TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Band of Brothers

If you havent seen this series, you should. Very well done and, it gives you a vague idea of what our fathers and grandfahers went through and, why they deserve our deepest gratitude and respect. Many of them are leaving us now.

Its on Spike tonight or, you can purchase the series

+1; one of the best I've seen.

Also, if you get the chance,I highly recommend watching Clint Eastwoods films "Flags of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima".

I haven't seen either of those yet but I want to. Valkyrie was alright. And if you want to see a good film about the end of the war in Germany; I highly recommend "Downfall". Here's a link to the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMgS74F6k6Q

And don't watch the parodies of Downfall unless you've seen the movie first. The parodies are funny, though.

If you havent seen this series, you should. Very well done and, it gives you a vague idea of what our fathers and grandfahers went through and, why they deserve our deepest gratitude and respect. Many of them are leaving us now.

Its on Spike tonight or, you can purchase the series

I try and watch every one if I can.

One of my Sergeant Major's, a good friend and mentor as a young officer, tried to get me to take home his VCR tapes from HBO back in 2002 but I was too lazy at the time to watch them. Several years later, I finally got around and bought the DVD's and couldn't put them down. I watched the whole thing in like three days (Band of Brothers). I knew about and have studied these battles but never realized that a single group of men went through all of them from the beginning of the war to the end. If you have never seen this, it is a must see for sure.

Amen brother...

Read the book. It's much better.

Shifty passed away last winter.

I like to remind people that we are losing our WWII vets - it used to be a thousand a day, but I bet it's more now, and soon will be fewer simply because there aren't that many left.

But we must also remember that we are losing the proportional number of the Survivors of the Holocaust.

I can't say any more now.

A couple of winters back we (our whole family) sat down and watched the entire series between Christmas & New Years.

I was very well made and once again drove home the sacrifices made by our heroes in the Armed Forces

On a side note a very good friend of mine was the Director of Photography on 3 of the episodes, and won a Golden Globe award for his work

Archived