TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Replacement Parts

robertlane

SAI is working on an entire new price structure for the GT500KR's replacement parts. There will be a press release about these changes, etc. next week sometime.

As a KR owner myself, I think other KR owners will be happy with the changes.

Have a great labor day weekend :)

thats AWESOME news. hopefully will have similar effect of like what Steve Saleen did by covering warranty on the cars that was cancelled by the company that bought them out. I know in the mustang forums out there Steve Saleen sure gained a huge amount of respect for that move- will need to put some SAI updates in a couple forums other too, this is really good news. thanks for the info RobertLane!

Hats off to the folks at Shelby for looking into this...darn, now that blue KR is looking even sweeter again :)

thats AWESOME news. hopefully will have similar effect of like what Steve Saleen did by covering warranty on the cars that was cancelled by the company that bought them out. I know in the mustang forums out there Steve Saleen sure gained a huge amount of respect for that move- will need to put some SAI updates in a couple forums other too, this is really good news. thanks for the info RobertLane!

Hats off to the folks at Shelby for looking into this...darn, now that blue KR is looking even sweeter again :)

Do you actually know a saleen owner who has benefitted from this? My service manager chuckled when I asked him about it a while back.

Respect, it was all BS, he did not warranty my Saleen Watts link that broke after less than a year of ownership

Companies come out with this crap all the time but dont stand behind it when you actually come forth, like me.

Do you actually know a saleen owner who has benefitted from this? My service manager chuckled when I asked him about it a while back.

Yes I do - at least one Saleen owner who received a check from SMS for warranty issues. I myself am debugging a problem with my Saleen, and SMS has been extremely helpful (although we have not narrowed the problem down enough to make a warranty claim yet). There were some negative stories floating around (this is a very emotional issue), but I have yet to hear first hand of a case where SMS wouldn't reimburse a valid claim.

Now Saleen Inc is also offering to support existing owner warranties, we're spoiled for choice! :->

Chris (2008 S302E).

hahaahh, exactly, they will not warranty ****

Trust me, I called everyone

Did you call Spring at SMS? Was the part purchased within the specific period that SMS offered to warranty? My experience with SMS has been great, but I am always interested to hear stories to the contrary...

Saleen Inc. themselves stated that they will now honor warranties, maybe you should give them a call and try again...

Chris.

SAI is working on an entire new price structure for the GT500KR's replacement parts. There will be a press release about these changes, etc. next week sometime.

:lurk:

Respect, it was all BS, he did not warranty my Saleen Watts link that broke after less than a year of ownership

Companies come out with this crap all the time but dont stand behind it when you actually come forth, like me.

The Watts link has a design problem with the bolt placement plain and simple . All PJ mustangs have this defective rear end.

It's Friday. Did I miss something?

Here is an Autoblog article. They lowered the price of the hood to $9,700.

I assume that is still plus the 15% handling, 15% dealer markup, and $$$ shipping.

One other thing from the article didn't jibe with what I had heard:

"In any case, Shelby itself pays for any shipping costs associated with the [returned] parts."

From what I had heard, the customer in this case had to pay for the shipping the original hood to Shelby (before they would even accept the order for the new hood), but I could be wrong there...

Chris.

I assume that is still plus the 15% handling, 15% dealer markup, and $$$ shipping.

One other thing from the article didn't jibe with what I had heard:

"In any case, Shelby itself pays for any shipping costs associated with the [returned] parts."

From what I had heard, the customer in this case had to pay for the shipping the original hood to Shelby (before they would even accept the order for the new hood), but I could be wrong there...

Chris.

And tack on that apparantly the replacement hood was damaged in transit. And the saga continues.........................poor guy.

• 2 weeks later...
Robert, The replacement hood was damaged in shipping per spoken torque. So far they have been correct.

I'm shocked. No reply to this one?? (note: perhaps in another thread I haven't gotten to)

:hysterical:

Sad that this is still persisting. I sure hope other KR owners discuss replacement part cost coverage with their insurance companies. Maybe CS will sign his new hood before they send it out??

• 3 weeks later...
KR's were $130k, now you can buy one for $60K

Hood was $12K, soon you will be able to buy for $2k :happy feet:

smashed my bumper and splitter. As of Oct 7, 2009, Shelby quoted 2950+15% plus freight. Found a very impressive cf shop that feels they can repair my splitter. Car was smashed on Sunday, tomorrow Friday I pick it up with new bumper, paint and lower grill. Still waiting for Shelby to release my stripes for my bumper. Ford authorized my stripes, but no feedback on replacement. Authorized the shop to strip off my blue stripes and paint them on. I am going to drive this car, enjoy this car and I am not going to let Shelby own my car. Of course, as you all know, all parts replaced must be sent back to sai(except stripes>)

Too much control causes revolution.

Man...I just looked over at spokentorque forums to see how this all played out(re - the guy that had the fender bender that needed a 23k hood, and couldnt even get it at that...resulting in the internet uproar over how hes been treated by SAI)- unbelievably, ITS STILL NOT RESOLVED???

sounds like now for the N-th time SAI is going to take care of it again, but man...whoever kept dropping the ball on this whole KR parts mess might just want to try the Avis auto rental's 'TRY HARDER' thing.

I cant even imagine how the owner has had the patience to have his car apart for half the summer over poor customer service...

Too all you lucky KR owners out there, best wishes on keeping those gems damage free...

something I still dont get, all the stuff about 'returning the old parts' only applies to the KR, not the even more rare/pricey/exclusive SuperSnake? why be so concerned with a V6 owner putting a 12,000.00 hood on his car, but no worries about same guy putting a 2k SS hood on it? get real.

I think I'm as confused as whoevers been handling this poor guys parts order...IMO somebody needs to just start over in the parts/service planning...I went from feeling mad at Shelby, to actually feeling sorry for them- I'm sure no one woulda ever wanted this kind of mess on their plate- somebody(s) really really made a mess for Shelby here...hope its not 'sabotage' from a unhappy employee or something, just cant believe after all the uproar a month later its still a mess?

for everyones sake, lets hope this ends soon and never occurs again...I'm bettin the guy with his name on the sign out front is gonna demand that- well if hes ever been made aware of it anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

I was dumb enough to spin my car and snap my spliiter. I just could not find myself silly enough to pay 2950 plus 15% quoted by shelby for a new splitter. I have commissioned a highly reputable supplier of cf parts to mould, modify and create a new rendeing of my kr spillter. It will not be an exact copy of the kr design as that could be challenged in a court of law. It will just be better made, less expensive, just as massive and stronger do to all cf being laid unidirectionally. Also, under chassis air flow should be improved with larger venting for under chassis air flow.

this firm just produced soy cf fenders and hood for 2010 mustang running at bonneville. Street price once done to be about 1500.00 out the door. If anywone is interested. Pictures coming in two weeks or so.

I was dumb enough to spin my car and snap my spliiter. I just could not find myself silly enough to pay 2950 plus 15% quoted by shelby for a new splitter. I have commissioned a highly reputable supplier of cf parts to mould, modify and create a new rendeing of my kr spillter. It will not be an exact copy of the kr design as that could be challenged in a court of law. It will just be better made, less expensive, just as massive and stronger do to all cf being laid unidirectionally. Also, under chassis air flow should be improved with larger venting for under chassis air flow.

this firm just produced soy cf fenders and hood for 2010 mustang running at bonneville. Street price once done to be about 1500.00 out the door. If anywone is interested. Pictures coming in two weeks or so.

Do you know if this firm have a webside?! Would like to see what they have for the 2010.

Archived