TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Watt's Link

Alright, who's got one and did/do you have a problem with keeping center pivot nut tightened? I've got mine set right in the center and for some reason after a couple days it seems to work iteslf loose enough for it notch down. I've torqued it, used thread adhesive, etc and it still works itself loose. I would seriously love to meet someone who knows about suspensions because I want to LEARN some of this stuff and understand it. Feel free to PM me and it would be great if you're in the SO CAL area....

Thanks!

Alright, who's got one and did/do you have a problem with keeping center pivot nut tightened? I've got mine set right in the center and for some reason after a couple days it seems to work iteslf loose enough for it notch down. I've torqued it, used thread adhesive, etc and it still works itself loose. I would seriously love to meet someone who knows about suspensions because I want to LEARN some of this stuff and understand it. Feel free to PM me and it would be great if you're in the SO CAL area....

Thanks!

Check the propeller and make sure the spacers are correct on the bearing, and that the bolt is not tightened against the bearing, making it not able to turn freely. If its Fays2 it should be a spacer on each side of the propeller bearing.

Hmmm - yeah, i may need to re-check all of that. Something is def not right. the propeller bolt keeps coming loose.... Yeah Jim, mine hung in all day, but on the drive home I could hear it rattling around again... Either of you guys feel like crawling under your car and snapping off some photos for me? :)

Either of you guys feel like crawling under your car and snapping off some photos for me? :)

Hey Cliff,

I will be under my car this weekend and will see if I can get the photos you need. My son and I are still cleaning it up after Willow and I am doing an undercar cleaning as part of that so your timing is good.

BTW, when will you have your new wheels on the car? I would like to see them as those are #1 on my list for replacements.

Jim

Hmmm - yeah, i may need to re-check all of that. Something is def not right. the propeller bolt keeps coming loose.... Yeah Jim, mine hung in all day, but on the drive home I could hear it rattling around again... Either of you guys feel like crawling under your car and snapping off some photos for me? :)

Heres what you want to look for. Starting at the rear of the car, The 3/4 bolt should have the head at the rear of the adj plate, next would be a 3/4 washer, on the other side of the plate you would have a 3/4 washer,3/4 Bushing, Then the Propeller,(The propeller has a snap ring in it to hold the bearing in,That has to face to the front of the car),Next is a 3/4 washer, and Nyloc Nut, Torque to 80ftlbs.

Heres what you want to look for. Starting at the rear of the car, The 3/4 bolt should have the head at the rear of the adj plate, next would be a 3/4 washer, on the other side of the plate you would have a 3/4 washer,3/4 Bushing, Then the Propeller,(The propeller has a snap ring in it to hold the bearing in,That has to face to the front of the car),Next is a 3/4 washer, and Nyloc Nut, Torque to 80ftlbs.

Also make sure the Propeller is at 11&5 position.

Archived