TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower Grill Install with SAI installed Brake Duct Kit

Has anyone installed the lower grill with the SAI installed brake duct kit? I think I am going to have to drill out the rivets SAI used to attach the hoses since I cannot get the plastic trim to come off. On a related note, has anyone added the lower driving lights after SAI installed the brake duct kit? It looks like my ducts are slightly off center on the trim piece making it questionable whether I can install the driving lights.

Thanks!

Thanks Jeff - I've read every post in that topic thread and did not find an answer or solution to my problem. I think I am going to drillout the rivets if I can get at them.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you! Did you remove the engine lower splash guard and still can't get at them?

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you! Did you remove the engine lower splash guard and still can't get at them?

Yes - I can see and feel the tabs, but they will not push back through with the brake duct hose attached. I'll try to get a picture posted tonight. What do you think about using 3M double stick tape to attach the lower grill?

Yes - I can see and feel the tabs, but they will not push back through with the brake duct hose attached. I'll try to get a picture posted tonight. What do you think about using 3M double stick tape to attach the lower grill?

I don't think tape is a good idea. I think you're better off just going back and removing the entire duct. maybe even the lights from the holder, and just starting from scratch. I'm pretty sure someone posted in here about adding 3rd party duct tubing but I can't find it now.

I don't think tape is a good idea. I think you're better off just going back and removing the entire duct. maybe even the lights from the holder, and just starting from scratch. I'm pretty sure someone posted in here about adding 3rd party duct tubing but I can't find it now.

I ended up drilling out the rivets that were holding the hose to the back of the brake duct bezels and was then able to pop off the pieces on the front. I riveted on the lower grill and used zip ties to hold the brake duct hose on instead of rivets. I'll probably put a hose clamp on as well. I had 4" clamps, but no 3" ones laying around.

I ended up drilling out the rivets that were holding the hose to the back of the brake duct bezels and was then able to pop off the pieces on the front. I riveted on the lower grill and used zip ties to hold the brake duct hose on instead of rivets. I'll probably put a hose clamp on as well. I had 4" clamps, but no 3" ones laying around.

You have SAI installed brake duct hose? When was this installed? SPP has yet to offer the hose for sale to those of us that purchased the bezel kit.

I'd love to see photos of your install, especially where the hose attaches to the bezels. What diameter hose is used on your kit? Thanks for any info.

Ken

the last time I checked with SPP,they did not have them,,no one there today or tommrow,, :headscratch: please reply to this if anyone has gotten the hose kit form SPP,,thanks Richard.post-12534-1252263067_thumb.jpg

they do not have them because they keep melting on the track!!!!! i put my order in 5 months ago. im content to wait though, i would rather get a kit that wont melt then get one that becomes liquid the first time i light it up going into turn one at hallet :shift:

You have SAI installed brake duct hose? When was this installed? SPP has yet to offer the hose for sale to those of us that purchased the bezel kit.

I'd love to see photos of your install, especially where the hose attaches to the bezels. What diameter hose is used on your kit? Thanks for any info.

Ken

Yes - The kit was installed during the summer of 2008 at SAI when I had my KB SC done. I put some of the pictures up on my flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42267155@N07/). Here are pictures of both sides. The hose is 3". I have not taken my car to the track so I don't know if there is a problem with these melting. I have not had a problem driving locally.

Chad

CIMG3584.jpg

CIMG3583.jpg

CIMG3571.jpg

CIMG3572.jpg

CIMG3584.jpg

CIMG3583.jpg

CIMG3571.jpg

CIMG3572.jpg

Yes - The kit was installed during the summer of 2008 at SAI when I had my KB SC done. I put some of the pictures up on my flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42267155@N07/). Here are pictures of both sides. The hose is 3". I have not taken my car to the track so I don't know if there is a problem with these melting. I have not had a problem driving locally.

Chad

Thanks for the pics Chad. It appears that the SAI installed brake kit of yesteryear is completely different from the bezels offered today.

My bezels require a 3 1/2" hose, but SPP doesn't sell it. I thought perhaps your setup might offer some hope, but alas, I live on with my super hot brakes! ;)

Ken

Chad

Interesting! Never seen this set-up before!

Many track miles on mine and no issues. These are hand fabricated.

Roger

Will these hand fabricated brake hoses work with cars that also have the PIAA driving lights and a Whipple 550?

I seriously need to get brake cooling ducts or I need to remove my PIAA lights and just choose the brake ducts instead but I would rather have both.

I have the Whipple 550 so I know the intercooler can cause space problems. I hope that SAI figures out a solution so you can have both the cooling ducts and the driving lights

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know where I can get installation instructions fro the kit.

Tasca sent the kit to me without the instructions.

They say thats the way they were sent to them.

Are you looking for the brake duct and driving light instructions? If so, here they are.

Break_and_Light_Install_Instructions_s.pdf

Break_and_Light_Install_Instructions_s.pdf

• 7 months later...

Do you know where I can get installation instructions fro the kit.

Tasca sent the kit to me without the instructions.

They say thats the way they were sent to them.

Did you ever install this on your car?

I found this thread stashed away in my saved threads folder