TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our new car is in!!!

Tarbrock

Got the call today! The 2010 GT500 we ordered is at the dealership...and apparently attracting a lot of attention!!! LOL Got a million dollar lotto winner trying to look at it while I was up taking a peek of it myself....had to tell him it's not available...it's mine!! Funny!!!

Maybe tomorrow she'll be in her new garage here at our house....hopefully!!! I know it'll be tough saying goodbye to the 08 Shelby GT---I will really miss that car, but I know I'll have a new toy to play with.

Hope I can sleep tonight!!! LOL!

Got the call today! The 2010 GT500 we ordered is at the dealership...and apparently attracting a lot of attention!!! LOL Got a million dollar lotto winner trying to look at it while I was up taking a peek of it myself....had to tell him it's not available...it's mine!! Funny!!!

Maybe tomorrow she'll be in her new garage here at our house....hopefully!!! I know it'll be tough saying goodbye to the 08 Shelby GT---I will really miss that car, but I know I'll have a new toy to play with.

Tarbrock - Great news on your car! Do you know when your car was built? Mine's "in production" right now and I'm trying to find out how long it takes to get to the dealer. I know it's weeks but I keep hoping for some good news.

Tarbrock - Great news on your car! Do you know when your car was built? Mine's "in production" right now and I'm trying to find out how long it takes to get to the dealer. I know it's weeks but I keep hoping for some good news.

Yeah good question Tarbrock. I was going to ask the same. Mine was built on 8/5 and still waiting. It's currently on rail in New Florence, PA headed for Newark, NJ.

I know it'll be tough saying goodbye to the 08 Shelby GT---I will really miss that car, but I know I'll have a new toy to play with.

Congrats on the impending delivery of your car to your garage, Tarbrock!

As for the old car...just speaking for myself - I haven't given my old one a thought since I brought the Shelby home, it has made it an easy transition for me! And believe me, I loved that thing and took care of it just like the Shelby.

Ours was a very special situation as our 2008 SGT was/is a lemon...Ford pushed our request/order fast to get the buy back of the lemon overwith...they don't like them to linger very long...so, whatever info I give you wouldn't be relevant for the average bear. :-) But...you should be able to call Ford Customer Service and ask them your expected delivery date...if you have your VIN. They were very helpful when I called them....and our car arrived ahead of schedule. Best wishes!

Thanks for your kind words....I'll still wonder about it though...wonder where it is....what kind of "surgery" FORD put her through..lol....and wonder who bought it at auction and for how much! :-)

Congrats on the impending delivery of your car to your garage, Tarbrock!

As for the old car...just speaking for myself - I haven't given my old one a thought since I brought the Shelby home, it has made it an easy transition for me! And believe me, I loved that thing and took care of it just like the Shelby.

Ours was due 9 September, I believe...so it got here early! If it's on rail it should be coming really fast....expect a call soon I'd be saying!! Wow...I'm excited for you.

Yeah good question Tarbrock. I was going to ask the same. Mine was built on 8/5 and still waiting. It's currently on rail in New Florence, PA headed for Newark, NJ.

I should have read your question better...I don't know how long it took. I'm sorry...I didn't get all that information as it was being built.

This news would probably send most of you into cardiac arrest...but I sort of expected it so my heart is just fine:

Can't get the new car until Tuesday!!! LOL!!! Because of our situation, the buy back, the $$$ figures, the short staff, the holiday weekend...the :censored: blah blah blah, it'll be Tuesday before all the paperwork is sorted out so I'll just continue driving the 08 til then.... :rant2:

Have a happy long holiday weekend everyone! :salute:

Tammy

Had no problem getting rid of my 07 White Shelby Gt for the new Grabber Blue GT500 in the garage. Very happy with the looks and style of the 2010's. :happy feet:

How come you couldn't pick it up that same day you saw it. You'll have all the looky lou's wanting to sit in it or open the hood etc. :finger: I picked mine up the second it came off the truck and nobody drove it or touched it. I detailed it myself and my favorite tech did the PDI but didn't drive it.

Ours was due 9 September, I believe...so it got here early!

Thanks Tarbrock. That's what I was hoping to hear, that it came in ahead of it's estimated delivery date. Don't want to get my hopes up but my delivery date is 9/25. It would be nice if it came a week early.

BTW - That absolutely sucks that you can't get the car until Tuesday. I'm afraid I would be in someone's face. Not that I like a confrontation but geez it's right there.

Can't get the new car until Tuesday!!! LOL!!! Because of our situation, the buy back, the $$$ figures, the short staff, the holiday weekend...the :censored: blah blah blah,

Did you check the mileage on your car when you saw it? Hopefully it'll be the same mileage on Tuesday :o

Just Kidding,.....I'm sure that spotty teenager that works holiday weekends only won't be tempted whatsoever to take your beauty for a "PDI" drive ;)

I didn't get the message until nearly 6 pm...and they closed at 6:30 pm....so...we waited until today. Now, today, due to all the reasons given in original post and because we have a Ford buy back, it's a little stickier situation than a regular sell. I'm patient...but yes..."looky lou's" have already congregated around it....opened the hood, etc. A lottery winner came up when he heard there was a 2010 there...to buy it...lol...I was there and kindly let him know that it was not for sale...that car is already SOLD. Hahahaha....I'll go up tomorrow to check the mileage...never thought of that.

Had no problem getting rid of my 07 White Shelby Gt for the new Grabber Blue GT500 in the garage. Very happy with the looks and style of the 2010's. :happy feet:

How come you couldn't pick it up that same day you saw it. You'll have all the looky lou's wanting to sit in it or open the hood etc. :finger: I picked mine up the second it came off the truck and nobody drove it or touched it. I detailed it myself and my favorite tech did the PDI but didn't drive it.

Hahahaha...now you're getting me nervous. Maybe I need to go up and ask them to put it in the garage for the weekend, huh?

Did you check the mileage on your car when you saw it? Hopefully it'll be the same mileage on Tuesday :o

Just Kidding,.....I'm sure that spotty teenager that works holiday weekends only won't be tempted whatsoever to take your beauty for a "PDI" drive ;)

Well, I have to understand the situation we're in with Ford buying back our 08 SGT---there are LOTS of people involved in this process...there are people involved from higher up than the dealership alone...with the time zone difference, holiday weekend, short staffed, yada yada yada...I really need to be patient. Believe me...I've been up in faces for months already!!!! Ford finally got their legal analyst on me--trying...but NOT succeeding...to strong arm me a couple months ago while we were "negotiating" this buy back. So...I'm tired of being Billy bad ass...I can hold out another 4 days. :-) But I agree...it does suck.

Thanks Tarbrock. That's what I was hoping to hear, that it came in ahead of it's estimated delivery date. Don't want to get my hopes up but my delivery date is 9/25. It would be nice if it came a week early.

BTW - That absolutely sucks that you can't get the car until Tuesday. I'm afraid I would be in someone's face. Not that I like a confrontation but geez it's right there.

Archived