TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rear bumper cover

I can tell you from my experience that the GT-500 part number is: 7R3Z-17K835-BAPTM MSRP is $660 - $675 (primed ready for paint)

But their is hope as this bumper cover has 4 different part numbers (1 for GT500, 1 for SGT, 1 for GT/CS, and one for Mustang GT Accessory). Each with a different MSRP, $660ish for the Shelby numbers, $450ish for the Cali Special and ~$350 for the accessory one. All are in primer.

Keep in mind that the part number on this is merely what's placed on the packaging and used for it's perspective marketing! That is the only difference! The other difference is when they get painted at the body shop as the GT500 remains the molded texture around the sides vs. the others get painted!

I have found that if you shop around and ask the ford dealer for a price break (I let all local ford dealers know about my mustang club membership and typically get ~20% discount).

The Accessory part number also comes with other attachments that rivet to the back side of the cover where the others don't (need to order separately or re-use from existing) This can be had for ~$290! Part Number is: 6R3Z-6320049-BA

Here's some info from a Ford Parts Manager: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...amp;postcount=1

Note that the installation instructions are included in his post.

When buying this from your local ford dealer, no shipping costs!

Are you sure it wouldn't be better to repair it? I'm an autobody tech, post a pic and I'll give you my opinion. With a new cover you have to worry about matching the color to the 1/4 panels ,maybe blend the 1/4s. If your scratch- gouge is near the middle it could be repaired, blend the color then clear the whole bumper and it still match your 1/4 panels. And no new bumper to buy.

Are you sure it wouldn't be better to repair it? I'm an autobody tech, post a pic and I'll give you my opinion. With a new cover you have to worry about matching the color to the 1/4 panels ,maybe blend the 1/4s. If your scratch- gouge is near the middle it could be repaired, blend the color then clear the whole bumper and it still match your 1/4 panels. And no new bumper to buy.

Archived