TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A clone in my town !

rush_junky

In a word, no.

It’s a poor representation of an SGT and absolutely has no effect on our true SGT's. If they were attempting to pass it off as an actual SGT then I would be pissed! Either way, the guy has good taste for attempting to clone and SGT, but terrible care in execution.

Just my $.02

In a word, no.

It’s a poor representation of an SGT and absolutely has no effect on our true SGT's. If they were attempting to pass it off as an actual SGT then I would be pissed! Either way, the guy has good taste for attempting to clone and SGT, but terrible care in execution.

Just my $.02

+1! Those are some FAT stripes on the rear end - they almost go tail light to tail light!! :doh:

Let them have thier fun. :hysterical:

Not really overpriced for a GT. I don't really care for it. But who am I? Some may not be able to afford thier dream just yet and add as they go. At least it is a mustang and bleeds FORD Blue. Many I know wanted a Shelby and couldn't afford it so they Bought a GT and did some work. Most look nice. I enjoy my SGT and I know others do also, I don't want others to think I rule with my SGT and you suck with your plain O GT. :shift: Never know when you might need thier help.

Agree. Not everyone can afford a real Shelby. When i go to cruise-ins, i park my car and go look at everyone elses. Some look very nice and some are rust buckets but most people are just as proud of what they have as me. My pet peave is to go to a car show or cruise-in and see people with there lawn chairs sitting right next to there cars like they are glued to them with there friends and don't give anyone else the time of day. I go to cruise-ins and shows to see all the cars in various stages of restoration. If i win a trophy ,its because i bought it because i mostly have money invested in my car as others have a lot of sweat invested in theirs. New cars in car shows is like going deer hunting. If i want a boone and crockett buck then all i have to do is pay the money and i can get the score. I'm proud of my car but i'm more thankful that i've had a good job for 39 years that has allowed me to buy it. I really kind of feel uncomfortable parking my car next to a rust-bucket because i don't want anyone thinking i'm better than they are. I'm sure most people at car shows or cruise-ins are doing the best they can. Signed, Blessed.

Agree. Not everyone can afford a real Shelby. When i go to cruise-ins, i park my car and go look at everyone elses. Some look very nice and some are rust buckets but most people are just as proud of what they have as me. My pet peave is to go to a car show or cruise-in and see people with there lawn chairs sitting right next to there cars like they are glued to them with there friends and don't give anyone else the time of day. I go to cruise-ins and shows to see all the cars in various stages of restoration. If i win a trophy ,its because i bought it because i mostly have money invested in my car as others have a lot of sweat invested in theirs. New cars in car shows is like going deer hunting. If i want a boone and crockett buck then all i have to do is pay the money and i can get the score. I'm proud of my car but i'm more thankful that i've had a good job for 39 years that has allowed me to buy it. I really kind of feel uncomfortable parking my car next to a rust-bucket because i don't want anyone thinking i'm better than they are. I'm sure most people at car shows or cruise-ins are doing the best they can. Signed, Blessed.

Ditto, I always compliment others and have met some super people. :happy feet:

Met AZWildcat at a show. Nice guy nice car nice family.

Thats a terrible clone shelby. I was actually looking forward to seeing the car after reading the description but then i saw the pictures. :( He basically put shelby rocker stripes/powered by ford badge/and the trunk letters. he's better off advertising as a nice gt for sale. I dont knock people who try to make clones of shelbys or other cars, not everyone can afford them and thats understandable. My mom has a shelby clone thats windveil blue, its a pretty car and thats what she cares about more than anything. Im not knocking the guy, im just a bit dissapointed in the actual car advertised.

I would say no, he states right away that it's a clone so no harm done.

:shift:

I would not call that a "clone" at all!

A clone is a car that's supposed to look exactly like the real thing.

That GT is what I'd call a "tribute car", but the badges add too much posing to it. The stripes are the wrong color and width. The scoop is not the right color (should be silver) and a real clone wouldn't have a ducktail spoiler or the stock front spoiler.

If it's true that "outwardly, everybody thinks it is a shelby!" then he must live in an area where Shelbys don't sell for too much.

Archived