TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Video Find: 2010 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Caught Testing at the Drag Strip

ilmor

Those things are frickin animals...after a bit of tuning of course. Oh sure, they're rated at 425 from the factory. But as previously stated, majorly detuned. I was at New England Dragway for the Ford Fest a few weeks back and somebody was making a few passes in a brand new 08 CJ. It was 90 deg out and not only did they spin a bit outta the gate, but they're shifting was not the best either. BUT, they still managed a 10.5 down the 1320. We decided to go talk to the owner and he said that this was the first time the car had been down the strip and all they had done was put it on the dyno and tweak it a bit. Now, they said they managed to get 725 or so. I don't remember if that was at the rear or estimated crank HP. But still, 10.5 is pretty darn good for not getting outta the hole that well with lazy shifts to boot. Sounds like it's good for 9's eh? Awesome machine, very impressed!!

DS

Those things are frickin animals...after a bit of tuning of course. Oh sure, they're rated at 425 from the factory. But as previously stated, majorly detuned. I was at New England Dragway for the Ford Fest a few weeks back and somebody was making a few passes in a brand new 08 CJ. It was 90 deg out and not only did they spin a bit outta the gate, but they're shifting was not the best either. BUT, they still managed a 10.5 down the 1320. We decided to go talk to the owner and he said that this was the first time the car had been down the strip and all they had done was put it on the dyno and tweak it a bit. Now, they said they managed to get 725 or so. I don't remember if that was at the rear or estimated crank HP. But still, 10.5 is pretty darn good for not getting outta the hole that well with lazy shifts to boot. Sounds like it's good for 9's eh? Awesome machine, very impressed!!

DS

Wow, thanks for the report- just as I thought. Impressive!! :happy feet:

Archived