TEAM SHELBY FORUM

H E L P

Shelby101

Hello folks,

Last week I was told my car would be built this week. Probay Monday or Tuesday.

I called Customer Service several times yesterday and talked with a different person each time.

I have oticed in the past that many people found the day te car was to be built, striped, etc.

These terms are refrred to as Segmented, etc.

When I push C/S for this types of answers, I am told they do not know what I am talking about.

Can some one clarify what questions I shoud be asking to get better information?

PLEASE HELP ! ! !

Hello folks,

Last week I was told my car would be built this week. Probay Monday or Tuesday.

I called Customer Service several times yesterday and talked with a different person each time.

I have oticed in the past that many people found the day te car was to be built, striped, etc.

These terms are refrred to as Segmented, etc.

When I push C/S for this types of answers, I am told they do not know what I am talking about.

Can some one clarify what questions I shoud be asking to get better information?

PLEASE HELP ! ! !

There are some steps that you should see your car going thru.

1. Sub to plant. (vin created)

2. Scheduled (Build week)

3. Bucked (your car is being built)

4. Released from plant (your car is heading for stripes now)

Have you been told any of these terms ?

Yes, I have the vin and was told it was being built this week.

But can't seem to get any further with it now.

All just keep saying it is in production and building this week with a 12/27 ship date.

101, From what I got out of the AAI plant, your car will probably be shipped to the railyard in West Chicago near the airport. Same thing with mine. It will be placed on a car carrier from there. There is a spot nearby where you could camp out. Don't forget binoculars and a good sleeping bag.

Yes, I have the vin and was told it was being built this week.

But can't seem to get any further with it now.

All just keep saying it is in production and building this week with a 12/27 ship date.

I'd ask them to read the code to you in the status field...letter for letter. For example, "REL FRM PLNT" or something like that is released from plant. When they say "Sir, it is in production", I always say, "thank you, but can you read the current status code to me from your screen please?"

My guess is, assuming you have a 12/27 ship date, that you are "scheduled" at the moment. If that's the case, the next stage will be "bucked". It doesn't stay in "bucked" status very long...maybe 1-2 days. Then it will go to released from plant. After that, don't hold your breath...I'm in the black hole of "released from plant" at the moment and can find no additional info. It is frustrating. If I had to guess, I'd say mine is either being striped or has been released from striping but they haven't yet updated their system.

Good luck.

Dave

My status now says released from foreign plant (AAI must be in a trade zone) with an ETA of the week of 12/18. Will the VOPC voice message change when it is shipped? Do I have to talk to the analyst to get the railcar number?

The rail car number will show on the dealer print out that is electronically printed. Can your dealer help you ?

My dealer is good but he keeps making comments like: "I've never had a customer ask for this before" :hysterical:

I sent in a very condensed list of things I wanted done and left undone during the prep ( 5 vs Coldwater's list of 20+) and he called me and asked "are you sure about these?" I need to send him Coldwater's list and make him feel a little better about my short list :hysterical2:

He also mentioned, as a warning, that they contact his sales manager everytime someone using that dealer number uses an analyst on the VOPC phone report.

My dealer is good but he keeps making comments like: "I've never had a customer ask for this before" :hysterical:

I sent in a very condensed list of things I wanted done and left undone during the prep ( 5 vs Coldwater's list of 20+) and he called me and asked "are you sure about these?" I need to send him Coldwater's list and make him feel a little better about my short list :hysterical2:

He also mentioned, as a warning, that they contact his sales manager everytime someone using that dealer number uses an analyst on the VOPC phone report.

Warning. I don't get it. Is your car status confidential. Why would they care if you call. Is CS the same as VOPC ?

Warning. I don't get it. Is your car status confidential. Why would they care if you call. Is CS the same as VOPC ?

I don't understand the overall attitude either. I am calling on the "dealer only" line and Ford probably "blames" the dealer if a buyer gets a hold of the number and uses it.

It would be nice if they would give a buyer online status reports for car orders.

I don't understand the overall attitude either. I am calling on the "dealer only" line and Ford probably "blames" the dealer if a buyer gets a hold of the number and uses it.

It would be nice if they would give a buyer online status reports for car orders.

Oh, ok I see. I am calling the 1 800 line.I do not rate good enough to have that super secret dealer line.

I do however know other importand people in importand places. :hysterical:

My status now says released from foreign plant (AAI must be in a trade zone) with an ETA of the week of 12/18. Will the VOPC voice message change when it is shipped? Do I have to talk to the analyst to get the railcar number?

Yes moab, I had confirmed this in an earlier post about the trade zone. Not sure what you mean about the VOPC voice message...is that system now accepting GT500 codes? Last we checked it was not. As for the railcar number, they will tell you that only your dealer will have it. I have asked that 4 times and always the same response...and still my dealer claims he doesn't have it either.

Dave

I think it is "shipped".

You are correct. HOWEVER, Marc@Kentucky just posted that his car showed up TODAY and never advanced from the "released from foreign plant" status.

My car is currently "released from foreign plant", with an ETA of 12/9. :redcard:

We are a bunch of resourceful and intelligent people on this board, but we can't find an accurate way to keep tabs on these things. :rant:

Dave

You are correct. HOWEVER, Marc@Kentucky just posted that his car showed up TODAY and never advanced from the "released from foreign plant" status.

My car is currently "released from foreign plant", with an ETA of 12/9. :redcard:

We are a bunch of resourceful and intelligent people on this board, but we can't find an accurate way to keep tabs on these things. :rant:

Dave

Mine also never changed from REL FRN PLT. No rail car number or SHIPPED status ever entered. Arrived at dealer exactly 10 days past original ETA, the time it took going to the stripe shop and back.

Archived