TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Man, it's quiet around here

I've been freakin' out over the last two days because right as the new info about codes and such coming out my internet connection decided to take a vacation. It’s still iffy and seems to be very sporadic as to when I can and can’t get online.

Hey Paul, did you talk to Your Dealer about the Order Fuss??

Yup and here's what I got by way of an email. I spoke to him and then I emailed Five O's codes and he sent this

Paul,

Whoever wrote the e-mail is correct with what a DORA is. However, the

Canadian order bank is not open yet. I will let everyone know when it

opens up.

Larry

>

>

I've been here and there, I just don't have alot to say. I'm so wrapped up in all the bs trying to get the GT to run again, I have little time to ponder much else. For those who aren't familiar, here's the deal..........it's a 95 GT I bought brand new. This is combination #7. The car hates me and is trying to kill me. It's possessed or something. Look for a story soon covering the step-by-step of the resurrection (it has 33K, and hasn't moved in 2 years).

As far as the noise, here...............

clang, klink, clang, clang, klink, klink, kling

That's me kicking a wrench and throwing some parts across the floor.

:shrug:

I'm going to my dealer Monday morning to try and see it I can put my order in even though they didn't recieve any info from Ford yet. I will go in armed with all the ordering codes. We'll see what happens!!!

I'm as nervous as could be especially with all that we've heard about the stuff the dealers have been pulling lately. Greed is a powerful force. I'm #1 with a msrp written promise and a cashed check.

I'm going to my dealer Monday morning to try and see it I can put my order in even though they didn't recieve any info from Ford yet. I will go in armed with all the ordering codes. We'll see what happens!!!

I'm as nervous as could be especially with all that we've heard about the stuff the dealers have been pulling lately. Greed is a powerful force. I'm #1 with a msrp written promise and a cashed check.

I would think that would be enough to threaten legal action if they change their minds. Just wave that under their faces. Just the prospect of that would make nearly every dealer change their minds pretty quickly. :yup:

That's what I did on Thursday. My sales guy said they didn't have any ordering info on the GT500. I asked him to humor me, and we were able to get everything entered in the Conceps program. Stick to your guns. You can get ording information entered. :yup:

I would think that would be enough to threaten legal action if they change their minds. Just wave that under their faces. Just the prospect of that would make nearly every dealer change their minds pretty quickly. :yup:

That thought is on my mind but only as a last resort. ;)

That's what I did on Thursday. My sales guy said they didn't have any ordering info on the GT500. I asked him to humor me, and we were able to get everything entered in the Conceps program. Stick to your guns. You can get ording information entered. :yup:

Will do ,thanks for the info. :yup:

Good stuff, I will try that for sure.

BTW, has anyone got ANY communication from SVT? I signed up for e-mail info a LONG TIME AGO, and never recieved ONE iota of info from them...

I signed up for e-mail info a LONG TIME AGO, and never recieved ONE iota of info from them...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday... signed up, but haven't received even ONE bit of info. Zip, zero, nada! :shrug:

I told ya.

I hate to say I told ya so, but I told ya so!!!

Anything that eventually ends up being burped out to us, will be OLD news anyway.

They might as well get their information from us, not us from them.

KingCobra.

I told ya.

I hate to say I told ya so, but I told ya so!!!

Anything that eventually ends up being burped out to us, will be OLD news anyway.

They might as well get their information from us, not us from them.

KingCobra.

Funny you should say that because I find when I go to the dealer I am a step or two ahead of what they're telling me.

Me too. I was talking to my dealer today, and he told me it looked like they would begin production sometime in June, and I said June 5. He says, see, you guys know more than we do.

:rockon:

KingCobra.

Me too. I was talking to my dealer today, and he told me it looked like they would begin production sometime in June, and I said June 5. He says, see, you guys know more than we do.

:rockon:

KingCobra.

KC, did he mention when he thought he would get allocation numbers and pricing?

Just saw the info below on TMS:

"I had a face to face with our zone manager yesterday and one of the items we discussed in length was the 07 Mustang including Shelby.

One of the main reasons that info flowing from Ford has been spotty and incomplete to say the least is that Steve Lytons who was in charge of slaes resigned a month or so ago. The program was going to be set up the way he planned it but the new regime had their own ideas so some of the marketing and production info was re-done.

Total number are to be in the vicinity of 9000 units each year for 2 years. With just under 3800 Ford Dealers, that would be a little less than 3 per dealer. Here is where it gets interesting.

There were 254 power leases who are guaranteed a car so that number comes off the top. They will be receiving a letter around the end of the month. They can choose the dealer they want to get the car from and it will NOT come out of that dealers allocation.

Next the Presidents award winners come off the top as well since they each are guaranteed a car.

That brings us to approx 8400 cars left for the 3800 dealers.

Lets just say that 300 dealers do NOT obtain the certification required due to the cost, that leaves 8400 cars for 3500 dealers.

Former SVT dealers are guaranteed a car which again comes off the top. I am not sure of that number but lets assume 400 dealers so not there are 8000 cars to go around for 3500 dealers.

At this point the allocation will be based on Mustang historical sales so the dealers who have sold a lot of Mustangs will earn a higher percentage.

We are the largest dealer in our zone and also sell the most Mustangs in our zone [thanks to TMS members in part]. I have one Power Lease customer chomping at the bit so he is guaranteed a car. Since we are not a Presidents winner but were a SVT dealer, we will probably get 2 and on the outside 3 cars over and above the Power lease customer. If that is the case, they are already spoken for.

Order guides are due out on 3/13 but as has already been discussed, we can force an order at this point since "Concepts" is loaded with the codes for edit testing [i already ordered my 07 GT Vert].

Hope this info helps."

Thanks for sharing the info. with all dealers getting one it will thin out the #'s making it tougher to get one since they will only have one or two. That will surely boost up the prices on these cars.

I agree. With my #3 spot, I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Archived