TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay scammer hood scoops

Got this reply to my e-mail:

"Dear Value Customer,

We apologize for our service. We will have further confirmation about the issue and make appropriate adjustment on the description of the item.

For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact customer service team by email, or call for assistance @ (909)839-2992, M to F 11am - 6pm PST.

Best Regards,

Muriel

Customer Service Team"

"Dear Value Customer,

We apologize for our service. We will have further confirmation about the issue and make appropriate adjustment on the description of the item.

For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact customer service team by email, or call for assistance @ (909)839-2992, M to F 11am - 6pm PST.

Best Regards,

Muriel

Customer Service Team"

I sent them an email before I posted this and this is what I said to them.

I am very offended that you would describe this as a Hood scoop for a Shelby GT 2005-2009 model. I am going to forward this to Amy Boylan at SAI for her review.

Then last night at 10:00pm central time I received the same exact email from them as you did.

I think we all should ban together and harass any eBay seller that tries to mislead the public or misinform them about the Shelby brand.

"Dear Value Customer,

Best Regards,

Muriel

Customer Service Team"

I got the same response from them. On their new postings, they changed the title to "Shelby Style".

Thanks Roger. :happy feet: I am always on the hunt for another Real Shelby GT hoodscoop so it really annoys me to have all these fakes come up in the search field.

I really dislike most ebay sellers. In my business there are so many people on ebay trying to sell what I sell and they even have enough balls to steal my photos from my website. I sell new parts and they sell used parts that they are claiming to be new and then they use my photo to try to convince the seller that there used parts are the same as my new parts. :banghead:

The parts I sell are for a specific type of exercise equipment.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Roger. :happy feet: I am always on the hunt for another Real Shelby GT hoodscoop so it really annoys me to have all these fakes come up in the search field.

I really dislike most ebay sellers. In my business there are so many people on ebay trying to sell what I sell and they even have enough balls to steal my photos from my website. I sell new parts and they sell used parts that they are claiming to be new and then they use my photo to try to convince the seller that there used parts are the same as my new parts. :banghead:

The parts I sell are for a specific type of exercise equipment.

I can get you an extra scoop.... :hysterical:

I do not beleive the seller was actually trying to pass it off as a shelby hood scoop... What I do beleive is when your selling on Ebay (and I sell) you try to cover all the bases.. That being said for example I build 1/16 scale WW2 custom RC tanks,,,when I list them I would post in the title WW2 Tamiya, RC Tank etc etc.. Since Ebay is runs on a search bases, it just makes sense to include the words mustang, GT shelby, Bullit whatever..

I know that us Shelby guys would never buy one of those hood scoops but I think it was designed to just draw in more viewers..

He should have listed it as Mustang Hood scoop,,,Ugly, Black, sticks to hood with cheezy tape, not real or authentic... I think that would have worked better..

GNB

Archived