TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clear Bra

I've been looking at getting the clear bra done. I've heard only good things about it. The only problem is I'd have to do the whole hood, because of the stripes. :headscratch:

If that's what there telling you get another installers opinion-

They should have no problem doing it over the strips no matter how far up the hood you want. We've had it installed on our Roush about 12" from the front edge right over the strips without any issues. I have a quote to do the same on the SGT ($750) for the nose running it up on the hood the same way.

Good luck-

I've been looking at getting the clear bra done. I've heard only good things about it. The only problem is I'd have to do the whole hood, because of the stripes. :headscratch:

I went to this place and at first they applied the clear bra to the entire front bumper over the stripes. This however did not alow for a completely flat adhesion to the bumper and dirt was able to get behind the bra. The solution for me was to have the installer cut a thin line in the clear bra in 4 places on each side of the stripes. I've had no problems with dirt getting in or with the application in over a year. In your case though I don't think you will need to do the entire hood. You should be able to go from the front of the hood either 18" or 24" up an should be fine. The hood sits at a different geometry than the bumper so you should be fine. Call and talk to Mark at this site and he should be able to give you the straight dope.

http://www.ultrashieldofstl.com/contact.html

Dave

Here is my impression after seeing "Grabbers" Ultra shield on his GT500 vs the 3M Clear Bra on our Roush

I would say the 3M is not as thick of material and maybe not as durable to larger debries, but it is better suited to be applied over stripes and fits around the contour edges of the stripes better-

We have the 3M Clear Bra on the complete bumper cover of the Roush, right over the stripes and after 3 yrs still has no air gaps or dirt behind the material. Thou it does appears that the stripe material Roush uses is a few mm thinner then the Shelby material, my 3M installer still said for me to expect the same results on my Shelby as we see on the Roush.

After 3yrs and 16k miles, including a 3k mile vacation road trip in 2008 the Roush nose still looks brand new

Good luck-

Archived