TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Tower Brace

justindewoody

Got my JLT Carbon Fiber intake tube today glad to know the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace fits I was thinking that it would after changing the tube...............plan to install them this weekend

It is a VERY tight fit, but it fits. The STB will touch the intake tube, but will not crush it or break it or damage it. They just make contact. It's totally fine. I really like the look with the STB, so I'm glad I went ahead and took the risk and got one.

take a short piece of velcro (the soft side) and place it on the underside of the strut tower bar where it comes into contact. It'll keep the scratches off the JLT

good tip there, I'm going to do that when my parts come in from JLT next week...

I ordered the carbon fiber intake tube, and a "stock-look" STB (like on the 2007-09). JLT is painting it KONA blue to match my car... SWEET!

It is a VERY tight fit, but it fits. The STB will touch the intake tube, but will not crush it or break it or damage it. They just make contact. It's totally fine.

Too right it's a tight fight! :o It looks awfully close to the top of the engine as well as the intake tube. What about the dynamic engine movement that's probably circa 10-15mm on a good day?

Too right it's a tight fight! :o It looks awfully close to the top of the engine as well as the intake tube. What about the dynamic engine movement that's probably circa 10-15mm on a good day?

It's not a problem at all. Just make sure you get the spacers from JLT. They are 8 bucks apiece. That way the STB does NOT touch the JLT and you still clear the hood and the SC.

good tip there, I'm going to do that when my parts come in from JLT next week...

I ordered the carbon fiber intake tube, and a "stock-look" STB (like on the 2007-09). JLT is painting it KONA blue to match my car... SWEET!

You will be getting our strut bar spacers with your order.

I hope other shops are not selling the JLT tube and saying it will work with any strut bar...

We have tested this and our strut bar spacers are a must.

Touching the bar is not good

If any of you need spacers, call to order.

Thanks

Jay

Archived