TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine mods and silverhorse louvers

zeindog

Here are some quick pics (sorry for quality it was getting dark) of what I have been working on for the past couple weeks. I basically cleaned up the engine bay and made the engine even more prominent. I did a battery relocation, new intercooler, radiator, and power steering tanks. Also a fuse box cover and brake cylinder fluid cover. I had all of them powdercoated to match the rims. There was modifications to make most of the parts fit, the fuse box cover wasnt even close. There must of been some changes made in the overall size of it. I replaced the coil covers with custom painted ones that I did. I stripped a set of factory covers, sanded them down, painted them black, then sanded again to give it that look. Also I got rid of that hideous intake tube, that was the biggest eyesore next to the battery. I did some relocating of the stock wiring harnesses too and hid most of them from view to clean up the look even further. All that I need to do is replace the ugly fuel rails and I think it will be complete.

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

And here are the new silverhorse flush mount louvers...

DSC00460-1.jpg

DSC00461-1.jpg

DSC00458-1.jpg

Thanks all. The battery was relocated to the trunk. I installed it inside a battery box and mounted it on the passenger side back corner. It was a pretty easy install, just took my time and made sure everything was secure and terminated properly. I have been working with vehicle electronics for almost 10 years now so it was almost second nature for me in doing all the wiring and relocating of the battery and wiring harnesses.

Here are some quick pics (sorry for quality it was getting dark) of what I have been working on for the past couple weeks. I basically cleaned up the engine bay and made the engine even more prominent. I did a battery relocation, new intercooler, radiator, and power steering tanks. Also a fuse box cover and brake cylinder fluid cover. I had all of them powdercoated to match the rims. There was modifications to make most of the parts fit, the fuse box cover wasnt even close. There must of been some changes made in the overall size of it. I replaced the coil covers with custom painted ones that I did. I stripped a set of factory covers, sanded them down, painted them black, then sanded again to give it that look. Also I got rid of that hideous intake tube, that was the biggest eyesore next to the battery. I did some relocating of the stock wiring harnesses too and hid most of them from view to clean up the look even further. All that I need to do is replace the ugly fuel rails and I think it will be complete.

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

And here are the new silverhorse flush mount louvers...

DSC00460-1.jpg

DSC00461-1.jpg

DSC00458-1.jpg

How did you cover the brake reservoir?

The brake reservoir is just a metal cover from moroso. I had to modify it slightly to fit. Here are the part numbers

Radiator tank: Canton 80-236S

Intercooler tank: Canton 80-234S

Power Steering tank: Canton 77-236

Fuse box cover: Moroso 74221

Brake reservoir cover: Moroso 74220

I got all the canton tanks from D'Agostino racing and the covers from Jegs.

Archived