TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kr axle backs

09vistablue

How much horsepower gain will straight bolt on kr axlebacks add ?? or is it just more of a sound thing?

Or should a guy with a full cat back exhaust, I've heard as much as 30 hp gain ?

I don't really wan't to cut in to the h pipe or go as far as headers and was just wondering if any one had dynoed after an axle back exhaust exchange, I know in the SPP catalog it is only a slight loss of performance compared to the full cat back , but was just wondering if any one had approx. numbers Thx

How much horsepower gain will straight bolt on kr axlebacks add ?? or is it just more of a sound thing?

Or should a guy with a full cat back exhaust, I've heard as much as 30 hp gain ?

I don't really wan't to cut in to the h pipe or go as far as headers and was just wondering if any one had dynoed after an axle back exhaust exchange, I know in the SPP catalog it is only a slight loss of performance compared to the full cat back , but was just wondering if any one had approx. numbers Thx

My guesstimate would be somewhere between 10-20 HP.

• 2 weeks later...
Sound only, no HP to be gained from the axlebacks. About 17HP from cat-back (new high-flow cats) exhaust with bigger blower, about 30HP with long tubes and full exhaust. See 5.0 Mustang magazine, October 2009, Project Vapor Trail.

They do sound "faster". :happy feet:

If you mostly want your car to sound more aggressive you might consider removing the mufflers altogether and just running pipes out the back. That's what myself and a couple of other guys from our club did. We ordered the exhaust tips from SAI that have the SHELBY name embossed on the top of the tips and took the cars to our local exhaust shop and had them bend pipes and weld the tips to them. It costs about half as much as getting after market mufflers and sounds much better than stock. It's pretty loud when you first start the car, but it really quiets down once the engine idles down. Cruisng down the highway you really don't notice much difference, these cars have a fair amount of tire noise anyway, so the exhaust at highway speeds is virtually unnoticeable. The nice thing is the pipes are bolted in the stock location, so if for some reason you wanted the car to sound like a 6-cylinder again all you have to do is unbolt the pipes and bolt the stock mufflers back up.

If you mostly want your car to sound more aggressive you might consider removing the mufflers altogether and just running pipes out the back. That's what myself and a couple of other guys from our club did. We ordered the exhaust tips from SAI that have the SHELBY name embossed on the top of the tips and took the cars to our local exhaust shop and had them bend pipes and weld the tips to them. It costs about half as much as getting after market mufflers and sounds much better than stock. It's pretty loud when you first start the car, but it really quiets down once the engine idles down. Cruisng down the highway you really don't notice much difference, these cars have a fair amount of tire noise anyway, so the exhaust at highway speeds is virtually unnoticeable. The nice thing is the pipes are bolted in the stock location, so if for some reason you wanted the car to sound like a 6-cylinder again all you have to do is unbolt the pipes and bolt the stock mufflers back up.

Do you have any sound clips & pictures sounds interesting.

Do you have any sound clips & pictures sounds interesting.

I don't have any sound clips, not sure how to load them on the site. If a person wants to take the time you can just pull your mufflers off and start the car and get a pretty good idea of what it's gonna sound like, it just exits at the back of the rear axle rather than coming out the rear valance. I decided to try it after looking at a KR and hearing how nice it sounded. When I looked at the mufflers they were so small and looked like there wasn't much to them, I wondered how much they could actually change the sound from just running through the cats, and to me it doesn't sound that much different, just alot less expensive. It really turns some heads when you get on it, not nearly as sneaky as the stock exhaust, but stock was just too quiet for me.

hey bud, remember when you pulled away from me on the weekend?

Tomorrow will be a day of reckoning!!

KR axlebacks

Steeda 2.7 pulley and adjuster

Steeda C.A.I.

Tune

Frpp short throw shifter

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I don't have any sound clips, not sure how to load them on the site. If a person wants to take the time you can just pull your mufflers off and start the car and get a pretty good idea of what it's gonna sound like, it just exits at the back of the rear axle rather than coming out the rear valance. I decided to try it after looking at a KR and hearing how nice it sounded. When I looked at the mufflers they were so small and looked like there wasn't much to them, I wondered how much they could actually change the sound from just running through the cats, and to me it doesn't sound that much different, just alot less expensive. It really turns some heads when you get on it, not nearly as sneaky as the stock exhaust, but stock was just too quiet for me.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Archived