TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Shelby GT500 is just a Grocery Getter!

WILDTHANG

c4_1_b.JPG

I saw this pic and thought it was funny! :shift:

Hardly funny. I was just commenting to a friend the other day how Ford has been successful with its truck line up. All its trucks and SUV's share the same basic looks. Its cars on the other hand are, in a word, boring, but with the notable exception of the wildly successful Mustang. Ford should take a cue from that and build more of its cars that borrow from the Mustang.

Toyota and other brands have seen success with exciting designs. Meanwhile we're stuck with dogs like the Focus and Five Hundred.

I'll bet a car like the one pictured would do quite well.

Hardly funny. I was just commenting to a friend the other day how Ford has been successful with its truck line up. All its trucks and SUV's share the same basic looks. Its cars on the other hand are, in a word, boring, but with the notable exception of the wildly successful Mustang. Ford should take a cue from that and build more of its cars that borrow from the Mustang.

Toyota and other brands have seen success with exciting designs. Meanwhile we're stuck with dogs like the Focus and Five Hundred.

I'll bet a car like the one pictured would do quite well.

Ford has very successful cars in Europe but we get tame less exciting versions of the Focus and we have the fusion instead of the Mondeo. Both cars a cool in ST trim. An the Aussies get the kick ass Falcon. Ford could try and pull a GTO type move and bring those cars to the US but they seem to stick to boring cars for the retiring croud. Bold moves I don't think so.

Focus ST from the UK

focus-st-20050215031808052.jpg

Mondeo ST 220 from the UK

mondeo_st_220.jpg

Aussie Falcon

ford-falcon-bf-1.jpg

Archived