TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Price Justification Please

diamondback

I just noticed that the price on the 2010 GT500 has jumped close to $6000.00 msrp and I have benn trying to justify this jump but as far as I can tell only 1 thing has been ADDED as far as the drivetrain and thats the CAI? Am I missing anything? They also just retuned the suspension there is nothing new there right? Also different gears.

-2 things added: Sync and CAI = $6000.00 ??????????????????????

I just noticed that the price on the 2010 GT500 has jumped close to $6000.00 msrp and I have benn trying to justify this jump but as far as I can tell only 1 thing has been ADDED as far as the drivetrain and thats the CAI? Am I missing anything? They also just retuned the suspension there is nothing new there right? Also different gears.

-2 things added: Sync and CAI = $6000.00 ??????????????????????

Your point is well made. They did re-design the whole clutch, as well, but not to the tune of a $6K price increase. Some interior upgrades, as well but I think the bean counters got involved, which always means we take it in the shorts. They should give us a discount after that rear end design!!

And of course my local dealer already added a $5000.00 market adjustment.

Don't forget the extra Black Plastic on the rear bumper. The new actual billiard ball shifter and new pinstripe seats that are hand stitched by some kids in a sweatshop. Oh you can get sync too. You get a longer nose and bigger butt so maybe your paying for the size of the car?

Maybe the price increase is due to marketing? The press is saying that the 2010 handles better than the 2009 and thats just too hard for me to believe due to no changes have happened in the suspension just retuned and from 18" to 19" rims which would decrease peformance and handling.

The 09 base MSRP for a vert is $47,950. For a 2010 vert it's $51,225. That's a difference of $3,275. Standard now on to 2010 that were options on the 09 are Ambient lighting ($295 MSRP on 09) and Premium Interior Trim ($595 MSRP on 09). Also, the 2010 has CAI, upgraded suspension, upgraded clutch, 3.55 gears, and short throw shifter standard. $3,275 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Your point is well made. They did re-design the whole clutch, as well, but not to the tune of a $6K price increase. Some interior upgrades, as well but I think the bean counters got involved, which always means we take it in the shorts. They should give us a discount after that rear end design!!

+1 I think the car took it in the rear. :hysterical:

The 09 base MSRP for a vert is $47,950. For a 2010 vert it's $51,225. That's a difference of $3,275. Standard now on to 2010 that were options on the 09 are Ambient lighting ($295 MSRP on 09) and Premium Interior Trim ($595 MSRP on 09). Also, the 2010 has CAI, upgraded suspension, upgraded clutch, 3.55 gears, and short throw shifter standard. $3,275 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

And the suspension is basically the FRPP "HandlingPack"; not an even $$ add, but worth something...........But the dealers asking ADM's for these should be drawn and quartered, and then tarred and feathered!!!!!!!!!!

Do the 2010's have a leather dashpad?

I am pretty sure they don't. They also get a louder stock exhaust, and three optimized modes similar to the M3. So basically you get different styling, different suspension (much better), better clutch, CAI, shifter itself is different, interior is updated, alcantra on the seats and steering wheel, louder exhaust. To me its worth it unless you hate the styling. Personally I am a fan.

Roger

I am pretty sure they don't. They also get a louder stock exhaust, and three optimized modes similar to the M3. So basically you get different styling, different suspension (much better), better clutch, CAI, shifter itself is different, interior is updated, alcantra on the seats and steering wheel, louder exhaust. To me its worth it unless you hate the styling. Personally I am a fan.

Roger

All done and said, you're right - they are a better car from the getgo.

No worries - the prices will come down if you give them a few years. Hell, you can find an '07 500 now for $40k!

They should give us a discount after that rear end design!!

My feelings exactly. You have to wonder if the team that designed the rear ever saw a Mustang from the '60's. I like the front end, love the hip just behind the doors; but than get to the back and say Ugh! What were they thinking. I can't get past it.

All done and said, you're right - they are a better car from the getgo.

No worries - the prices will come down if you give them a few years. Hell, you can find an '07 500 now for $40k!

Hell, I'll sell you my '08 Vapor Vert for less than that.

My feelings exactly. You have to wonder if the team that designed the rear ever saw a Mustang from the '60's. I like the front end, love the hip just behind the doors; but than get to the back and say Ugh! What were they thinking. I can't get past it.

It is like they worked from the front, then to the sides, and when they got to the back none of the lines fell in the right place, and they said, just cut that stuff off in about 5 or 6 diffrent cut angles and throw in some old school 928 or Supra butt, and call it a day....

Then when the prototype hit the shop and they saw that the trunk lid looks like somebody tried to pry it open, because the tail lights and trunk lid don't match up, they called the designers, and they said, "too bad, the tailights are already in production, and the trunklid, too. Let's just say we meant it to look that way....

The 2010's can be had for high $40's and they are just hitting the showroom floor. That's not bad compared to when the 07's came out being marked up to $60k.

BTW, an 07 can be had for $35k. And that is a nicer one too, not some shit box that ws wrecked and fixed or high miles and not cared for, those are even less.

Archived