TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Custom Order and Odometer reading on delivery?

SmellSoGood

Hi,

Two quick question to those who ordered their cars from the dealer after waiting several months. When you received your car from the dealer, what was the odometer reading - how many miles?

Second, what is the average amount of miles on the car when it leaves the plant?

I'm trying to gauge how many miles are driven between the time the dealer receives the car from convoy/rail and the time I pick up the car after the dealer does the inspection.

Thanks.

Wife lost her job? Isn't there some law that allows a refund after 24 hours? You didn't even take possession yet. Look it up or maybe an expert here can explain. I'll ask the experts at Audiworld.

Trying to hold out, it is due in 9-2 now. In fact it is at rail yard about 10 miles from my house.

But she has some good leads. Will know more by end of this week/ early next week. May still be able to pick it up. Working all angles at the moment. And yes I can get out of the deal if I have to. No issues there.

Hi,

Two quick question to those who ordered their cars from the dealer after waiting several months. When you received your car from the dealer, what was the odometer reading - how many miles?

Second, what is the average amount of miles on the car when it leaves the plant?

I'm trying to gauge how many miles are driven between the time the dealer receives the car from convoy/rail and the time I pick up the car after the dealer does the inspection.

Thanks.

SSG mine had 5 miles on it and the SC activated at around 15 miles.

Hi,

Thanks.

Mine had 38 miles on it when it arrived at the dealer. The dealer added .3 mile to get it gassed up. They thought the factory did some QC test checks on it. It was at the plant about 1.5 months after assembly. The SC was not activated when I received it. It is perfect and I love it!

Mine had 38 miles on it when it arrived at the dealer. The dealer added .3 mile to get it gassed up. They thought the factory did some QC test checks on it. It was at the plant about 1.5 months after assembly. The SC was not activated when I received it. It is perfect and I love it!

Mine had 4 miles and we PDI it left dealership with 14 miles.

I had an early delivery too. It had a sticker from Ford factory stating "your vehicle was selected for quality testing blah blah... 27 mi were put on your car" So, I had 27 miles at delivery. I don't know if SC was activated or not. I think it was not because the boost gauge didn't move on the way home..not sure though 'cause I didn't give it much gas. I only have 350mi on it now.

Mine had 3 miles on it and the supercharger did not activate until I drove it home. I thought something was SERIOUSLY wrong with the car cuz I was gunning it and I was being passed by a school bus... :headscratch: Then it kicked in and I knew everything was OK. I later read about how the car would be electronically limited for the first 5 miles. It was a relief to know that there was nothing wrong the car...

Hey justindewoody ,

Mine had almost 8 miles on it and I too had mine delivered without any blower action at all. I thought for sure that my car had some serious issues! I drove straight back to my dealership for I to was being passed by Pinto's and Mini Van's! I thought FOR SURE my car had a problem because I did not think it was possible to " de-activate a blower " for delivery. Thank God an alert mechanic saw a memo on his computer that said you have to drive 5 continious miles to activate the thing. Still sceptical, I drove off and you should have seen the smile on my face when the blower came to life! You see my brother got his '10 Shelby in first and he drove straight to my house from the dealership, maybe 1 1/2 miles and his blower was working just fine. Also I had never heard of this and I still don't understand how it works! Drive safe, denohew

Ok I can now actually add some info besides picking on you high milage pickup guys....lol

Arrived at dealer 9-4-09, I picked it up 9-10-09 with 17.4mi and no SC activation......Yeah I know...Weird. I thought for sure it would be blowin' with 17 mi on it. But my sales guy did as I requested. Did the very basic PDI, and did not even drive it to get gas. He told me he never left the parking lot.

Archived