TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Ford Ranchero is back!

diamondback

The Ford Ranchero is back with our engine minus the blower. :hysterical:

Check it out...

http://www.fpv.com.au/fpv-range/super-pursuit/overview.aspx

You will actually find that the 5.4 was "redeveoped" here in Australia and used in the utes and sedans. It has proved to be very successful for Ford here and really is a nice unit.

Holden (Local GM) is also quite competitive in thas area and there has been talk of exporting the Holden ute to Nth America, initially as a Pontiac, but I guess that wont be happening now. I wonder if Ford will import this unit to Nth America? I believe it would be an absolute winner.

Hi Guys

These Ford Falcon Utes are a big seller here in New Zealand as well. They are exported into NZ from Australia and have a large following amongst the Ford fans. They are also very easily upgraded to some serious horsepower even without a SC. Cheers Ken

This is indeed a very cool vehicle, although I guess Ford would not go to the expense of importing what is essentially a niche market product, at least here in North America, where enthusiasts like us may like this type of vehicle but not necessarily the average buying public. GM indeed was considering selling the pickup version of the G8 sedan at one point but changed its mind shortly thereafter.

Why is it that Ford debuts these cool cars in Australia and then we NEVER see them here in the U.S.??????

US safety standards, EPA standards, CAFE standards, union agreements and probably a ton of other reasons that have nothing to do with giving the customer what they want.

You will actually find that the 5.4 was "redeveoped" here in Australia and used in the utes and sedans. It has proved to be very successful for Ford here and really is a nice unit.

Holden (Local GM) is also quite competitive in thas area and there has been talk of exporting the Holden ute to Nth America, initially as a Pontiac, but I guess that wont be happening now. I wonder if Ford will import this unit to Nth America? I believe it would be an absolute winner.

redesigned you say? Would it happen to be an aluminum block the same one designated to go into tie gt500 next year.

Archived