TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHR Trunk Release

Has anyone bought and installed this remote trunk release from Silver Horse Racing yet ?

web.jpg

ii_196.jpeg

I believe it goes in the glove compartment and they say all wiring stays up front.

I can't find the directions but for only $29.00 I think I may pull the trigger

Found this write up on a Mustang Forum looks pretty straight forward

Take Care

Andrew

I've only wished I had one three times in 2 years, however, this is a mod I'm going to get!!!

edit - I ordered one!

I have often wondered why there isn't one but then I remember I can push the little blue button on the remote hanging from the ignition. Which has always struck me as odd that it opens the trunk when the ignition is on. It has been my experience that remote trunk openers are disabled when the ignition is on.

I have often wondered why there isn't one but then I remember I can push the little blue button on the remote hanging from the ignition. Which has always struck me as odd that it opens the trunk when the ignition is on. It has been my experience that remote trunk openers are disabled when the ignition is on.

See how much that helps if you lock your keys in your trunk. :banghead:

Lucky for me I did it in my driveway and had the other set in the house.

Every car should have a Trunk release button in my opinion.

If you ever lock your keys in the trunk, and I have twice (damn fool), you can just pull the rear seat down, they do fold down yeah know, and reach inside.

Saved my dumb @$$!

But I do like this better!

:-)

If you ever lock your keys in the trunk, and I have twice (damn fool), you can just pull the rear seat down, they do fold down yeah know, and reach inside.

Saved my dumb @$$!

But I do like this better!

:-)

I have never folded mine down, great point. I assumed they were like my other cars where the seats locked as well, guess not.

If someone gets this please post a "How To" for the install

You can alway's drop the back seat to get the keys that are in the trunk unless you did the seat delete oop's. Or you can pick up a ugly chick and she be more than happy to ride in the trunk :happy feet: :hysterical:

My guess is the bean counters.... $3.00 per car times how many cars ???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived