TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Initial Quality Survey 2010 GT50

War Eagle

Initial Quality Survey  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the fit of hood, bumpers and trim.

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
  2. 2. Rate the overall paint job on your car

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
  3. 3. How significant a problem is the underside rust issue to you.

• Greatly dissatisfied
    • Somewhat dissatisfied
    • Not and issue with me
  4. 4. Have you experienced any mechanical issues with your car.

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Performance wise has your car met or exceeded your expectations

• Exceeded my expectations
    • Met my expectations
    • Below my expectations
  6. 6. Rate the quality and appearance of the car interior

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
  7. 7. How happy are you with the Supercharger muffler

• Very pleased
    • Don't care
    • Unhappy, put it back the way it was
  8. 8. How do you feel about the new 2010 exhaust system

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
  9. 9. Overall please rate your satisfaction with your car, with 10 being the best rating.

• 4 or below

Most of us will be receiving one of those surveys where we will get a chance to rate our new GT500. here is your chance to get an early start.

Ralph Arning wanted me to call him back after I got my car and give him some feedback and I am going to let him know about the minor problems with the car as well as how great the car is. The 2010 even with the minor problems is a substantial improvement over the previous years.

Steve

Great post War Eagle. Thanks for this. I really enjoy filling out surveys like these.

Overall I gave the car a "10" rating.

I really am only disappointed in one aspect of the car and that is the Shaker500 system. I thought it would be at least equal, if not greater than my Mach460 system in my previous car. I know I've stated in the past that the Shaker500 was plenty loud..but after living with it for a while - I've found the sound quality and loudness really lacking. It sounds nowhere near as good as the old Mach460 system.

Maybe sometime in the future I'll swap a Shaker1000 system into it. I'm sure you'll be able to find them on ebay or something down the road. I think all components of the system need to be replaced if this swap was made. Maybe someone can chime in on that?

Great post War Eagle. Thanks for this. I really enjoy filling out surveys like these.

Overall I gave the car a "10" rating.

I really am only disappointed in one aspect of the car and that is the Shaker500 system. I thought it would be at least equal, if not greater than my Mach460 system in my previous car. I know I've stated in the past that the Shaker500 was plenty loud..but after living with it for a while - I've found the sound quality and loudness really lacking. It sounds nowhere near as good as the old Mach460 system.

Maybe sometime in the future I'll swap a Shaker1000 system into it. I'm sure you'll be able to find them on ebay or something down the road. I think all components of the system need to be replaced if this swap was made. Maybe someone can chime in on that?

BB, I agree with you 100% on the Shaker 500. It is loud enough but the sound quality is not very good.

Steve

Good poll. Overall I'm very happy with my car. I had a small area of paint on my door that was not right, but otherwise I'm very pleased.

I gave the car an overall "9". I only had the one paint flaw on the right front bumper, the mismatched AC vent, the underside rust, the hood fits poorly, the rear bumper is flush on the right side but protrudes on the left side from 1/16 to 1/8 inch in some places.

The car is a "10" where it counts, in performance and engineering. It is a far better car than my 2009 and I think it is worth what I paid for it, $46,600.

Steve

BB, I agree with you 100% on the Shaker 500. It is loud enough but the sound quality is not very good.

Steve

Hi War Eagle.

Yeah...While we're both no longer young teenagers bent on playing loud music to drive our parents crazy...I still need some quality tunes to listen to and occasionally when the mood strikes me - I want to be able to crank it up to relieve some stress or something! :rockon:

I really hate to sound like I'm complaining...but the speakers sound really cheap the more I listen to them. I think you're right...it might not so much be a "loudness" problem as it is more a quality issue. The sound really is flat.

I gave it a 10 overall. My issues:

Passenger seat cushion assembled carelessly.

Air filter neck is ripping by the worm clamp, Ford tightened it too much.

Defective fuel pump from the factory.

Rear edge of front bumper cover where it meets hood painted sloppy. Drip and tape lines.

Hood misaligned.

Paint stripe bubbles. Some can't be smoothed/popped out because there is clearly dirt underneath them which caused the bubble.

Sounds like I am bitching a lot but I'm not really. I just notice stuff quick and thought I'd share. I love the car.

My only real issue is a slight hood malalignment. Otherwise met or exceeded my expectations.

+1 for me too. Very happy with the car, I know we all would like everything to be absolutely perfect with our cars, including me, but nothing and no one is pefect. Could you imagine if we looked in the mirror at ourselves, I could find some flaws that need to be fixed. Just don't let the wife stand next to you, she might find a few more. :doh:

Some of you guys are old enough to remember how bad some of your new cars were back in the sixties, seventies and early eighties.

I bought a brand new MGB in 1971 and thought it was the best car I had ever owned. I loved that car with a passion but it was a pile of junk and I can see that now.

1. It had a random electrical problem that would appear with no warning and the car would suddenly die and roll to a stop.

2. The ignition key was screwed up and would sometimes lock up so you could not turn it and start the car. This usually happened when you stopped for gas and then could not restart to leave.

3. It had a defective wheel that would slowly let the air out of the tire.

4. When it rained the water would cascde down the inside of the windshield as the top fit so poorly. The wipers were installed on the outside only.

5. I went out of town with it once and a fuel line came loose and popped off, that was exciting.

6. One headlight had a short in the wiring that would cause it to go off and on when you went over bumps and rough spots in the road.

I clearly remember the owners manual telling me that it was extremely imortant to put extra coats of wax on the doors of the car to protect from "parking damage". :D

Dam I loved that car..................... I would rate it a 9.5 overall. :shift:

Steve

+1 for me too. Very happy with the car, I know we all would like everything to be absolutely perfect with our cars, including me, but nothing and no one is pefect. Could you imagine if we looked in the mirror at ourselves, I could find some flaws that need to be fixed. Just don't let the wife stand next to you, she might find a few more. :doh:

AMEN!!

My wife and I are celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary today. I really hope she never figures out that she could do a lot better than me. :)

Steve

Here goes,

I gave a 9 out of 10 because although my car is perfect so far from a quality perspective and an absolute storm to own and drive, I found myself a bit dissapointed in the following for a 50K car:

1. There is no-where to put my sunglasses.

2. I have to carry a cheesy garage door opener with me whenever I go out (no homelink).

3. Seat backrest adjust lever is awkward and difficult to use (I would much rather prefer a rotating knob or all electric).

4. Frt rims poorly protected by tire.

Overall though, the car is Fracking Awesome !!

Here goes,

I gave a 9 out of 10 because although my car is perfect so far from a quality perspective and an absolute storm to own and drive, I found myself a bit dissapointed in the following for a 50K car:

1. There is no-where to put my sunglasses.

2. I have to carry a cheesy garage door opener with me whenever I go out (no homelink).

3. Seat backrest adjust lever is awkward and difficult to use (I would much rather prefer a rotating knob or all electric).

4. Frt rims poorly protected by tire.

Overall though, the car is Fracking Awesome !!

And this year no heated seats, I was surprised. Home link would have been great too, I hate carrying a garage door opener. :doh:

I keep finding more and more wrong with my car, I am so disappointed and totally stressed out now.

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

I have also had a bad fuel pump when new, and what sounds like piston slap. I really got screwed on this one, none of you guys are having these issues. I don't know what to do. Car will hit the dealer on Tuesday but this is totally unacceptable to me to have a brand new car have this many problems. Quality is Job 1 was NOT the Company Motto on the day my car was built.

The Owner of Drew Ford where I bought it called me just now. He offered to unwind the entire deal. I asked if Ford would just replace the car and he said he could try but he does not have any further allocations and he felt the best he could do would be to get me into a 2011. They have a White with Grabber stripes that he offered to me but I do not want that. I want Kona Blue/White Stripes with the Electronics Package.

Can anyone help me locate a car like mine?

The Owner of Drew Ford where I bought it called me just now. He offered to unwind the entire deal. I asked if Ford would just replace the car and he said he could try but he does not have any further allocations and he felt the best he could do would be to get me into a 2011. They have a White with Grabber stripes that he offered to me but I do not want that. I want Kona Blue/White Stripes with the Electronics Package.

Holy Crap..........I can't believe they would actually let that car anywhere out in the public. I'd be on the phone myself, in addition to the dealer, with Ford about this. At the very minimum the Regional Rep should be taking care of this ASAP. I had one of the "tickers".....my Tru-Blue '01 Cobra with one of the infamous ticking engines. Even though it was brand new, they told me "my" car needed a new engine......I told them it was "their" car...and didn't budge for a second. I personally made them know how pissed off I was.....everyday! Needless to say, in about 2 weeks I was given a brand new Mineral Grey Cobra with 0% financing.

Continued here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47929

The other GT500 at the dealer has 80% of the same issues my car has. This appears to be a Ford issue, not unique to my car issues...

What are the odds this same dealer, who is an incredibly well liked and high rated dealer, has two cars with the SAME quality issues show up?

I gave it a 10 overall. My issues:

Passenger seat cushion assembled carelessly.

Air filter neck is ripping by the worm clamp, Ford tightened it too much.

Defective fuel pump from the factory.

Rear edge of front bumper cover where it meets hood painted sloppy. Drip and tape lines.

Hood misaligned.

Paint stripe bubbles. Some can't be smoothed/popped out because there is clearly dirt underneath them which caused the bubble.

Sounds like I am bitching a lot but I'm not really. I just notice stuff quick and thought I'd share. I love the car.

How can you rate this car a 10 with all your problems? That shits a 5 in my parish.

The problem with bad paint at the fender/bumper joint is very coomon on the 2010, it just varies by degree how bad it is. When I first observed the problem on mine it looked like a piece of paper or plastic was stuck in the joint (line) between the fender and the bumper and was painted over. There was also a small blister in the area. It turns out that the "trash" you see in the jont line is actually the very thin film of paint that did not bond to the bumper and was rubbed off when the parts were assembled.

It looks like there are several problems with this area.

1. The bumper is not fully painted especailly on the top back edge

2. the paint did not bond well in this area

3. They are damaging the part during assembly

I have touched mine up but worry that the paint adhesion in the damaged area is not good and will eventually fail and the bare sopt will be larger.

Ford needs to issue a service bulletin on the problem because I believe it is on most of the cars to some degree.

This is my only major complaint with the car. The minor complaints are the design of the hood that will not allow it to fit perfectly and my mismatched air vent.

Even with these problems I would still rate the car a "9" overall.

Steve

Man, with these issues it seems Quality is not Job 1 over at Ford at the moment. Probably the UAW workers are pissed they had to take a pay cut to keep their jobs. What better then to slack off building new cars. That will keep American's buying them! :headscratch:

ChrisSD, I feel terrible for you. You buy something like this, you want it right and to feel good about it. And this is totally not going that way.

I would demand a new car from Ford and the dealer because even if they fix all of this you probably are not going to feel right with the car. This is there problem not yours.

Ford and the dealer then can search across their network all the cars going out and find one that lines up close to what you want and make the switch.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mean you can already order 2011's ?

Archived