TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mis Matched AC vent Trim Rings

War Eagle

I noticed that the AC vent trim rings do not match in my car. My 2009 had all vents in a brushed finish. On my 2010 the right passenger vent is chrome and the drivers side is a flat brushed finish. Anyone else have this problem in their car. The center vent appears to be brushed as are the instrument trim rings. I hate chrome on an instrument panel. :D

Steve

Yeah, based on the pictures below, it appears that someone screwed up at the factory and installed a Mustang GT vent ring on your passinger side vent.

2010 GT500 Dashboard 1:

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/multimedi...ockpit_view.jpg

2010 GT500 Dashboard 2:

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/multimedi...terior_view.jpg

2010 Mustang GT Dashboard 1:

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/18883308+...er_interior.jpg

2010 Mustang GT Dashboard 2:

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/18343102+...de_interior.jpg

Not the greatest images, but you can see the differences between the two rings.

Yeah, based on the pictures below, it appears that someone screwed up at the factory and installed a Mustang GT vent ring on your passinger side vent.

Wow, thanks for the info, it does look like a factory assembly error. I wonder if this makes the car worth twice as much, sort of like a coin stamping error from the US mint. This may be as significant as a two headed Buffalo on an old nickel. :o :idea:

Steve

I noticed that the AC vent trim rings do not match in my car. My 2009 had all vents in a brushed finish. On my 2010 the right passenger vent is chrome and the drivers side is a flat brushed finish. Anyone else have this problem in their car. The center vent appears to be brushed as are the instrument trim rings. I hate chrome on an instrument panel. :D

Steve

I had a Contour SVT that had the entire right front brake assembly from a regular contour. Different rotor and caliper on one side than the other. They don't try real had at Ford factories....

That's something else War Eagle. I don't know if I would have caught that on mine..at least for several years perhaps. I would have never thought to compare them.

I suppose the dealer can just get another one for you. Hopefully it's a simple process to swap them. I had to check mine after seeing your post and mine both match.

That's something else War Eagle. I don't know if I would have caught that on mine..at least for several years perhaps. I would have never thought to compare them.

I suppose the dealer can just get another one for you. Hopefully it's a simple process to swap them. I had to check mine after seeing your post and mine both match.

The only reason I noticed it was I kept getting glare off of it in the bright sunshine. The brushed ones in my 2009 never produced any glare.

Steve

Steve

This was done to prevent build delay due to "material hold". <_<

The only reason I noticed it was I kept getting glare off of it in the bright sunshine. The brushed ones in my 2009 never produced any glare.

Steve

Ah...I see.

Burning Blue,

Are we supposed to have a five speed or six speed?

Steve

:D You got me on that one...

I was told by my knowledgeable salesman that an automatic was the only transmission choice for the Shelby GT500 - it goes with the whole "luxury" feeling of the car. It's nice not having to shift gears in my car.

:hysterical:

Archived