TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Instrument Trim Rings....Night Vision problem

War Eagle

I drove my car last night for the first time and noticed a major problem with reflected glare on the windshield from the brushed metal finish, instrument trim rings. Even with the panel lights dimmed the reflected glare is bad.

The trim rings really need to have a flat finish on them, or the dash pad extended to cover more. It is hard for me to understand how Ford could let that slip past the design stage. I may try to pull mine and paint them satin black. I think the glare is coming from the new instrument halo effect, I did not have this problem on my 2009.

Steve

I drove my car last night for the first time and noticed a major problem with reflected glare on the windshield from the brushed metal finish, instrument trim rings. Even with the panel lights dimmed the reflected glare is bad.

The trim rings really need to have a flat finish on them, or the dash pad extended to cover more. It is hard for me to understand how Ford could let that slip past the design stage. I may try to pull mine and paint them satin black. I think the glare is coming from the new instrument halo effect, I did not have this problem on my 2009.

Steve

Can the glare been seen in a photograph?

Can the glare been seen in a photograph?

I will try this evening and take a couple of shots. Very few things really annoy me but this sure did last night. I would hate to drive for several hours at night with that glare obstructing my vision down the road.

Aircraft and car cockpits should be designed for functionality and ease of pilot/driver use. Sports cars should be designed from a drivers point of view not a photographers. It is OK to add bling but not at the expense of a good driveable instrument cluster.

Steve

I will try this evening and take a couple of shots. Very few things really annoy me but this sure did last night. I would hate to drive for several hours at night with that glare obstucting my vision down the road.

Aircraft and car cockpits should be designed for functionality and ease of pilot/driver use. Sports cars should be designed from a drivers point of view not a photographers. It is OK to add bling but not at the expense of a good driveable instrument cluster.

Steve

Go into your setup button and go to your halo option and turn it off and you will not have that glare on your windshield.

Jim

Go into your setup button and go to your halo option and turn it off and you will not have that glare on your windshield.

Jim

Thanks Jim, but I am going to buy a second set of trim rings and paint them a satin black.

Also have any of you noticed that the circular trim ring around the passenger AC vent is chrome while the one on the drivers side has a brushed finish? That chrome piece will glare once in awhile when driving in the bright Florida sunshine. :D

I guess you can tell I really have a strong dislike for chrome, reflections and glare on an instrument panel, I guess it is the pilot in me.

Steve

Steve, there appears to be an assembly error on your car...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=791093

Steve, there appears to be an assembly error on your car...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=791093

That's not the problem, it is the halo lights. Before I got my '10, I had rented a couple of '10 V6's, and at night it was the same problem. I have just turned off my halo lights, problem solved.

Archived