TEAM SHELBY FORUM

photos of my ebony/tungsten shelby

kincobra

Nice pics KinCobra! :happy feet: I thought the 'ULTIMATE package' was known to be Red/White stripes? :hysterical2:

all the colours are nice as long as it is planted on a shelby gt500 :hysterical: can't wait to see everyone in the spring time.cheers!!!!!!!!!! :party: for now car will sleep all clean and shiny!!!! :boring:

I too like the colors kin. I myself pondered the tungsten stripes on black, they lood darn good. :hyper: How do you like them versus no stripes?

:stop: the stripes i think are much better than no stripes,with tungsten depending on the angle you look at the car sometimes the stripes blend in with the black but when the sun is shining the stripes look beautifull.at night my car looks all black,you would have to look real hard to see them.so you have the best of both worlds in ebony with tungsten stripe.i would recomend getting the stripes as you might get board of just the solid colour in the future also racing stripes are always the crowds favourate just look at the past.a 1967 sheby without stripes,not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps you decide.

Very tue bout the old school ones. Ya most people dont get that the car is a GT500 until either they get real close, or they ask me personally, or i take off down the road and leave them in the dust :banvictory: . But it also keeps the big *bullzeye* off my back when it comes to the police :hyper: . I just really want to see an ebony with tungsten in person before i make up my mind. The photos look really good but i know that can vary in person cause the pictures dont do the solid black any justice. Maybe the ebony/tungsten will look even better in person!... is that even possible?

• 3 weeks later...

Very tue bout the old school ones. Ya most people dont get that the car is a GT500 until either they get real close, or they ask me personally, or i take off down the road and leave them in the dust :banvictory: . But it also keeps the big *bullzeye* off my back when it comes to the police :hyper: . I just really want to see an ebony with tungsten in person before i make up my mind. The photos look really good but i know that can vary in person cause the pictures dont do the solid black any justice. Maybe the ebony/tungsten will look even better in person!... is that even possible?

Believe me it is possible. I went into a local dealer that has an ebony vert with tungsten side stripes and had thought I was wanting alloy with stripe delete. When i saw this car I had my mind made up for me. I couldn't work out a deal on that one as the dealer was trying to make up the 20K adm by shafting me on my trade but I knew what i wanted. I found one in OH on e-bay and we made a deal on a Wed. night via e-mail pics of my trade (2005 V6 windevil blue vert). I picked it up on 12/16 and love it. I am not a big fan of the red inserts so i got all black seats too and am slowly adding some more of the brushed aluminup inside to lighten it up a bit. I'm certain when you see one of these in black you will dig it....I like the tungsten strpes better than white as I think it looks a little richer that way on the hard top. The vert I still like stripe delete but the Tungsten is dark enough that it doesn't stand out but still shows that the car is a GT500 if you look close (and for some reason didn't know it before hand).

Here's a few pics of mine.

post-3980-1167318221_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1167318255_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1167318296_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1167318221_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1167318255_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1167318296_thumb.jpg

Believe me it is possible. I went into a local dealer that has an ebony vert with tungsten side stripes and had thought I was wanting alloy with stripe delete. When i saw this car I had my mind made up for me. I couldn't work out a deal on that one as the dealer was trying to make up the 20K adm by shafting me on my trade but I knew what i wanted. I found one in OH on e-bay and we made a deal on a Wed. night via e-mail pics of my trade (2005 V6 windevil blue vert). I picked it up on 12/16 and love it. I am not a big fan of the red inserts so i got all black seats too and am slowly adding some more of the brushed aluminup inside to lighten it up a bit. I'm certain when you see one of these in black you will dig it....I like the tungsten strpes better than white as I think it looks a little richer that way on the hard top. The vert I still like stripe delete but the Tungsten is dark enough that it doesn't stand out but still shows that the car is a GT500 if you look close (and for some reason didn't know it before hand).

Here's a few pics of mine.

:hyper: congrats iceman,your car looks awsome.enjoy it,it shure is fun to drive.i am real happy with mine. really love the black with tungsten stripes.sometimes depending on the angle and lighting or time of day that i look at the car it looks as if i have a black car.you have too really look closely to see the stripes or be out in the bright sun to see the tungsten stripes.very cool and mysterious!!!!!!! :shift::speedie:

Welcome to the ebony club!

I am very happy with my ebony / tungsten coupe with the red interior upgrade. Adding 20 inch black rims and a Magnaflow exhaust has completed the "best" combo IMO. Saw a black vert at the dealer yesterday and it just looks so plain - definately no comparison to mine! Enjoy it!!

I am very happy with my ebony / tungsten coupe with the red interior upgrade. Adding 20 inch black rims and a Magnaflow exhaust has completed the "best" combo IMO. Saw a black vert at the dealer yesterday and it just looks so plain - definately no comparison to mine! Enjoy it!!

Do you have a sound clip of the Magnaflow exhaust? Is it just axle backs or more? Do they make a setup specifically for the 5.4L? I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Dave

Does anyone else ever see an ebony gt500 on the road around where u live... let alone any other gt500s... ever since ive had the car ive only seen one GT/CS and not gt 500s which i find suprising for around here.

:stop: come spring all the cars in storage over the winter will come out to play.so you should spot some,i will definetly be driving mine a lot,i just put my car under fire and theft so i am done till spring,i am very lucky--i got my car december 9 and put 300 k's on it up to xmas time.for now keep that girl clean and let it sleep :boring: in the garage,the salt dust is now all over the roads.happy new year str8black500 and all the other members!!!!!!!!! see ya on the road in 2007. :beerchug:

:stop: come spring all the cars in storage over the winter will come out to play.so you should spot some,i will definetly be driving mine a lot,i just put my car under fire and theft so i am done till spring,i am very lucky--i got my car december 9 and put 300 k's on it up to xmas time.for now keep that girl clean and let it sleep :boring: in the garage,the salt dust is now all over the roads.happy new year str8black500 and all the other members!!!!!!!!! see ya on the road in 2007. :beerchug:

The Magnaflow system I have is the 3 inch cat back #16674. The sound is very much like what you can hear on their web site for the GT Mustang. Very deep, throaty rumble. Not brassy, more mellow. Only problem is droning at 2000 rpm esp going uphill.

:banana piano: the ultimate package----ebony black with tungsten stripe and red black interior.enjoy my photos of the kincobra. :drop:

It's great that you received your car , great color combo ..and the red inserts sure look great , they finish the interior off very nicely......Ebony Black and Tungsten are the first colors of the mustang......and on the Shelby are the fastest..........enjoy your car and the holidays.....

Haha, i dunna if ill see your on the road... it would be quite a drive for me to get up to canadian lands!!...

This winter has been a big tease for me... between 30-50 farenheit and whenever it spikes to 60 randomly im working that entire day :finger: . Ya, mine is in the garage for the winter too, but she will come out for a little run if there is a random warm day :hyper: .

Haha, i dunna if ill see your on the road... it would be quite a drive for me to get up to canadian lands!!...

This winter has been a big tease for me... between 30-50 farenheit and whenever it spikes to 60 randomly im working that entire day :finger: . Ya, mine is in the garage for the winter too, but she will come out for a little run if there is a random warm day :hyper: .

:doh: holy cow your in virginia.no kidding you will get more rides in than me this winter,should have looked at your posting a little closer.i thought you where from around here.just the same to all my american friends--happy new year in 2007 with your tire shreading cobra. :ohsnap:

It's great that you received your car , great color combo ..and the red inserts sure look great , they finish the interior off very nicely......Ebony Black and Tungsten are the first colors of the mustang......and on the Shelby are the fastest..........enjoy your car and the holidays.....

:headspin: all the best to you too,ebonysgt500 i agre with you about the colour choice,it shure looks mean and nasty.happy new year with your shelby out west.cheers :beerchug:

• 2 months later...

Archived