TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another 40th on eBay

its a tough day to have to sell your car. I sold my shelby about 4 mths ago.

Very hard to do .. but as miracles happen everyday ... the guy called me back a mth ago .. had never titled the car in his name .. needed money .. asked me to buy it back ... and did.He deducted the sales tax ... and since I already legally owned the per the State of Florida ... Just flew up and ... slapped my old plate on it and drove it home.

When you have such a prized possesion as a GT500 or greater .. a 40th aniversary ... or SS .. this is more than a car .. its an extension of who we are .. at least for most. Its its a labor of love for most

I feel for the gentleman having to sell .. dont know why he is but all I can say happy to have my car back in its stable

Don,

I'm glad you got your car back. Sweet.

How many miles did the guy put on it.

Did you sell all your mods first?

rob

Im happy too ... kept it low profile when i sold it .. and doing the same .. didnt announce that I bought it back with big to do.

Sold it with 23700 miles .... picked it up with 24.800 and its 600 miles to Pensacola from tampa ... so he only drove for about 200 miles over 3 mths. I kept checking our DMV data base and everytime I checked .. it showed still as me as the legal owner .. that was beginning to bother me.

I did sell all my go fast stuff .. but thanks to Joker and bonedoc on the list ... have almost all my stuff back.

Got my LCA's ready to go back on ... at a fraction of the cost. Wife told me to sell my every day truck .. my 02 Lariet.

Which would i rather drive every day ... hmmmm ... this is a toughy ...... 114000 mile truck or shelby ... truck or shelby .. thats a no brainer

Thanks rob

I feel for the gentleman having to sell .. dont know why he is but all I can say happy to have my car back in its stable

Don,

Like you I feel for the guy, but I am tickled pink that you have your original car back. How the worm turns sometimes.

Don,

don

Like you I feel for the guy, but I am tickled pink that you have your original car back. How the worm turns sometimes.

Thankyou !! .... I told brad with or without .. I would help him with the 2010 show ... seems like it will be"with"

Thanks for the nice words

• 1 month later...

Archived