TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another 40th on eBay

Beautiful car. I am fairly sure there have been more that 248 built, however, and I think we are over the 300 marks as well. Oh well to bad someone has to sell. Love that red with the silver wheels. That licenses plate looks familiar. :headscratch: Anyone on Team Shelby?

Forgive my ignorance, but were there any supercharger upgrades. I know you could get the 650 or 725, but those were optional correct?

Hey mach1fever, many of the Super Snake options are available with the 40th package including the SC upgrades of 605HP (TVS) or 725HP (Kenny Bell). Note the 725 is coupe only. You can also upgrade the brakes, cooling package, interior, shifter, rear-end gears and audio system.

in 20 or 30 years, we will get at least what we spent on these money pits back.

Maybe. It most likely will depend on how deep the pit is as well as a whole host of variables that we don't even know what they are at this point. The stand alone 40th Anniversary car may not have a problem in capturing it's original value due to the great price value of the original package. The rest, who knows.

It is the other $40,000 in "official Shelby registry" stuff that will be the legacy of Grandpa's Shelby Mustang (the actual car) being passed down from generation to generation with no real thought for the market value. I know the history of the Shelby Brand. I know and have participated in the debate on the merits of these car's (all new Shelby post title mods) appreciating and seeing the 1,000% increases in value and my belief is that isn't going to happen. I've seen the charts and graphs of previous Shelby products. It still doesn't sway my opinion.

Thus, my somewhat selfish mean spirited attitude to modify the hell out of my car, drive it aggressively (on the track) and around town in clear weather, and enjoy it now.

I'll let my future generations be angry at Gramps for blowing their inheritance with his reckless abandonment of sepending money with today's dollars that could have been spent on sound prudent investments that actually would have yielded tens of thousands of inheritance capital gains versus having an old car. Sort of like the rest of the future of our kids and grandkids with the 9 trillion dollar debt that they will have to pay back. They will be angry at that as well.

Maybe. It most likely will depend on how deep the pit is as well as a whole host of variables that we don't even know what they are at this point. The stand alone 40th Anniversary car may not have a problem in capturing it's original value due to the great price value of the original package. The rest, who knows.

It is the other $40,000 in "official Shelby registry" stuff that will be the legacy of Grandpa's Shelby Mustang (the actual car) being passed down from generation to generation with no real thought for the market value. I know the history of the Shelby Brand. I know and have participated in the debate on the merits of these car's (all new Shelby post title mods) appreciating and seeing the 1,000% increases in value and my belief is that isn't going to happen. I've seen the charts and graphs of previous Shelby products. It still doesn't sway my opinion.

Thus, my somewhat selfish mean spirited attitude to modify the hell out of my car, drive it aggressively (on the track) and around town in clear weather, and enjoy it now.

I'll let my future generations be angry at Gramps for blowing their inheritance with his reckless abandonment of sepending money with today's dollars that could have been spent on sound prudent investments that actually would have yielded tens of thousands of inheritance capital gains versus having an old car. Sort of like the rest of the future of our kids and grandkids with the 9 trillion dollar debt that they will have to pay back. They will be angry at that as well.

Hey cobrafan I can't see the bottom of my pit! Is that bad? :hysterical::doh:

:hysterical: Note I didn't use the term "investment".

It's probably better if you don't need the money for the future. The funny thing is that my investment manager is a car guy. He usually wants to discuss what I am doing with my money if it doesn't involve making more money. Except when it comes to car mods. He's all for the mods and even suggests other things to do to the car. He is no help with spending on this "hobby"! :spend: It would be cool to live long enough to see the car worth something. I do know that everytime I drive it I feel great and that might extend my life. So I just plan on driving it, enjoying it and maybe do some more mods. Got any ideas before I call my investment manager? :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical: Sorry kids...

Our day will arrive, just taking a little longer due to certain events. Went through the same thing with an 05 Ford GT, but it never went below MSRP because Ford kept their word on a two year production. Just my opinion, but I would drive the heck out of a GT500 but keep a 40TH or any car with a CSM# all covered up in storage. :hide:

Hey mach1fever, many of the Super Snake options are available with the 40th package including the SC upgrades of 605HP (TVS) or 725HP (Kenny Bell). Note the 725 is coupe only. You can also upgrade the brakes, cooling package, interior, shifter, rear-end gears and audio system.

Thanks for the clarifaction. Thats what I thought ;)

Okay guys,

I LOVE the car and it is a blast to drive. Those of you who know me know how many of those miles are on the track and the rest in the stories home from SAI and around town; and the 2 Shelbyfests! The car did not sell. I put it in for a price I thought was very fair. I did receive a couple of offers (highest 42K). Not a chance of selling it for that.

I have 5 vehicles and not enough room for all of them. I thought I could put more upgrades on my wife's SGT and use it around the track. It also rides and drives so much better for every day driving. I thought I would sell the one that would have the most money in the bank when done. I also have driven it about 4 times this summer. It didn't sell and I might try placing it in Mustang Auto trader for a while. Otherwise I will put it in storage until next year.

Hey Cobrafan, I'm on my forth set of fronts and I think the Nitto work well for 1/4 the cost. They just can't be reversed.

I am sorry to say that most people have no idea what the car is and that really affects the price. They think they are buying an 07 GT500.

I am sorry to say that most people have no idea what the car is and that really affects the price. They think they are buying an 07 GT500.

Hey Doc,

Spot on and couple this with the economy and anyone selling one of these gems is going to get killed on the sales price. Put her up and wait for things to turn around. Beautiful car.

its a tough day to have to sell your car. I sold my shelby about 4 mths ago.

Very hard to do .. but as miracles happen everyday ... the guy called me back a mth ago .. had never titled the car in his name .. needed money .. asked me to buy it back ... and did.He deducted the sales tax ... and since I already legally owned the per the State of Florida ... Just flew up and ... slapped my old plate on it and drove it home.

When you have such a prized possesion as a GT500 or greater .. a 40th aniversary ... or SS .. this is more than a car .. its an extension of who we are .. at least for most. Its its a labor of love for most

I feel for the gentleman having to sell .. dont know why he is but all I can say happy to have my car back in its stable

its a tough day to have to sell your car. I sold my shelby about 4 mths ago.

Very hard to do .. but as miracles happen everyday ... the guy called me back a mth ago .. had never titled the car in his name .. needed money .. asked me to buy it back ... and did.He deducted the sales tax ... and since I already legally owned the per the State of Florida ... Just flew up and ... slapped my old plate on it and drove it home.

When you have such a prized possesion as a GT500 or greater .. a 40th aniversary ... or SS .. this is more than a car .. its an extension of who we are .. at least for most. Its its a labor of love for most

I feel for the gentleman having to sell .. dont know why he is but all I can say happy to have my car back in its stable

I think you might have forgot to mention the Shelby GT and SGT/SC

Archived