TEAM SHELBY FORUM

this is it!! final fix for stripes and plastic hood scoop

I wish I could see the pictures. You can use photobucket.com or facebook to upload your images and they will resize them in the upload.

I bet Jeff will close this thread direct it to the hood scoop thread like he does to everybody else who simply want to just talk about their hood scoop and stripes situation.

final fix for our cheap vinyl stripes and fake looking plastic hood scoop that im tired of looking at !! well so much for putting pics on cant figutr out how to resize pics its saying size is to big ????????

Don't beat yourself up, you either have the gift or you don't, I couldn't post a pic to save my life.

GG

final fix for our cheap vinyl stripes and fake looking plastic hood scoop that im tired of looking at !! well so much for putting pics on cant figutr out how to resize pics its saying size is to big ????????

Very nice, I'm thinking about going the exact same route except having the stripes painted on. Stripes on my roof have started to spot now and come up around the sat receiver and have been bad around the corners of the scoop since day 1, can't stand to look at it much longer.

Jeff

Very nice, I'm thinking about going the exact same route except having the stripes painted on. Stripes on my roof have started to spot now and come up around the sat receiver and have been bad around the corners of the scoop since day 1, can't stand to look at it much longer.

Jeff

When the time comes, I also will have the stripes painted on. So far mine are good, but I really keep an eye on them and try to keep them protected as much as possible.

NordicShelby, there is a difference between asking for hood scoop help and showing off a modification such as this or Chip's hood scoop thread. The reason I would close threads and direct people to the single thread was to keep all information and experiences in a single thread so others could easily find the information and help they need rather than search more than a 100 threads. Second it was out of courtesy to members that were trying to help others and not ask them to post the same information over and over because those asking couldn't find or didn't look to find, the information already posted.

BTW: I went through the warranty process, more than once, and now have perfect stripes and a perfect scoop that are, to me, a part of what makes an SGT an SGT, but it's your car, so have fun!

Final fix for our cheap vinyl stripes and fake looking plastic hood scoop.......

Well.....I suppose that's one way to skin a cat. Eleminating two of the signature features of the Shelby GT goes a bit beyond what many of us are willing to do however. Imagine removing the shaker hood scoop on a 1973 455SD Trans Am or putting a standard (non scoop) hood on a 1966 GT350. Some owners would like it but many would not consider that a final fix.

"Honey, did you take the dog to the vet to get rid of his tics?" "I handled the problem alright......I got rid of the dog!"

Chip

NordicShelby, there is a difference between asking for hood scoop help and showing off a modification such as this or Chip's hood scoop thread. The reason I would close threads and direct people to the single thread was to keep all information and experiences in a single thread so others could easily find the information and help they need rather than search more than a 100 threads. Second it was out of courtesy to members that were trying to help others and not ask them to post the same information over and over because those asking couldn't find or didn't look to find, the information already posted.

BTW: I went through the warranty process, more than once, and now have perfect stripes and a perfect scoop that are, to me, a part of what makes an SGT an SGT, but it's your car, so have fun!

+1

I'm very happy with the new stripes and scoop.

My latest generation scoop has been in 100s and hasn't warped, lookas as good as the day they installed it.

:lurk:

My latest gen scoop has been in 90-110 degree heat literally everyday for several months straight now with zero issue whatsoever.

If you like the look of an entirely new hood on the SGT, then by all means, go for it. If anyone is only considering this option because they are simply fed up with their original scoop, do yourself the favor of giving the latest generation scoop a shot.

Ken

Well.....I suppose that's one way to skin a cat. Eleminating two of the signature features of the Shelby GT goes a bit beyond what many of us are willing to do however. Imagine removing the shaker hood scoop on a 1973 455SD Trans Am or putting a standard (non scoop) hood on a 1966 GT350. Some owners would like it but many would not consider that a final fix.

"Honey, did you take the dog to the vet to get rid of his tics?" "I handled the problem alright......I got rid of the dog!"

Chip

I agree with Chip. The stripes and hood are truly a signature item of the Shelby GT and I personally believe, along with many others, it would not be in the best interest of the car to remove them unless SAI installed a CS8 hood when the car was at Shelby. That being said, it is your car to do with as you wish.

I hope you kept the scoop!

Archived