TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cs56's and f1's mounted

dsc00310.jpg

dsc00311.jpg

dsc00312.jpg

got my new wheels and tires mounted up, they look and ride like pure sex, i should have put new tires on a long time ago! its just amazing! it corners soo hard now. it bites on take off. i lost some hp to the new weight but i could gain it back with an aluminum drive shaft and some gears(im feeling 3.73s) i was going to have this all done before the 19th of September for a grudge match against a roush, unfortunately he's not going to be going to the shoot out so i don't care any more, that and i have to spend money on fixing a new problem..... put my gt500 throttle body on, it ran up great made 4 more hp then stock. on the 3rd run we discovered a nasty problem, the engine was hanging when you let of the throttle. would stick at whatever rpm you let off at for about 3 seconds then wind down to idle slowly.

i drove it home like this... vmp's tune is definitely flawed as of this time, and with justin on vacation im thoroughly screwed until he gets back. i have a local tuner gearing up to tackle it and hope to be back up and running Tuesday afternoon. but besides that it was a great great day. hope to start on some new mods next month.

enjoy i'll take some new pictures tomorrow.

P.s. for those interested i had an odd occurance on the way home....maybe the computers screwey but... i got 29 mpg on the highway!!!! it promptly dropped off once i got on the side roads but still! :drool:

dsc00310.jpg

dsc00311.jpg

dsc00312.jpg

got my new wheels and tires mounted up, they look and ride like pure sex, i should have put new tires on a long time ago! its just amazing! it corners soo hard now. it bites on take off. i lost some hp to the new weight but i could gain it back with an aluminum drive shaft and some gears(im feeling 3.73s) i was going to have this all done before the 19th of September for a grudge match against a roush, unfortunately he's not going to be going to the shoot out so i don't care any more, that and i have to spend money on fixing a new problem..... put my gt500 throttle body on, it ran up great made 4 more hp then stock. on the 3rd run we discovered a nasty problem, the engine was hanging when you let of the throttle. would stick at whatever rpm you let off at for about 3 seconds then wind down to idle slowly.

i drove it home like this... vmp's tune is definitely flawed as of this time, and with justin on vacation im thoroughly screwed until he gets back. i have a local tuner gearing up to tackle it and hope to be back up and running Tuesday afternoon. but besides that it was a great great day. hope to start on some new mods next month.

P.s. for those interested i had an odd occurance on the way home....maybe the computers screwey but... i got 29 mpg on the highway!!!! it promptly dropped off once i got on the side roads but still! :drool:

Nice! What made you go with the Goodyear's? Everyone eats the Goodyear's so fast and haven't come across anyone who put them back on so just curious?

dsc00310.jpg

dsc00311.jpg

dsc00312.jpg

Looks great! Now you'll have to sleep in the garage to get that new tire smell! :hysterical:

I love the look of the black 56's on the black SGT!

Those were my 1st choice, but I wanted to leave open a possible future brake upgrade...

What did you go with, 285/40 and 255/45?

Very nice!

Dan

yes 285 on back and 255 on front, it rides nicer then before and will actually grip when i need it too.

they fit well with the Shelby 6P brakes,

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...56%20wheel.aspx

That is going to bum me out if true. We went round-and-round about this a year or so back... I know that the 69's will per Roger the other day, I'm not so sure about the 56's... Roger?

Dan

Archived