TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fact or fiction MMR oil windage tray

Is this true 15hp for an oil tray mod??????

MMR Oil pan windage tray for 05-10 GT

The MMR windage tray keeps oil in the pan where it belongs, Replace the useless factory windage tray and see gains of up to 15HP on stock engines, even more gains on modified engines, The unique screen allows oil to quickly return to the pan but keeps oil from splashing on the crankshaft and rods which decreases drag and increases horspeower, easy bolt on,requires no modifications, includes all hardware and easy to follow instructions. Works with stock and MMR oil pans

I can't speak directly about that product, but a good windage tray does go along way to keep the oil where it should be in the pan, and will indeed add H.P. by keeping the oil off the rotating mass (crank). Think of your spinning crank like a boat's propeller. The crank will spin much faster if it's not sitting in fluid which causes resistance, and a spinning crank sitting in oil also causes the oil to cavitate and that causes air bubbles which could contribute to oil starvation within the block and heads (air pockets in the oil galleys).

Now, having said all that, you really only need a high performance windage tray if you plan to track your car, and track it hard. If you plan to drag race, then you need a windage tray that will keep the oil forward and away from the back of the pan during straight line acceleration, and if you plan to road race the car, you need a windage tray that will keep the oil from sloshing to the right or left of the pan and keep it in the middle near the oil pump.

If you are just driving your car on twisty canyon roads for fun, you really don't need to install a high performance windage tray in your car.

I considered this at the time I upgraded to the Moroso high capacity oil pan. However, after seeing the OEM windage tray that's already installed, I decided against it.

The high cap pan gives me enough peace of mind on the track.

Ken

Archived