TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OUCH!!!!!!

skipm

So I'm priming and painting the garage today and finish the first coat open the door and a haze from the sprayer goes out I shut the door quickly. Fearing I might have paint on me or my clothes I ask my wife to move the shelby out of the driveway and I see it coming before she even parked it on the street. It can easily be fixed my concern is the painting of the rim.

post-25280-1251488847_thumb.jpg

post-25280-1251488862_thumb.jpg

I'm always scared of opening a thread entitled "ouch". I kind of figured this is what it was about - I'm sure your wife feels terrible.

Most people of daily drivers aren't really cognizant of pulling too close to a curb - I'm sure we've all been behind those people who go through drive-thru's and grind their wheel going around the bend on the curb to the pick up window. Most people don't even care. (Not saying that's the case with your wife of course.)

Boy... not TOO bad. I have a tiny one on mine, too. My wife can't understand why I have to go back and forth so much when I parallel park where there's a curb... I simply CRINGE every time she parks even in her car.

For a minute there... I thought that you had gotten some collateral paint on the 500! :doh:

ive gotten a few of those and a Dremel drill with an abrasive stone bit works pretty well.When you get most of it out you can then use a polsihng bit--or you can bring it in to a wheel repair spot who'll do the same thing for $300

So I'm priming and painting the garage today and finish the first coat open the door and a haze from the sprayer goes out I shut the door quickly. Fearing I might have paint on me or my clothes I ask my wife to move the shelby out of the driveway and I see it coming before she even parked it on the street. It can easily be fixed my concern is the painting of the rim.

post-25280-1251488847_thumb.jpg

post-25280-1251488862_thumb.jpg

I love my wife very much, but she ain't gonna drive the Shelby. She's got to sit in the drivers seat, but that's it. This is my baby!

Just call a wheel repair shop. I had rash like that on my G35 and after the guy was finished the wheel was good as new. If you are not sure where to start, stop by a BMW, Mercedes, or other high end car dealer and ask the service manager who they use. Most of these guys are mobile and will come out to your house.

Don't feel bad things happen. I was driving in a storm and something fell out of a tree on my hood and put a small dent in it. I felt sick when I noticed it.

The same thing flashed through my head as I was driving home the one day in a rainstorm on a road with some tree overhanging - I gave it a little extra gas to get through the danger zone quickly. I know it doesn't happen often..but I was paranoid as heck of a branch falling down.

Sorry to hear about that Bpmurr.

Archived