TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the temperature in Terlingua today?

DubbsFaris

Just changed oil.

Packing up to leave tomorrow, unfortunately, so are the Big Bend Park Rangers :(

That is so kind of you to think of us!

The park will be closing today, but it will not affect the event in any way. The event takes place just to the west and north of the park and all activities are a go!!!

Let those carvans and Shelbys roll to Terlingua!

Weather is perfect, green everywhere from recent rains and we will be waiting for you all!!!

Anyone who needs me can find me starting tomorrow. Wednesday, about 3:30 at The Holland Bar curbside watching for Shelbys!

Or email me - vorpl8@yahoo.com

I am so looking forward to seeing everyone soon in Terlingua!!! We have a fabulous event planned.

David

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Warren.

Terlingua has had some needed rain and is greened up nicely. It is in the 90's today.

David

78 is the high in San Antonio today. That's got to be some sort of record. What a blessed day!

• 1 year later...

Dr W,

Yep guessing it is. But we have the road which is in good shape this year! Last year they had just chip and sealed... but in great shape for us this year.

David

Is it hot enough to melt the runway at the airport?

September 10th and great rains today here in the area of Terlingua. Much cooler temps as well, in the low 80's with the rain and clouds and forecast to stay this way for several days! Lots of rain lately up around Alpine and Fort Davis, should be beautiful for the Saturday big drive of the event!

Folks will start arriving September 29th and lots more September 30th - come on October 1 official kickoff.

If anyone wishes information about attending Terlingua 2015 or future years, please drop me a note. vorpl8@yahoo.com This is a unique event in Terlingua, TX where Carroll and Bill Neale and many others played.

David

• 2 weeks later...

One week from today, many of us will start our decent upon Terlingua. Weather is looking fabulous and in the low to mid 90's. Should be some great pool weather evenings! So looking forward to seeing our great friends!!! My wife and I will once again be in a rental, probably SUV, but it's the people and event that we come for and to support the community through TPS. Someday I will get more time from work to drive down, but not this year again.

Hey Jeff,

Yes indeed! Weather looks great! It was only high 70's today to low 8/0's with some light rain to boot. Looks to be high 80's to 90 for the event - great pool and driving weather for sure.

It is you both we so much look forward to seeing.

I will be at the Thirsty Goat in Lajitas starting about 4:00 PM Wednesday waiting for arrivals!

Viva Terlingua and Fear the Bunny! :cool:

David

One week from today, many of us will start our decent upon Terlingua. Weather is looking fabulous and in the low to mid 90's. Should be some great pool weather evenings! So looking forward to seeing our great friends!!! My wife and I will once again be in a rental, probably SUV, but it's the people and event that we come for and to support the community through TPS. Someday I will get more time from work to drive down, but not this year again.

The weather out here is looking great, cool evenings and around low 90's daytime!

I hear a distant sound from many directions that could be thunder, but I know is the sounds of the caravans starting on the trip to Terlingua!

The pre-pre event )LOL) meetup is at The Starlight Theater Tuesday night at 6:30 right on the Terlingua Porch where Carroll and friends gathered in 1967 and the first of the World Championship chili cook-offs began! Want to know more, get a "Bowl of Red" by Frank X Tolbert. They could not make it up to be any more unbelievable if they tried.

Let those Shelby's roll to the Big Bend of Texas and Shelby sacred ground. :shift::drool::yahoo:

See y'all soon!

David

Son coming home from college to look after sister: Check

Dog booked in kennels: Check

Helmet already in trunk: Check

Charity Auction Items prepared; Check
Shelby Checked for high speed activities: Well booked for Monday

See you on Wednesday

Son coming home from college to look after sister: Check

Dog booked in kennels: Check

Helmet already in trunk: Check

Charity Auction Items prepared; Check