TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the temperature in Terlingua today?

DubbsFaris

Good eye,69 fastback is a old straight axle drag car,it will be a multi-purpose track/autocross/hopefully Bonneville car.

The other is a 51 Ford Woodie;sigh;unfortunately uncrated

Not seen is my fleet of 66-77 Broncos

The hood came off a totaled KR

after reading what they list for I need to up my insurance

Doc

Its 77 degrees in Tulsa

whats it in Terlingua

Hey Doc,

Terlingua is in the low 90's today and partly cloudy. Nights have been cooling off wonderfully the last few evening to the low 60's.

Wish you were here - we could go driving! :shift:

VB

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back from a 2 day 1100 mile drive from home in San Antonio to the Abilene area, to Breckenridge, then overnight in Dallas, and then down to Fairfield and then made my home. I was thinking there at the end I could have driven to Terlingua, spent the night and come home and still had a few left over miles.

The weather was nice though...never got over 95 anywhere I was at.

Just got off the phone with a buddy,another friend has passed, he had a 69 Mach1 he bought new, only 4000 miles. What a waste, Bought our hertz car in may; picked it up in Long Beach on June 11, it now has 22,500 miles on it. We have put 7,000 miles on it in less than 3 months. What's the use of having a cool or great car unless you drive and enjoy it.

Doc

Well, the records for that area are like 38 degrees low and 104 degrees high for early October...so you can be pretty sure it will be in that range if you take a trip there....hope that helps those planning a vacation to that area one day....somewhere between near freezing and boiling hot...right in that range....is it any wonder long term planning is laughable for the big country? :headscratch::hysterical::shift::censored:

Well, the records for that area are like 38 degrees low and 104 degrees high for early October...so you can be pretty sure it will be in that range if you take a trip there....hope that helps those planning a vacation to that area one day....somewhere between near freezing and boiling hot...right in that range....is it any wonder long term planning is laughable for the big country? :headscratch::hysterical::shift::censored:

Who would be planning a vacation THERE and WHY??? :headscratch::shrug:

:hysterical:

This weekend while driving Mullholland :superhero: I wondered;

whats it like in Terlingua today?

Doc

Hey Doc/All,

I just cannot help but respond to the what's the Terlingua temp questions. I am actually going to be in Terlingua today - as opposed to 25 miles east in the park where I normally am most weekdays. Weekends usually find me on Jack Eden Mesa in Terlingua at our weekend Terlingua home. I have a lunch meeting and then a tourism meeting in Terlingua proper today. The weather has been glorious here of late - eighties and fifties in the park with some sun and nice partly couldy weather. Also, a few sprinkles. Today shoud be lower 90's in Terlingua and sunny.

For those not local, I put on a jacket to walk a couple evenings ago it was getting nippy by our standards! Probably in the lower 60's or possibly hit the upper 50's which is down right cold! Definately jacket weather.

Terlingua remains Terlingua irreverent and fun - Roll Bunnies...

You'all come down and see us you hear! :shift::dance:

VB

For those not local, I put on a jacket to walk a couple evenings ago it was getting nippy by our standards! Probably in the lower 60's or possibly hit the upper 50's which is down right cold! Definately jacket weather.

50's and 60's I run around nude in those temps. :hysterical3:

50's and 60's I run around nude in those temps. :hysterical3:

Yea, I know - I keep a jacket with me all year around here for meeting with air conditioning temps in the mid 70's and below brrrrrrrr

Life in the Terlingua Chihuahan desert - some like it hot! LOL.

VB

Yea, I know - I keep a jacket with me all year around here for meeting with air conditioning temps in the mid 70's and below brrrrrrrr

Life in the Terlingua Chihuahan desert - some like it hot! LOL.

VB

Hey VB--you getting any of that crazy flooding in your part of Texas, or is it all staying East of you?

Hey VB--you getting any of that crazy flooding in your part of Texas, or is it all staying East of you?

Hey Blip,

Feast or famine out here in the land of fierce rabbits and farce - we are dry this year drier than normal. Last year we were flooded. Go figure huh? :headscratch:

Still, all in all other than being cold -those fifties I talked about its beautiful as always! :happy feet:

VB

86 degrees in Beautiful downtown Burbank;went to Wavecrest a woodie show,to cool,

so whats it like in Terlingua?

Doc Scott

Hey Doc,

In the 80s in Terlingua today as well spent the day at the ranch there.

Supposed to get hotter a couple days and then back to the 80s.

VB

Hey Doc,

In the 80s in Terlingua today as well spent the day at the ranch there.

Supposed to get hotter a couple days and then back to the 80s.

VB

Sounds like weather that would be good for visitors from cooler climates :shift:

Archived