TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wife's been talking about new wheels...

bandit67

I sort of like the factory wheels, but have found some aftermarket that I like, so I'll entertain the idea of putting new wheels on.

So far, there are 2 that I like:

1. The American Racing Shelby Razor that they put on the 40th anniversary edition (saw a set of silver/black on a GT500 last week). I'm interested in the silver/gun metal. Not yet sure if I will stick with 18's or go to 20's.

2. A set that I found on Tire Rack - ASA AR9 19"x9.5", silver with red spoke inserts.

I think either wheel would look great on our car, but the ASA's might punch just a little better. I guess I could always go with the straight silver Razors and then have the spokes powder coated red if I really wanted that look.

Opinions? I've never heard of ASA wheels, made in China. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Razors are Made in America. That will probably play into my decision.

post-25829-1251474935_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251474947_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251474935_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251474947_thumb.jpg

I sort of like the factory wheels, but have found some aftermarket that I like, so I'll entertain the idea of putting new wheels on.

1. The American Racing Shelby Razor that they put on the 40th anniversary edition (saw a set of silver/black on a GT500 last week). I'm interested in the silver/gun metal. Not yet sure if I will stick with 18's or go to 20's.

2. A set that I found on Tire Rack - ASA AR9 19"x9.5", silver with red spoke inserts.

I think either wheel would look great on our car, but the ASA's might punch just a little better. I guess I could always go with the straight silver Razors and then have the spokes powder coated red if I really wanted that look.

Opinions? I've never heard of ASA wheels, made in China. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Razors are Made in America. That will probably play into my decision.

I have started a folder on wheels for my GT500. Mine is a vert and the opposite color of yours. I like the SC 40s in black & chrome but don't want 20s. I have both of the wheels you posted in my folder.

Here are the CS40s on a Shelby GT at the Woodward Cruise.

Shelbywheels.jpg

I also found some smoked chrome wheels that look good. Keep posting on the options you find.

I like the Razors better out of the two IMO...

I have them on my 40th and they are sweeeet.

Not sure if they come in 18's.

Here's a pic of the Razor's and the CS40's.....

Thanks for the pics. Great wheels for sure. I think with my White GT500 I'd like some color on the wheels. I was looking at this one with Smoked Chrome but still not sure.

wheels_blkchrFR50018X10_lg_1_.jpg

wheels_blkchrFR50018X10_lg_1_.jpg

Well, I guess I may need to look a bit closer at American Eagle wheels to see what they have - they are Made in the USA. http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/

It's too bad that Shelby didn't go to a company that makes wheels right here in the USA.

Dudenrock,

Do you have any other side view pics of your car? It looks like you went with the all silver wheels (not chrome)?

3ponies,

I've found the Razors in 18x9's at a bunch of different online wheel stores.

I initially ordered the chrome but once I got it up against the red, too much bling for me. I toned it down with the silver and I'm glad I changed. As far as the Black car with the chrome, I love it! Great combo. If I were you, stay away from colored inserts on the wheels. Just my .02.

Well, I guess I may need to look a bit closer at American Eagle wheels to see what they have - they are Made in the USA. http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/

It's too bad that Shelby didn't go to a company that makes wheels right here in the USA.

Dudenrock,

Do you have any other side view pics of your car? It looks like you went with the all silver wheels (not chrome)?

3ponies,

I've found the Razors in 18x9's at a bunch of different online wheel stores.

post-19899-1251488178_thumb.jpg

post-19899-1251488178_thumb.jpg

Here's my .02 cents....

We all buy custom wheels to make our ride stand apart from most others, at least as best we can. We crave that individuality.

A Shelby with Razors is hardly a statement of individuality these days. Most everyone that ditches the factory wheels has a set of Razors. To me it looks generic now.

Here's my .02 cents....

We all buy custom wheels to make our ride stand apart from most others, at least as best we can. We crave that individuality.

A Shelby with Razors is hardly a statement of individuality these days. Most everyone that ditches the factory wheels has a set of Razors. To me it looks generic now.

Very true, earlier this summer there were 4 GT500's showed up at a local cruise spot - 3 had Razor's.

I have the Razors on my 40th and the CS40's on my '08. I like them both, but I wish the CS40's had a deeper lip on them like the Razors. It is too bad that the Razors are on alot of cars. It does take away from the uniqueness.

i think the razors are overdone...i would go with the ccw sp500's or the cs40's two of the best looking wheels out for these cars.. http://superbuytires.com/DUB/Dirty%20Dog%205/ these have always been one of my favorites also never seen them on a shelby but i bet they would look sweet

After seeing tons of different wheels this past weekend at the Sturgis Mustang Rally, we've decided we like the Shelby Razors the best, so I guess we're going with 20's.

Many may have the razors but they still look awesome on a stang, I plan on powder coating mine after a few years to all Black. Can anyone photoshop them in all black?

Your car looked great already Ed, it will look even better with the new shoes! :happy feet:

That must be Gary?

I tried to send Josh a PM, but the slacker's inbox is full, so no new PM's can go through.

We had a nice surprise on Sunday night at the Awards Banquet - we won 2nd place in our class at the Show & Shine - don't know how we did it - had to beat out quite a few great looking cars. :happy feet:

So now I have the bug and need to keep tweeking the car for the shows. Oh, and I think I'm going to get myself a set of rims and drag radials to go with the few new power mods I want to have in place by next summer. Gonna try to get to the drag strip a couple times this fall to start practicing. :drool:

Archived