TEAM SHELBY FORUM

exhaust note

autogal

I just bought a 2007 Shelby Hertz. My boyfriend has a 2006 GT-H. When my car is idling it is not anywhere near as loud as the 06 GT-H. Does anyone know if there is a different in the 2 years and how do I get my Shelby to sound like his?

I just bought a 2007 Shelby Hertz. My boyfriend has a 2006 GT-H. When my car is idling it is not anywhere near as loud as the 06 GT-H. Does anyone know if there is a different in the 2 years and how do I get my Shelby to sound like his?

No difference.

Can you post vid clips of the two cars? Unless his is modified, there's no reason they should sound any different.

Ken

Mine is quiet compared to his. He thinks it might be because mines a vert........I want to know from all you guys out there if I replace my exhaust like the one he has (although they look almost the same) will my car sound like his or is it something else I have to do?

Drive it like you stole. Welcome to TS look out for your 10th post.

Mine is quiet compared to his. He thinks it might be because mines a vert........I want to know from all you guys out there if I replace my exhaust like the one he has (although they look almost the same) will my car sound like his or is it something else I have to do?

Slip out to the garage after he goes to sleep, pull the mufflers off of both cars, put his back on your car and yours back on his car....problem solved... ;)

Ha you guys are funny. Mine has 21,000 and his has 24,000. I'm going to have the dealership put it up on the hoist to see what exactly is under there. Maybe the exhaust was replaced before I bought it. Either way if I have to I will replace the exhaust so it will be louder or at least as loud as his. I'll let you know what they find out.....

• 5 weeks later...

I was going to get the Ford Racing KR mufflers but I got a really good deal on the Mac Performance and they sound great. My car now sounds a lot louder than my BF's 06 GTH.....

Sweet, now that it is louder than his you can make it a lot faster too!!

We are on your team, he has to go find his own team...

Nice car, another Canadian Shelby vert buddy!! :happy feet:

Actually I was told from a guy I know at a Ford Dealership that he could make it a lot faster. Not sure what he was going to do but I will probably go for it.....

Archived