TEAM SHELBY FORUM

66 HIPO'S SHELBY IS IN THE STABLE

66GT HIPO

WELL FINALLY AFTER 8 MONTHS OF PAINFULLY WAITING ITS COME TO A END.

WELL I REALLY DONT KNOW WHERE TO START SO I WILL JUST START. WE PLACED OUR ORDER ON APRIL THE 13TH FOR OUR CAR THE END OF JULY WE GOT OUR VIN# THE CAR WAS BUILT AUG THE 11TH AND RELEASED FOR SHIPPING AUG THE 28TH ON SEP 11TH WE GOT WORD OUR CAR GOT HEAVY DAMAGE ON A RAIL CAR COMING INTO KANSAS CITY MISSOURI SO THE NEXT DAY THE 12TH WE HAD A MEETING WITH THE DEALERSHIP OWNER AND THERE ZONE REP AND WE JUST REORDERED ANOTHER CAR SO THE FIRST OF OCT WE GOT OUR 2ND VIN AND THE CAR WAS BUILT WEEK OF OCT 23TH AND DEALER ETA OF 11/7 THRU 11/14 WELL AFTER AN EXTRA MONTH IN LINGO ITS FINALLY HERE AND IN THE BARN. IT CAM EIN AT THE CRACK OF DAWN THIS MORNING AND WE PICKED IT UP AT 4PM THIS AFTERNOON AND WENT DRIVING AND JUST LIKE EVERYONES SAID , WHAT A RUSH IT IS AND EVEN BETTER. I ALMOST WENT OFF THE DEEP END SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE WAITING PERIOD BUT AT THE END IS A SUPER RELEIF AND WELL WORTH THE WAIT SO ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE JUST HANG IN THERE IT WILL ALL BE OVER VERY SOON AND YOU WILL BE PLEASED 100%.TOMORROW I WILL TAKE SOME PHOTOS IN THE DAYLIGHT HOURS AND POST THEM HERE.

THANKS FOR EVERYONES SUPPORT THROUGH THESE HARD AND TROUBLING TIMES.

66HIPO

:banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

Hipo,

I bet you feel great having your car home, safe and sound. What a nightmare having your first car damaged in transport. Ouch. I wonder what they did with that car, and if they sold it as new? I am looking forward to your photos.

Hipo,

I bet you feel great having your car home, safe and sound. What a nightmare having your first car damaged in transport. Ouch. I wonder what they did with that car, and if they sold it as new? I am looking forward to your photos.

..Ford fixed it, and it was down at Olathe Ford (Kansas) for 15K adm. They acknowledged it had been repaired, and told me that they had dropped the price because of that. He then pointed to the unwrecked 20K adm shelby next to it

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

hey Travis

I will be back thru Rolla in late Winter/early Spring, and will drop by to say hi and take a look. Glad it has finally worked out. When you post pictures, you might consider showing off the 66 stang also, it is quite a looker and might start getting jealous :hysterical:

take care

John

..Ford fixed it, and it was down at Olathe Ford (Kansas) for 15K adm. They acknowledged it had been repaired, and told me that they had dropped the price because of that. He then pointed to the unwrecked 20K adm shelby next to it

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

hey Travis

I will be back thru Rolla in late Winter/early Spring, and will drop by to say hi and take a look. Glad it has finally worked out. When you post pictures, you might consider showing off the 66 stang also, it is quite a looker and might start getting jealous :hysterical:

take care

John

THANKS JOHN PLEASE COME BY AND WE'LL TAKE IT FOR A RIDE. AND I WILL GET SOME PHOTOS TOMORROW AND SOME OF THE 66 HIPO STANG AS WELL IF I CAN GET IT OUT OF THE SHED AS WE STILL HAVE ABOUT AN INCH OR SO OF ICE LEFT BUT AFTER THIS WARM WEEKEND IT SHOULD ALL BE GONE BUT I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

THANKS AGAIN

66HIPO

TRAVIS

There's nothing like that first ride it seems.

Glad it all worked out and you got another car.

YOUR CORRECT ABOUT THE FIRST RIDE BECAUSE MY WIFE DROVE IT OFF THE LOT AND YES I GOT TO RIDE BUT I HAD TO WRITE THE CHECK SO GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!

66HIPO

THANKS JOHN PLEASE COME BY AND WE'LL TAKE IT FOR A RIDE. AND I WILL GET SOME PHOTOS TOMORROW AND SOME OF THE 66 HIPO STANG AS WELL IF I CAN GET IT OUT OF THE SHED AS WE STILL HAVE ABOUT AN INCH OR SO OF ICE LEFT BUT AFTER THIS WARM WEEKEND IT SHOULD ALL BE GONE BUT I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

THANKS AGAIN

66HIPO

TRAVIS

YOUR CORRECT ABOUT THE FIRST RIDE BECAUSE MY WIFE DROVE IT OFF THE LOT AND YES I GOT TO RIDE BUT I HAD TO WRITE THE CHECK SO GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!

66HIPO

Congratulations 66GT HIPO. I can't wait to see your pictures. Glad to hear your GT 500 is in the stable.

Have fun and take care.

Larry

Archived