TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange little vibration, probably nothing

ChrisSD

You'll have to be a fatass like me and have your right thigh touching the ebrake while you drive to notice it. ONLY in 1st gear, from a stop, making a turn, when I pass between 1700 and 1800 RPM's the ebrake vibrates my leg a bit, and slightly shakes. If I roll out 2nd at the same RPM, or any other gear, nothing. Free revving in neutral, nothing. Only 1st, only between those RPM. Turning makes it more evident. My guess is exhaust resonance shaking things but I'm curious....

You'll have to be a fatass like me and have your right thigh touching the ebrake while you drive to notice it. ONLY in 1st gear, from a stop, making a turn, when I pass between 1700 and 1800 RPM's the ebrake vibrates my leg a bit, and slightly shakes. If I roll out 2nd at the same RPM, or any other gear, nothing. Free revving in neutral, nothing. Only 1st, only between those RPM. Turning makes it more evident. My guess is exhaust resonance shaking things but I'm curious....

I have experienced the same thing. It's probably nothing.

these cars have carbon fiber clutch packs in the rear end- some chatter in turns is perfectly normal theres a special service message out from ford that deals with this nothing wrong with the car- roadpig

Carbon ceramic.

• 2 weeks later...

I have more info on this.

1. The car needs to be driven a few miles to warm up. After that, it happens 100%.

2. It isn't just 1st gear, it's 10MPH period. I bogged 2nd from a stop and rolled second through 10MPH and it vibrated.

3. Decel to a stop doesn't vibrate through 10 MPH

So, it isn't the engine/clutch trans. I doubt it is an out of balance driveshaft too since it has to warm up first. a Driveshaft would vibrate period if it were off. This must be a rear end thing.

Maybe it's normal, maybe not, but my car is going in this week for 5 other issues so I'll mention this to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived