TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Evolution Performance Mods...

OK, so as some of you know, I ordered several mods from EVO. I got a custom 93 octane tune, a 2.6" SC pulley, NGK spark plugs, Metco Idler assembly, 180* thermostat, and I have the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake Tube, L&M Billet Throttle Body, and the Fore Precision Works Billet Fuel Rails and Billet Coil Covers coming. The last couple of items is only for dress up, not performance. Anyway, let me say this...my car is now officially REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! What a difference those mods make!!!! I'm sure I'm at at least 650 hp at the flywheel. The boost was increased to about 14 lbs. But what's great about the boost is that instead of it taking some serious acceleration before the boost kicks in, the boost is like immediate. As soon as you give it ANY throttle, the boost kicks in STRONG! I suppose that's a result of the custom tune. Also, the torque is an ANIMAL!!!! Feels so damn good under your feet! The bottom line is that I realized HUGE gains from a few simple mods and a custom tune from EVO. Also, Kent at EVO is a great guy and EXTREMELY HELPFUL. If any of you are considering doing some mods, go with EVO and ONLY DEAL WITH KENT. He is THE MAN.

I'm sure I'm at least 650 hp at the flywheel.

That's probably true. Based on my dyno numbers, estimated HP is somewhere between 640-680. But, as you say, the main point for me is that it FEELS much more powerful after these mods. Hard to imagine because it's pretty impressive in stock form. For your next round, I would strongly recommend the Stinger (or other) exhaust and the lowering suspension package. Makes a world of difference in looks.

That's probably true. Based on my dyno numbers, estimated HP is somewhere between 640-680. But, as you say, the main point for me is that it FEELS much more powerful after these mods. Hard to imagine because it's pretty impressive in stock form. For your next round, I would strongly recommend the Stinger (or other) exhaust and the lowering suspension package. Makes a world of difference in looks.

Noted. I am definitely doing some more mods after all this stuff. I want to do a brake upgrade all the way around and a suspension package, maybe the FRPP stuff.

OK, so as some of you know, I ordered several mods from EVO. I got a custom 93 octane tune, a 2.6" SC pulley, NGK spark plugs, Metco Idler assembly, 180* thermostat, and I have the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake Tube, L&M Billet Throttle Body, and the Fore Precision Works Billet Fuel Rails and Billet Coil Covers coming. The last couple of items is only for dress up, not performance. Anyway, let me say this...my car is now officially REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! What a difference those mods make!!!! I'm sure I'm at at least 650 hp at the flywheel. The boost was increased to about 14 lbs. But what's great about the boost is that instead of it taking some serious acceleration before the boost kicks in, the boost is like immediate. As soon as you give it ANY throttle, the boost kicks in STRONG! I suppose that's a result of the custom tune. Also, the torque is an ANIMAL!!!! Feels so damn good under your feet! The bottom line is that I realized HUGE gains from a few simple mods and a custom tune from EVO. Also, Kent at EVO is a great guy and EXTREMELY HELPFUL. If any of you are considering doing some mods, go with EVO and ONLY DEAL WITH KENT. He is THE MAN.

Sounds Great...........can't wait to give them a call HOPEFULLY the day after 09/20 (estimated delivery date)!! Did you take the car there or have everything sent to you and install yourself?? And guys........we need some videos to hear these things!

I left the car there for a week. Only 145 miles from me. Could have ordered parts and had them installed at a shop closer to home but wanted to have it done by guys who do this all the time and know what they are doing. I'm going to do the same thing for my next round (probably December).

Video coming soon. Been busy at work. The look of the tips alone make the exhaust worth it.

Sounds Great...........can't wait to give them a call HOPEFULLY the day after 09/20 (estimated delivery date)!! Did you take the car there or have everything sent to you and install yourself?? And guys........we need some videos to hear these things!

I live in Houston, TX, so I had them send the stuff to me and I did it all myself. It was quite some work, but not complicated. Just a bit challenging, such as getting that damn stock pulley off. It was a bitch.

H

Did you get more of a supercharger whine with the jlt intake tube because of the stock intake tube being baffled if I'm not mistaken?

I agree with you; Kent and Fred are the best! Good luck with your new mods.

I agree with you; Kent and Fred are the best! Good luck with your new mods.

You bet. I've done business with Evo in the past and had a great experience as well.

Fred and Kent are standup guys and have a good product and know what they are doing.

When the time comes, I'm going with Evo stage 2.

How did the install go ? Its seems pretty straight forward.

ItalianStallion

You bet. I've done business with Evo in the past and had a great experience as well.

Fred and Kent are standup guys and have a good product and know what they are doing.

ItalianStallion

The install was a bit challenging. The heat exchanger took some real finessing to make it go it their properly. You have to do a bit of modification. Also, getting that friggin pulley off is tough. You gotta have the pulley puller no matter what, and then it's still VERY difficult to get off, at least it was for me. Then you gotta put the new pulley in the over for 45 minutes to make it expand and then run it over to the car immediately and press it on. Then there's the idler assembley which is really just a belt tensioner for the new supercharger pulley. It went on piece of cake. Had an issue with the handheld tune programmer, but I got that squared away. Then I took it out for the first drive..............DAMN! That's all I can say about it!!!!

ItalianStallion

The install went smoothly without any problems. It took about three weeks (one week more than I expected) but in the end, I was very happy. Since picking up the car, there have not been any problems at all. I took it back after about 400 miles to get everything on the suspension rechecked and torqued. I could not be any happier with the service and end result!

I left the car there for a week. Only 145 miles from me. Could have ordered parts and had them installed at a shop closer to home but wanted to have it done by guys who do this all the time and know what they are doing. I'm going to do the same thing for my next round (probably December).

Video coming soon. Been busy at work. The look of the tips alone make the exhaust worth it.

Can't wait to see and hear that video!!

Archived