TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help with whistle on a '07 GT Auto...

deuce

I think you have one of the cars that had the blower installed at Flat Rock by mistake. :hysterical2:

Sorry.

I'm just guessing you're hearing the intake sucking air.

My C&L CAI sounds like a Hoover when I jump on the gas. Very cool. :hyper:

I think you have one of the cars that had the blower installed at Flat Rock by mistake. :hysterical2:

Sorry.

I'm just guessing you're hearing the intake sucking air.

My C&L CAI sounds like a Hoover when I jump on the gas. Very cool. :hyper:

...I wouldn't mind that sound!

I think we may have just seen the shuttle!

Off to our east - and low on the horizon - but MOVING!

I'm sure the folks on the Outer Banks got a much better view.

Talk about h.p.! :hyper:

Are Hemi's a problem? Not for me! :hysterical2: (stock Hemi's - don't start flaming me...)

I think we may have just seen the shuttle!

Off to our east - and low on the horizon - but MOVING!

I'm sure the folks on the Outer Banks got a much better view.

Talk about h.p.! :hyper:

Are Hemi's a problem? Not for me! :hysterical2: (stock Hemi's - don't start flaming me...)

Sounds exciting, really :hyper:

Count me in too. They are only going to fly the shuttle for a little while longer. It will be replaced with a large unmanned rocket and a smaller manned rocket carrying an expanded Apollo - like capsule. The two lauches will be lifting some serious weight but they won't have the same impact as when the shuttle launches. I really want to to go and feel the rumble.

post-5784-1165754918_thumb.jpgpost-5784-1165754994_thumb.jpg

Hi Deuce - how about a few pics of your car??

Edit: Thanks!

Now - about that Hemi next to you.... :finger:

Ruf,

I love Mustangs, always have...but the HEMI is sweet. Here's MY daily driver. The Stang and SRT are my buddies and he asked me to inquire with the board because of the wealth of info here.

Just got the the Ram 2 weeks ago, had to trade my "Deuce" in on her. I was driving an '05 F150. That's where the Deuce name came from. I'll post up more Stang pics too.

post-5784-1165754918_thumb.jpgpost-5784-1165754994_thumb.jpg

Ruf,

I love Mustangs, always have...but the HEMI is sweet. Here's MY daily driver. The Stang and SRT are my buddies and he asked me to inquire with the board because of the wealth of info here.

Just got the the Ram 2 weeks ago, had to trade my "Deuce" in on her. I was driving an '05 F150. That's where the Deuce name came from. I'll post up more Stang pics too.

...and more of the Stang.

post-5784-1165755663_thumb.jpg

post-5784-1165755701_thumb.jpg

post-5784-1165755663_thumb.jpg

post-5784-1165755701_thumb.jpg

I apologize if this is somewhere else! I have a 2007 GT and it "whistles" under hard acceleration. Anybody else heard of this? Goes away after 2nd and 3rd gear...starts around 2500 rpm.

Thanks! Great site, been a long time lurker.

I, too, have an '07 GT Automatic. It makes a whining noise from the transmission occasionally in lower gears when I get on it hard, but it is only until the car warms up. I've been told by others with this noise that it is a design issue in the transmission and some of the tolerances are a little tight between some moving parts with the transmission, but not a problem to worry about. I won't pretend to know anything about the inner workings of an automatic, so I don't remember the specifics.

Also, since I installed the DiabloSport Predator computer tune and cranked up the line pressure for harder/higher shifts, I occasionally hear a light buzzing noise at light throttle. I think that is from the increased line pressure, though.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 10 2006, 02:34 PM) 72761[/snapback]

I, too, have an '07 GT Automatic. It makes a whining noise from the transmission occasionally in lower gears when I get on it hard, but it is only until the car warms up. I've been told by others with this noise that it is a design issue in the transmission and some of the tolerances are a little tight between some moving parts with the transmission, but not a problem to worry about. I won't pretend to know anything about the inner workings of an automatic, so I don't remember the specifics.

Also, since I installed the DiabloSport Predator computer tune and cranked up the line pressure for harder/higher shifts, I occasionally hear a light buzzing noise at light throttle. I think that is from the increased line pressure, though.

Thanks! We'll keep an eye on it. It's got 700 miles on it and I'm hoping it goes away after it breaks in.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 10 2006, 02:34 PM) 72761[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks! We'll keep an eye on it. It's got 700 miles on it and I'm hoping it goes away after it breaks in.

I agree with Five O guy, must be the tranny. I have the same car (vertible though) with the 5 speed manual, and there is no whistle noise, only the noise of the tires burning,,,,just kidding,,,,yet anyway. I only have 400 miles on it so far, does your friend plan any customizations? I have not done any yet, lots planned though! Good luck with that tranny, later!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 10 2006, 02:34 PM) 72761[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I have rode in some '05 GT auto's with quite a few miles on them, and no whistle? My car is an '07 GT vertible, but I have the 5 speed, so no whistle, good luck though. Nice color for your friend by the way. He should join the site. Does he have any upgrades/customizations planned? Later, Thong Out! Oh yeah, I am not supposed to say that,,,,,,here comes the comments from the gallery now :hysterical:

I have rode in some '05 GT auto's with quite a few miles on them, and no whistle? My car is an '07 GT vertible, but I have the 5 speed, so no whistle, good luck though. Nice color for your friend by the way. He should join the site. Does he have any upgrades/customizations planned? Later, Thong Out! Oh yeah, I am not supposed to say that,,,,,,here comes the comments from the gallery now :hysterical:

I'll tell him to join and post up more pics. No mods planned. We've had an '04 Marauder and an '04 Mach 1 and never modded. Just like the look and feel of all original. I do envy the HP some people get when they do mod though!

Archived