TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LA Shelby Club - Track Day

HORSBYT

The Los Angeles Shelby Club held an open track event at Willow Springs on Monday, August 24th. I'm thinking this was the MOST ideal track day ever. Monday, about 15-20 cars, with a majority of them being SGT's!!! The weather was perfect at about 90, clear skies, not ONE incident (i'm leaving out a slight mishandle of turn 3/4 so as not to embarrass anyone!) and an OPEN TRACK!

I must admit, I felt a bit glutoness rolling onto the track whenever I felt like it, with no restrictions other than how much more the car, brakes and tires could take. It was my first time to Willow and I must say, it IS the "fastest track in the west!" We had some vintage GT350's running out there which were incredible to watch! Especially when two of them were playing cat and mouse with a late model Vette!

Here's some video of my run as well as some pics.... A hauler showed up later in the day with a Cobra, Daytona and a GT40. Nothing like being passed on the left by that GT40!

This is JClark in front of me in the video....

post-21846-1251259454_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259469_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259475_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259488_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259454_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259469_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259475_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1251259488_thumb.jpg

not ONE incident (i'm leaving out a slight mishandle of turn 3/4 so as not to embarrass anyone!) and an OPEN TRACK!

Well not quite, there was another incident and I dont want to embarrass anyone either, But we lost a very good lawn chair :redcard:

not ONE incident (i'm leaving out a slight mishandle of turn 3/4 so as not to embarrass anyone!) and an OPEN TRACK!

Well not quite, there was another incident and I dont want to embarrass anyone either, But we lost a very good lawn chair :redcard:

I'm not responsible for anything malfunctioning that has "Made In China" stamped on it! Thank G*D we don't have to buy our Mustang parts that way!!!

RIP lawn chair. :hysterical:

I'll get you a Sombraro Muchacho, you won't miss that convertible!

Archived