TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boost Gauge installed

Ive been researching pillar pods, the shelby dash pod with three gauges, CDC gauge pod and found this simple little thing on Roush's website. The new 2010 427R has the same setup so I contacted roush and found it. For $29.00 per gauge you have a clean install with no interior butchering, wires exposed thru the winshield defroster vents, or hitting the A-pillar pod everytime you grab the steering wheel. The vent still works like it should except it cant be closed or directed. The best part is the drivers side dash is very easily accessible thru the side to run the wires, hose, and pull out the light switch. The total install took one hour. Minus a run to the auto store for a universal vacuum T-fitting. Plus if you like to have multiple gauges the center ones work the same way. It is just tighter inside the dash area to run wires and stuff.

It fits 2 1/16th gauges, either mechanical or electric.

DSC02486.jpg

I may change the gauge for a different one in the future. Im not so sure about the white face. I would like a carbon fiber shelby gauge but I cant find one that is 2/16 yet.

Ive been researching pillar pods, the shelby dash pod with three gauges, CDC gauge pod and found this simple little thing on Roush's website. The new 2010 427R has the same setup so I contacted roush and found it. For $29.00 per gauge you have a clean install with no interior butchering, wires exposed thru the winshield defroster vents, or hitting the A-pillar pod everytime you grab the steering wheel. The vent still works like it should except it cant be closed or directed. The best part is the drivers side dash is very easily accessible thru the side to run the wires, hose, and pull out the light switch. The total install took one hour. Minus a run to the auto store for a universal vacuum T-fitting. Plus if you like to have multiple gauges the center ones work the same way. It is just tighter inside the dash area to run wires and stuff.

It fits 2 1/16th gauges, either mechanical or electric.

DSC02486.jpg

I may change the gauge for a different one in the future. Im not so sure about the white face. I would like a carbon fiber shelby gauge but I cant find one that is 2/16 yet.

nice!!!!!!

The guy that designed that trick little kit was (and might still be) a member here. He sold them to other members until he sold the rights to Roush a few years back.

The air still flows around the gauge to the driver.

That is cool. Too bad I already have the gauges... :)

Archived