TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What to ask for on pick up day

Alloy Dave

Ok, help me with all the paperwork I should ask for. Mine should be here by Christmas and I want to be prepared.

1) Obvious items include the window sticker, all sales invoices, etc.

2) MSO copy (Manufacturer's ??? of Origin?)

3) Can/should I get an Oasis report? Perhaps it will be blank on a new car?

4) Owners manual

5) ???

Dave

Ok, help me with all the paperwork I should ask for. Mine should be here by Christmas and I want to be prepared.

4) Owners manual

5) ???

Dave

Big box of tissue :cry: (to cover the tears of being over joyed that this day has finally arrived!!!)

Co-Pilot

Ask for the exclusive dealer's vinyl banner in the window if they still have it. (Yellow banner with white/vista blue stripe GT500) I got my dealer's. They were hot on eBay at one point ($250 and up I believe). Mine is going in the garage. I think it would look sharp with a GT500 of the same color scheme, but it appears from your user name that your body color is alloy. Mine is black w/ tungsten, but I'll still hang mine up.

Ask for the exclusive dealer's vinyl banner in the window if they still have it. (Yellow banner with white/vista blue stripe GT500) I got my dealer's. They were hot on eBay at one point ($250 and up I believe). Mine is going in the garage. I think it would look sharp with a GT500 of the same color scheme, but it appears from your user name that your body color is alloy. Mine is black w/ tungsten, but I'll still hang mine up.

You might ask the dealer run an Oasis BEFORE they report it sold. This will be a one of a kind report--As those run afterwards will show date of sale--that one won't==or email me the serial number and i can run it for you and either email or fax it to you

Bud

Just a thought

I already gave my banner away to the lady that order my second Gt500--hope she gets her's soon---probably Jan-Feb am tld

I'm not sure if it was a factory option but my car came with 4 locking lug nuts already installed. In the glove box were the 4 lug nuts that were taken off and the key for the locks that were on the wheels in a heavy duty zip lock bag. If someone can confirm that these are a factory option then you'll want to make sure you get the extra lugs and lug key.

-Bill-

I'm not sure if it was a factory option but my car came with 4 locking lug nuts already installed. In the glove box were the 4 lug nuts that were taken off and the key for the locks that were on the wheels in a heavy duty zip lock bag. If someone can confirm that these are a factory option then you'll want to make sure you get the extra lugs and lug key.

-Bill-

Well the 4 locking lug nuts and key were in a sealed plastic bag that was sitting in the car when i got it. They were not already installed. That would lead me to believe they come with them all. Not sure though. I would agree though, make sure to ask for locking lug nutts and lug key.

Another thing. If your picking it up from the dealer. Make sure you tell them ahead of time not to install the front bumper liscense plate holder. I could not imagine anyone screwing holes in the front bumper, i would probably cry :cry: . They handed the bracket to me when i picked mine up and said they could not bring themselves to drill the holes.

I bought my 1993 Mustang GT off the lot. It already had the front plate installed. Didn't think much about it. On those you could mount them under the bumper with 2 tabs. When I got home and took it off, the lazy prep guy had driven 2 self-tapping screws right through the front of my new car. I never did get it to look right.

"Do not install the front lic plate holder" is the first line on my sales order this time.

I asked them to leave the interior untouched and I plan to photograph each piece of paper before I remove it. I went and looked at one a couple of months ago that had been untouched. There were a lot of routing/transport sheets and stuff like that in the car.

THE MAIN THING TO TELL THEM IS DO NOT TOUCH OR DO A THING TO THE CAR AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN OFF THE TRANSPORTER UNTIL YOU GET THEIR.

1 - ask that all tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows

2 - ask that all plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on

3 - ask that NO Dealership decals be applied to the car of where it was sold from (ask for a plate frame with their name on it).

4 - ask for the antenna cover & plug that protects the threads during shipment.

5 - ask that no bags for the locking lug nuts & License plate be opened

6 - ask that the floor mats in the trunk not be opened

7 - ask for the front & rear bumper plastic to stay on the car from shipment

8 - ask for the foam block that is attached to the drivers door from shipment

9 - ask for them not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory

10 - ask for any & all paperwork in the car

11 - ask to be present during the PDI

12 - ask for a copy of the PDI paperwork

13 - ask for a VIN explosion from the "Tech Oasis" software (it's a print out from the service Dept.)

14 - inspect the cars stripes & exterior after it's been washed & don't sign any paperwork until this is done, that way anything you find wrong can be noted prior to acceptance & taking delivery.

15- ask for a 2007 color paint chip handout showing all car colors for 2007

16 - ask for a 2007 Mustang Hand out with the Shelby GT500 in it

17 - ask for the bold moves Banner & the BOLD MOVES launch with (2) DVD's

18 - ask for a few dealer promo 8" x 11" cards (like the one I sent you with the Blue GT500 on it)

19 - ask for a free tank of Premium gas

20 - ask for the copy of the FRONTLINE dealer magazine that had the White w/Blue stripe shelby on it from June?

21- ask for the poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car

22- ask for the the owners manual not to be opened (it has security tape with your cars VIN# on it )

23- ask for BOTH SETS of KEYS

24 - AND MOST IMPORTANTLY .... Ask if they have anything for your friend in Michigan for telling you all this stuff :hysterical2: (the banner & poster would be nice)

EDIT: Added Item #13 & added verbiage to #22

THE MAIN THING TO TELL THEM IS DO NOT TOUCH OR DO A THING TO THE CAR AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN OFF THE TRANSPORTER UNTIL YOU GET THEIR.

1 - ask that all tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows...

... 21 - ask if they have anything for your friend in Michigan for telling you all this stuff (the banner & poster would be nice)

I agree... :hysterical2:

That is quite the list of things to ask for... hope you dont give the guy carpoltunnel syndrom from writing all that down.

:censored: I foget that one

along with ask for the the owners manual :finger:

I'll go back & edit, thanks :hyper:

..I'll be picking up mine at the rail mixing station, maybe they will let me keep the rail car as a souvenir :hysterical:

My stance is, what comes with the car, stays with the car I will take care of my own gas on the drive back to the dealer, and already have all the extras except for a poster or banner. Luckily there's ebay.

..I'll be picking up mine at the rail mixing station, maybe they will let me keep the rail car as a souvenir :hysterical:

My stance is, what comes with the car, stays with the car I will take care of my own gas on the drive back to the dealer, and already have all the extras except for a poster or banner. Luckily there's ebay.

Better tank a gas can....it comes with only 2 gallons in the tank from the factory

He's Ignoring me...... I don't think he wants to get me anything or give me the Banner :cry:

:hysterical:

I'm still reading your post. :hysterical2: I'm on #34. :drop:

Seriously though, thanks....I've printed a copy and have it in my "PUMPS" emergency kit. It's locked and loaded in my Honda CRV...I'm hoping for a dealer call next week...but trying not to get my hopes up since what has happened to 442olds.

PUMPS = Pick Up My Powerful Shelby

Dave

I'm still reading your post. :hysterical2: I'm on #34. :drop:

Seriously though, thanks....I've printed a copy and have it in my "PUMPS" emergency kit. It's locked and loaded in my Honda CRV...I'm hoping for a dealer call next week...but trying not to get my hopes up since what has happened to 442olds.

PUMPS = Pick Up My Powerful Shelby

Dave

It only goes up to #23? And that's the one that matters the most! :hysterical2:

It only goes up to #23? And that's the one that matters the most! :hysterical2:

Ok, I'm trying to stay on topic since this is not the "off topic" section. However, I can't help but tell you how good I am at math as has been pointed out in a couple other threads. :hysterical:

My fingers hurt from typing those 23 steps (that was a joke, I know I can cut and paste). Hopefully my right foot will be sore in about a week.

Dave

Ask to be present for the tank of fuel they will give you.

When I went with the GM of the store to fuel up, once we arrived, he attempted to pump 87 octane in the car until I corrected him :stop: and made him put in 93 octane.

Heck, it says on the fuel door 91+ octane.

4) Owners manual

5) ???

Dave

Hi Dave

My dealer did not want me to break the seal on the owners manual as it has the vin# on it and

they told me it would be worth more not opened. They went ahead at their expence and ordered me

another one. Something to think about.

Hope you get your car soon!

Max

Hi Dave

My dealer did not want me to break the seal on the owners manual as it has the vin# on it and

they told me it would be worth more not opened. They went ahead at their expence and ordered me

another one. Something to think about.

Hope you get your car soon!

Max

:rant: my dealer already had mine & opened it :rant: I'm calling him :rant:

1 - ask that all tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows

2 - ask that all plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on

3 - ask that NO Dealership decals be applied to the car of where it was sold from (ask for a plate frame with their name on it).

4 - ask for the antenna cover & plug that protects the threads during shipment.

5 - ask that no bags for the locking lug nuts & License plate be opened

6 - ask that the floor mats in the trunk not be opened

7 - ask for the front & rear bumper plastic to stay on the car from shipment

8 - ask for the foam block that is attached to the drivers door from shipment

9 - ask for them not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory

10 - ask for any & all paperwork in the car

11 - ask to be present during the PDI

12 - ask for a copy of the PDI paperwork

13 - inspect the cars stripes & exterior after it's been washed & don't sign any paperwork until this is done, that way anything you find wrong can be noted prior to acceptance & taking delivery.

14- ask for a 2007 color paint chip handout showing all car colors for 2007

15 - ask for a 2007 Mustang Hand out with the Shelby GT500 in it

16 - ask for the bold moves Banner & the BOLD MOVES launch with (2) DVD's

17 - ask for a few dealer promo 8" x 11" cards (like the one I sent you with the Blue GT500 on it)

18 - ask for a free tank of Premium gas

19 - ask for the copy of the FRONTLINE dealer magazine that had the White w/Blue stripe shelby on it from June?

20 - ask for the poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car

21 - ask for the the owners manual

22 - ask for BOTH SETS of KEYS

23 - AND MOST IMPORTANTLY .... Ask if they have anything for your friend in Michigan for telling you all this stuff :hysterical2: (the banner & poster would be nice)

EDIT: added items #21 & 22

Coldwater,

Thanks for the list, I just composed an e-mail to my dealer and used 10 of your 23 items. Your list was very helpful. Thanks bud.

Archived