TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to us 2007 GT500

bandit67

This was a birthday present from my wife. :woohoo:

We picked it up the end of July with 4325 miles on it. It is a 2007 that was originally delivered on 8/25/06.

Of course, I've started with some of the mods. No power mods yet, just cosmetic so far.

Have a couple more items to add before we head up to Sturgis for the Labor Day Mustang rally. :peelout:

post-25829-1251166552_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251166935_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251166988_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251166552_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251166935_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1251166988_thumb.jpg

This was a birthday present from my wife. :woohoo:

We picked it up the end of July with 4325 miles on it. It is a 2007 that was originally delivered on 8/25/06.

Of course, I've started with some of the mods. No power mods yet, just cosmetic so far.

Have a couple more items to add before we head up to Sturgis for the Labor Day Mustang rally. :peelout:

Welcome to TS, bandit67! I like the mirror covers - what else have you done? What do you have planned?

I like your tires! :drool: I definitely don't have that much tire. :cry:

As you will find, this place is has lots of info! Happy surfing! :salute:

As you noticed, painted mirror covers are on. Since the photos, I've added a 14" shorty antenna, sequential taillights, the Redline hood struts, and a polished fuse box cover with red Tiffany snake emblem. My new painted fiberglass radiator cover with stripes should be in from Bangastang before we head up to Sturgis. Project 321 GT500 red/white striped engine cover set may or may not make it prior to Sturgis.

I'll be adding painted strut tower covers soon. Eventually, adding Supersnake window vents and a set of side scoops.

Some suspension work is on the list, along with some better rubber. Maybe some new wheels. FRPP CAI will be on by next driving season. Eventually plan a blower upgrade, some exhause work, and on and on. Oh yeah, some interior upgrades too.

Oh, and we have the Shelby signed dash plaque & sill plates on order. B)

WELCOME to Team Shelby.

When you bought the car did you get any information about TSB clutch or tranny repairs that were performed? Some of our early built cars have pooped out leaving folks stranded. I always make sure I hve a fully charged cellphone with me. :bandance:

Clutch TSB is "on order". The dealer's been waiting for one last part for a few weeks now. I hit the forums immediately looking for things I needed to get taken care of.

Hopefully, everything will work out as far as the install goes - dealer's been great about trying to rush it to get it done before my 3/36 runs out, which is today - service order was written up a couple of weeks ago to get it set up in time.

Clutch TSB is "on order". The dealer's been waiting for one last part for a few weeks now. I hit the forums immediately looking for things I needed to get taken care of.

Hopefully, everything will work out as far as the install goes - dealer's been great about trying to rush it to get it done before my 3/36 runs out, which is today - service order was written up a couple of weeks ago to get it set up in time.

Hey good news! Glad that they are going to get that done for you.

I think the dash plaque was the very first thing that I did for mine...

Today I got a call from the dealer telling me that the parts are all in for the clutch TSB, so they should take care of that tomorrow. Following day is a new driver side rocker decal (the original was installed with junk on the backside) plus some sort of squeak underneath that they need to take care of. Should get it back on Friday. Good dealer, in that they keep the car indoors the entire time it's there. B)

A bit of good news, you might already know? Your 3/36 Bumper to Bumper was revised to include 5year/60,000 powertrain. You can call FRPP and buy the "dupicate" sticker that states 5year/60,000 Powertrain below the 3YR/36000 Bumper to Bumper, the cost was $10.

Mine was deivered Aug. 8, 2006. Have a couple simple bolt on suspension mods and a TVS, lot of fun to do some mods and have one a little different than most. I like Red best.post-5223-1251341303_thumb.jpgI have since pulled the axle weights off to make up for the Fays2, looks better too. The early GT500s came with the stainless diff cover.

post-5223-1251341303_thumb.jpg

Archived