TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Hood Part #

youngbull

Careful. You might get labelled with talk like that. :hysterical:

The truth is, if insurance companies will pay that ridiculous price, why would they want to change it. Problem is, no reasonable insurance company would IMO accept that as true replacement cost without a big fight. So, if they start chiming in about it, they risk saying something that could work against them. Silence will reign on this one I suspect.

that makes sense as to why no comments...

hopefully anyone with a KR out there now knows to be extra-extra-extra careful with the 'special' parts.

The KR is a ultra cool car, but man- whoever coulda dreamed repair parts could get this pricey...

that makes sense as to why no comments...

hopefully anyone with a KR out there now knows to be extra-extra-extra careful with the 'special' parts.

The KR is a ultra cool car, but man- whoever coulda dreamed repair parts could get this pricey...

I know it makes me think twice about driving it.

OH Man...in my favorite color too. rediculous repair prices or not, thats one beautiful car

and to think you guys make jokes and rag the dealers for adms and yet, it is right in front of you so it must be ok :banghead:

back on my lowly Mustang GT, I ragged on a lot of dealers- not for markups of 'lot cars' but for their refusal to take orders without ADMs...they were demanding 5~7K just to accept a order, 10+ on verts.

not gonna change dealer practices overnight, but I did find a lot of dealers that couldnt give me a car if they tried. to those that got patted down on a Shelby, well if you got the means and want the car that bad, its your choice- but at a minimum I would 'advertise' for dealers that screwed folks over by ADMs on ordered cars. if the car is truly stock/lot, its theirs, they can do what they want- but to refuse MSRP orders was just wrong.

if one thing were changed, I would find ADM acceptable:

if dealer demands and gets 100K over sticker for a Shelby, that amount should be a 3 way split- 1/3 for the lucky seller, 1/3 each for Ford and Shelby that DESERVED it for building such a awesome car that was worth more than they asked...providing customers more than expected is the way to grow a business...

however the 24k hood IMO is a disservice to customers and the brand. You know, I bet Boeing could lay up a hood like that on the dreamliner producttion line for that...is the car worth repairing- heck yes, but is one very fancy composite part worth that- I dont think so. I bet that hood would be 'highly profitable' at 5k, as aftermarket hoods only run 1~2k...I'm sure SAIs specs are for MonaLisa quality, but still its not a MonaLisa

Will SAI need to pay tax on "12 million dollars worth" of inventory :headscratch:

I'm guessing the crickets musta ate the 'shame' thread too...its now deleted, so gotta assumesomebody didnt like it but didnt want to comment - bet this one disappears too.

bad news travels fast, SAI really should say SOMETHING, IMHO

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47780 WAS titled

'$24,000 hood? Shame on Shelby' most of the folks who commented were shelby owners...their comments musta been found offensive too?

is this forum actually owned/policed by SAI? I thought Robert Lane owned these forums, and it was a spot for all things Shelby to be shared/commented on, etc...BlueOvalForums gets its share of comments Ford may not like, but never saw a thread deleted because of it...locked maybe, but never deleted...

The thread wasnt deleted. I moved it! There were already FIVE thread about the SAME EXACT THING!!! Just because it had a different title didnt make it DIFFERENT. If you want to post about the hood price theres still a couple of thread open. NO REASON to have FIVE threads about the same topic. I dont care if its SAI bashing or about BBQ sandwichs. One or two threads on the same topic is enough

MM

Will SAI need to pay tax on "12 million dollars worth" of inventory :headscratch:

I'm guessing the crickets musta ate the 'shame' thread too...its now deleted, so gotta assumesomebody didnt like it but didnt want to comment - bet this one disappears too.

bad news travels fast, SAI really should say SOMETHING, IMHO

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47780 WAS titled

'$24,000 hood? Shame on Shelby' most of the folks who commented were shelby owners...their comments musta been found offensive too?

is this forum actually owned/policed by SAI? I thought Robert Lane owned these forums, and it was a spot for all things Shelby to be shared/commented on, etc...BlueOvalForums gets its share of comments Ford may not like, but never saw a thread deleted because of it...locked maybe, but never deleted...

So you dont think I removed all of them.

MM

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=47832&hl=

So you dont think I removed all of them.

MM

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=47832&hl=

please forgive me- I made some bad assumptions

great news though- did you see the KR parts thread- robertlane said SAI is working on some stuff, and will be releasing revised KR replacement parts policy next week- great news for both Shelby owners and wannabe Shelby owners alike :)

great news though- did you see the KR parts thread- robertlane said SAI is working on some stuff, and will be releasing revised KR replacement parts policy next week- great news for both Shelby owners and wannabe Shelby owners alike :)

No Worries!!

Im glad it will all be corrected!

MM

The thread wasnt deleted. I moved it! There were already FIVE thread about the SAME EXACT THING!!! Just because it had a different title didnt make it DIFFERENT. If you want to post about the hood price theres still a couple of thread open. NO REASON to have FIVE threads about the same topic. I dont care if its SAI bashing or about BBQ sandwichs. One or two threads on the same topic is enough

MM

Don't you dare touch any topic about BBQ sandwiches. I love BBQ sandwiches! Pulled Pork, sliced brisket, ham...oh man! :drool::drool: We should be able to talk about them as much as we want!

Look, if you don't like BBQ sandwiches, then just stay out of those forums!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

YUMMMY!!!!

It's been said that the Hamburger is the food of America. I say BS to that! BBQ is the American way!!!! post-4213-1252174914.gif

post-4213-1252174914.gif

Don't you dare touch any topic about BBQ sandwiches. I love BBQ sandwiches! Pulled Pork, sliced brisket, ham...oh man! :drool::drool: We should be able to talk about them as much as we want!

Look, if you don't like BBQ sandwiches, then just stay out of those forums!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

YUMMMY!!!!

It's been said that the Hamburger is the food of America. I say BS to that! BBQ is the American way!!!! post-4213-1252174914.gif

somebody get that boy a BBQ sandwich!

however the 24k hood IMO is a disservice to customers and the brand. You know, I bet Boeing could lay up a hood like that on the dreamliner producttion line for that...is the car worth repairing- heck yes, but is one very fancy composite part worth that- I dont think so. I bet that hood would be 'highly profitable' at 5k, as aftermarket hoods only run 1~2k...I'm sure SAIs specs are for MonaLisa quality, but still its not a MonaLisa

I'm sure Boeing could, but then it too would have to be outsourced to a third-world country. Soon it would also fall two years behind of schedule because the few American "assemblers" would not have enough quality hood pins from Malaysia, hoods from Vietnam, and stripes from China to assemble one complete hood.

It's amazing what a little bad press can do.......... :lurk::hysterical:

I pretty sure I NEVER said I could get you a splitter for 900. I said the light are 900 a piece from FORD not SAI! I also agree the splitter is an SAI piece.

If yall remember I took the CF splitter of the SS when I first got the car. I knew it would be easily broken and I didnt have the 800 bucks to replace it over and over again!

Now why would the KR splitter cost so much more than the SS splitter? This is just a guess but the SS can be bought for ANY GT500, so they are ALOT of them made. Mass produced. But the KR splitter was only made 1500 or so times. NONE are stocked! So everytime some breaks one they might have to be indivially made. Of course I dont know this. Maybe SAI have a captive customer and thinks the part is worth 4500!!!!

I was told that all this would be straighted out very SOON!

MM

I dont know about the splitter. It seems that someone else tried to get one at 4500! BUT the HOOD was ordered and SHIPPED to VEGAS by FORD!!!

SAI got each hood painted and seralized per car! THATS FACT! I saw the hoods in boxes!

I DONT have a dog in this fight! I dont own a KR. I dont work for SAI. I guess I just hope that NO ONE would be charged 24K for a hood!

If SAI is wrong I have NO problem telling them. I usually dont do it on an open forum. I email whoever I have a problem with and it gets taken car of.

MM

DING DING DING... We have a WINNER!!!!

Someone is trying to make SAI and Ford look bad!

MM

I dont know but some of the story is NOT true!

You can get the splitter for about $800. I dont doubt SAI would want you to send the old part back, but its not 3300!!!

MM

Oh yea. The Headlight is a FORD part NOT Shebly! Shelby couldnt get the part if you wanted it. They would send you to the local dealer for it

So Im call BS on this story!!!!

MM

I just looked up the HID headlight. Im assuming it has one. The price is almost 1000 a piece!!! WOW!!!

Michael, This is to remind you what you actually said. See once you say the splitter was 649.00 or at least lead people to believe that and another time you said it was 800.00. You also said you would tell Shelby Auto if a part was high price. I am curious as to when that will happen? You also said it would be settled soon?

Michael, This is to remind you what you actually said. See once you say the splitter was 649.00 or at least lead people to believe that and another time you said it was 800.00. You also said you would tell Shelby Auto if a part was high price. I am curious as to when that will happen? You also said it would be settled soon?

:lurk:

Interesting how their new pricing policy was submitted through a PR blog release and not even copied here on their enthusiasts forum where they originally acknowledged the issue. Hmmmm.

Makes me think twice about buying one!

Is there anyone out there that their KR is a daily driver? Now that they're close to realistic pricing, I was close to trading/selling my '08 'vert for one. I've put just over 20K miles on her and would most likely drive the KR the same way.

Archived