TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Hood Part #

youngbull

Thought I would ask. The KR hood is more appealing to me than the super snake and wasn't sure if there is a way to purchase one. I knew they were expensive but not that much. Thanks

The actually part number for the hood is SAI 16612 KR but is not available/for sale.

Only can get one ,if you own a car and its damaged in an accident. I believe /heard ford's retail list on it is 14K (but not 100percent postive on that retail price).

The actually part number for the hood is SAI 16612 KR but is not available/for sale.

Only can get one ,if you own a car and its damaged in an accident. I believe /heard ford's retail list on it is 14K (but not 100percent postive on that retail price).

Retail on hood is actually 18,750.00 (with shipping). Not only that but the hood pins were 625.00, the grilles for hood 650.00 (think that was each) the lower air dam was 3350.00 and the hood stripes were around 500.00

so if your hood is stolen along with your lower air dam its going to cost you 28k plus by the time is on and painted. Just dont ask me how I know. Not to mention the fight you will have because you need one in order to get a new one.

Working with some investors to buy up the left over KR's just to part them out. LOL :lurk::doh:

When the hood came in it turns out the 18,750.00 is DEALER COST ! The customer is more than pissed.

Retail on hood is actually 18,750.00 (with shipping). Not only that but the hood pins were 625.00, the grilles for hood 650.00 (think that was each) the lower air dam was 3350.00 and the hood stripes were around 500.00

so if your hood is stolen along with your lower air dam its going to cost you 28k plus by the time is on and painted. Just dont ask me how I know. Not to mention the fight you will have because you need one in order to get a new one.

Working with some investors to buy up the left over KR's just to part them out. LOL :lurk::doh:

:ohsnap:

that is a bit ridiculous, i read the story, i mean exclusive is one thing PITA is another!

Guy should just get the car totalled and get an new one! it would be

1. Cheaper

2. Easier!

Amy, why all the BS and crazy pricing??????? Owners should not have to jump thru hoops to get replacement parts once the car is verified!

OMG!!!!!!!

Ouch,raised my insurance to cover the hood so if its damaged or stolen I can recoup the retail cost.

And they worry if they offer them over the counter they'll flood the market.At 20K each only a very small #

would ever be sold.

Doc

OMG!!!!!!!

Ouch,raised my insurance to cover the hood so if its damaged or stolen I can recoup the retail cost.

And they worry if they offer them over the counter they'll flood the market.At 20K each only a very small #

would ever be sold.

Doc

You are correct. At pricing like that who would even think about buying one unless they did have a KR.

estimated with tax the hoods are waaaaaaaaay over 20grand!

Ford & Shelby say they are trying to protect the consumer, thats total BS the only thing they are concerned about is their own pockets. The pricing will help the KR prices drop even more.

The part where Ford or Shelby thinks they own your parts is out of this world. If I had a KR I would be more than pissed.

come on now...SAI isn't saying you dont own the parts...the wrecked hood belongs to you(owner of the car)

You just arent getting the price right on the new hood....it is actually 21k PLUS a wrecked hood. Stolen would be better...Dont have to pay the cost of shipping old one back. Doc...I wouldnt feel comfortable driving with a 20k hood I cant replace. If I had a KR, it would be different I guess...

I think someone with a KR hood will take theirs and get it copied for prices like that. take off the original and run with a copy just in case.

I hear crickets chirping in LV.

I'm glad i got a hood and a couple splitters:) I also heard that Ford pulled the origanal molds from the company that made them and took them to another vender and word is they are maybe handlaid carbon and not Prepreg unidirectional Carbon. Also quality is not as good. They are building 500 spares for service parts. So i assume that the reason we are seeing the pricing issue is cause shelby doesn't have very many origanal hoods right now and issues with company making replacements.

I'm glad i got a hood and a couple splitters:) I also heard that Ford pulled the origanal molds from the company that made them and took them to another vender and word is they are maybe handlaid carbon and not Prepreg unidirectional Carbon. Also quality is not as good. They are building 500 spares for service parts. So i assume that the reason we are seeing the pricing issue is cause shelby doesn't have very many origanal hoods right now and issues with company making replacements.

Will SAI need to pay tax on "12 million dollars worth" of inventory :headscratch:

I'm guessing the crickets musta ate the 'shame' thread too...its now deleted, so gotta assumesomebody didnt like it but didnt want to comment - bet this one disappears too.

bad news travels fast, SAI really should say SOMETHING, IMHO

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47780 WAS titled

'$24,000 hood? Shame on Shelby' most of the folks who commented were shelby owners...their comments musta been found offensive too?

is this forum actually owned/policed by SAI? I thought Robert Lane owned these forums, and it was a spot for all things Shelby to be shared/commented on, etc...BlueOvalForums gets its share of comments Ford may not like, but never saw a thread deleted because of it...locked maybe, but never deleted...

Will SAI need to pay tax on "12 million dollars worth" of inventory :headscratch:

I'm guessing the crickets musta ate the 'shame' thread too...its now deleted, so gotta assumesomebody didnt like it but didnt want to comment - bet this one disappears too.

bad news travels fast, SAI really should say SOMETHING, IMHO

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47780 WAS titled

'$24,000 hood? Shame on Shelby' most of the folks who commented were shelby owners...their comments musta been found offensive too?

is this forum actually owned/policed by SAI? I thought Robert Lane owned these forums, and it was a spot for all things Shelby to be shared/commented on, etc...BlueOvalForums gets its share of comments Ford may not like, but never saw a thread deleted because of it...locked maybe, but never deleted...

Careful. You might get labelled with talk like that. :hysterical:

The truth is, if insurance companies will pay that ridiculous price, why would they want to change it. Problem is, no reasonable insurance company would IMO accept that as true replacement cost without a big fight. So, if they start chiming in about it, they risk saying something that could work against them. Silence will reign on this one I suspect.

Archived