TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beautiful day for Driving and Flying

War Eagle

Gorgeous day with temps around 81 degrees, lower humidity and no wind. I drove the Shelby the 40 miles out to the airport and this was the frst time I have had her on the open road. Punched it pretty hard a couple of times and listened to the SC kicking in, man does this car accelerate. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Got the old 1951 Cessna 140-A out and flew her for a couple of hours, first time in a month. This was the first day in quite a while that the temperature and humidity was decent enough to get outside and enjoy it.

Had a deer run across the road near the airport maybe 30 yards in front of me but I was going slow. Lots of Deer and turkeys on the old two lane road near the airport.

Overall great day with the car. :D

Steve

Hi War Eagle

Isn't it nice owning a Shelby and a Plane? I have a 66 Cherokee Piper 180C I'll post pictures when I get home. I always drive the Shelby to the airport. :shift:

Your plane is a lot faster than my old bird. With a climb prop she only cruises at 106 MPH but she is a lot of fun and cheap as dirt to operate with the 90hp Cont., only 5 1/2 gallons per hour.

Post some pics of your plane and car together as soon as you can. If they are not the same color you will have to repaint the plane. :D

Steve

Your plane is a lot faster than my old bird. With a climb prop she only cruises at 106 MPH but she is a lot of fun and cheap as dirt to operate with the 90hp Cont., only 5 1/2 gallons per hour.

Post some pics of your plane and car together as soon as you can. If they are not the same color you will have to repaint the plane. :D

Steve

Hi Steve,

I dont have a picture of the two of them hanging out, I will if it ever stops raining. Here is a few pictures of Juliet. My neighbor has two 1940 something Cessna's he actually remanufactured the rubber seal for the doors so if you ever need a new seal let me know. My neighbor is a certified aircraft mechanic so that comes in handy.

I had a Vacuum pump go out two weeks ago and now I have a Alternator that most likely went bad so my neighbor and I are going to the airport today to 11:00 to replace the vacuum pump and see whats up with the alternator. On Sunday the amps gauge was bouncing all over the place and after 1.2 hours of flying the gauge was all the way to the left so when we landed the battery was dead as a door knob.

Juliet uses 10 gallons per hour and can fly 140 mph. The training plane I learned in was a 76 Cherokee Warrior 140 and that measured in Knots so I have to get use to the MPH. I bought the plane from my dad three weeks ago.

Juliet was repainted in the early 1990's but if the paint was not good I would love to repaint it blue and Silver.

Your plane is beautiful and is nicely restored. Did you restore it or did you buy her that way?

Chad

6128_145337649492_770734492_3354929_3697477_n.jpg

6128_145337659492_770734492_3354931_7377838_n.jpg

6128_145337664492_770734492_3354932_557381_n.jpg

My Neighbor Bill belongs to a Cessna Club and looked to see if there was a member in your area with the first name Steve. He said Yep there is a Steve from Panama City Florida that belongs to the Cessna Club.

What a small world it is

Chad,

That is a good looking Piper and I know you are enjoying it. I have restored a few aircraft but not this Cessna 140. I am doing a small amout of refurbish on it but it was in great shape when I bought it.

I did restore a Piper L-4E from the ground up it can be viewed at this link, my wife helped me do all of the rib lacing on the J-4. It took quite a while as the wings were very long.

http://www.warbirdalley.com/articles/l4e-fa.htm

I also restored two O-1 (L-19) Bird Dogs.

Regards,

Steve

Chad,

That is a good looking Piper and I know you are enjoying it. I have restored a few aircraft but not this Cessna 140. I am doing a small amout of refurbish on it but it was in great shape when I bought it.

I did restore a Piper L-4E from the ground up it can be viewed at this link, my wife helped me do all of the rib lacing on the J-4. It took quite a while as the wings were very long.

http://www.warbirdalley.com/articles/l4e-fa.htm

I also restored two O-1 (L-19) Bird Dogs.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

You do excellant work, WOW that is a beauty. Yep that is you that Bill found in the Cessna Club. DO you still have the Piper L-4E or other aircrafts?

I still don't officially have my PPL yet and actually just got signed off to solo my plane on Sunday. I did my first solo in the Warrior this winter. I'm taking my sweet time and am not in any hurry.

Chad

I guess I'll have to chime in from Vegas and start taking some pics. I am starting a new aircraft maintenance business with a couple of partners at the north las vegas airport(KVGT). We get the keys to our new hangar tomorrow morning at 0800. I'm also part of a club that has everything from "old" analog gauged 172's to DA-42's, a SR-22GTS, multiple DA-40's, a Decathlon and much much more.

Jake

Archived