TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want the lists opinion on this e-mail

1badsho

I will set this up for you ... I belong to several Taurus SHO forums and have been real active with them and the national club for over 12 years.

So when I was in the process of getting my shelby I would post to the SHO sight updates ... I mean .. heck .. we are all car lovers here ..

So this is what I posted below .... And a guy who I have know for years posted a reply back that I think ( just my opinion mind u ! ) just was lame and #&*$)(&*#@$ :banghead: ... well u get the idea.

But the guy did say some crap about some stock rods and piston failures on these cars and I know if that was the case .. we ALL would have heard about it by now ... so pls .. read not so much what i wrote .. but what the other guy wrote :

My reponce to the SHO forum:

After 4 mths of patiently waiting, I should be picking up my ordered> torch red shelby coupe this friday.> > The railcar that the shelby is on should roll into tampa on Friday.> Since I am off that day anyway .. I have already gotten consent to> personally go up and get the car from the unloading dock.> > There have been people on the shelby forums ... who have been waiting> for over a year to get their car. My zone rep pulled a few strings and> got my car built way ahead of schedule. Its great to have connections. > > Once the car is broken in, will get it tuned at VMP and install a CAI> intake .. thats all the hp mods i will want. Just those two mods will> put the rwhp over 500. Thats a tad over 600 hp at the crank.> > Cant wait ! .. but still have my Sr 72 to beat up at track days! > > dond

His reponce back to me:

Yes, but there have already been some stock rod and piston failures at well below those power levels. Sorry, but a two ton car (3920 lbs curb weight coupe, 4040 lbs for the convertible - empty gas tank) is not a pony car any longer IMNSHO, especially a RWD coupe with 57% of its weight on the front axle. Heck that is darn near FWD territory! The GT500 has become a pig fat nose heavy understeering beast of a grand touring car at best. Fast in a straight line – no doubt, hell yes - but I wouldn't want to have to hustle/muscle it around some corners. Compared a dead stock GT500 with a dead stock base C6 Corvette with the Z51 package on a road course like; Gingerman, Blackhawk, Putnam Park, Grattan, Summit Point, Hallet, etc… heck even longer tracks like Mid Ohio or Road Atlanta and I will bet you the C6 Z51 will be quicker, even with at least 100 cHP less power, but hauling around 740 less lbs as well. Yes the GT500 maybe the fastest/baddest Mustang to ever roll out from factory, but that doesn't make it an “end all” fun ride. Other than the straight line acceleration – it’s rather of a disappointment. Now it they would make a street version of the FR500C race car with the cHP all aluminum 5.0L cammer engine and keep the weight in check, call it say the GT350 – now that would be a hoot! Rant off. Sorry, Don nothing personal. I truly hope you enjoy you new toy.

I will set this up for you ... I belong to several Taurus SHO forums and have been real active with them and the national club for over 12 years.

I agree with him on most things he says, but he could have been more tactful in his response. I have no issue with what he said...but he's not the kind of person I'd have for a friend.

Dave

dond,

It appears this guy does not even own a GT500. He is a lame critic at best. He has no hands on experience to derive his opinion from. I know you see right thru him. I would ignore him. It's too bad his post made it to our site IMO. :doh:

A lot of what he says is true. But so what? The fact is you're excited about your new toy and your "friend" does nothing but talk smack about it instead of sharing in your excitement.

Then he tells you it's nothing personal.

Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining...

LOL!!!! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

I will admit, it used to sting when someone pointed out any weakness in something I love. But, opinions are like ass*&^*&...you know the saying. I have a Maserti QP Sport GT, CLS 55 AMG Benz, and the Shelby. The Shelby is MORE fun to drive than the other two combined. I have owned three 911's too. Everycar has it's sweet spot, and every car has it's issues.....well maybe not an F430 or Enzo : ).........anyway, my friend just participated in the new Robb Report competition where they compared about 20 cars. They drove the Bugatti, S65, Lambo's, Ferrari's, 911 Turbo etc....They also had a GT500 Coupe in there. Bottom line....EVERYONE wanted to pick the Shelby as the car of the year!!!! They knew that they had to pick a car over 200K so they ended up with.....shoot....I forgot.....Anyhow, They(drivers) all said that the Sheby was the most fun to drive. Sure, it wont corner like a Lambo, it wont beat a 911 Turbo to 60, but WHO CARES. It's about the fun factor.

Until you actually OWN one, and experience for yourself the driving dynamics of the car, PLEASE remind yourself that you are not speaking from experience. If you want to dog my car go ahead. I couldn't care less.

Im sitting in my beautiful home in sunny Pacific Palisades, CA drinking coffee watching my hot wife walk around the house. Then I will get in my Shelby, drop the top and rip down the Pacific Coast Highway!!!!

The best part....I can put my two daughters in the back....YOU CANT DO THAT IN A VETTE!!!!!!

Same as above, you have one he doesn't, you'll know exactly how much fun the car truly is he'll be speculating...wouldn't loose sleep over a wet turd floating through life...

$20.00 bucks says once you get the supercharger going after the dealer safety your grin and smile will light up anyone around you and that my friend is contagious...drop the hicks over there and hang out here!!

We're all a little biased, but then again thats the point like minded individuals.... :drop: (did I say that in my outside voice)

Cheers,

and good luck with your car !!

Requis

A lot of what he says is true. But so what? The fact is you're excited about your new toy and your "friend" does nothing but talk smack about it instead of sharing in your excitement.

Then he tells you it's nothing personal.

Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining...

+1

drop the hicks over there and hang out here!!

Requis

:hysterical:

Archived