TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked up my Shelby at the railyard today!

1badsho

When I woke up this am I wasnt positive I would be getting my car today. Based on what the rail yard said .. if the train got in late afternoon and they didnt get it un loaded, I would have to wait till Monday.

At least I have the knowledge that the car was in Tampa ... and soon to be at our dealership.

I waited till about 11:30 am this morning to make my calls. First called CSX and the guy told me great news ... the train already arrived in tampa .. dropped the two cars off and was en route to its next destination.

Now I am getting giddy ... I call Allied Automotive at the rail yard ... and they too confirm that they are unloading the two rail cars ... a total of 35 cars and to come on up !

I had to wait till my back up got to the store and than had one of our dealer trade drivers drive me up to the yard.

I got to the railyard about 3:20 pm and now I am on pins and needles.

They varify all my info ... drivers lic ... etc ... make sure who I am ... and than they take me in a shuttle to where the car was parked... and there she was ! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

What a beautiful sight :hyper: ... gorgous. I walked around made sure there was no damage ... (wasnt any) and off I went.

Went about a mile to the closest gas station and proceeded to get the car ready for its 1 1/2 drive home.

Got all the shipping stuff off ... put the antenna on .. cleaned some stuff off the windows and got all the interior plastic removed and filled the tank up ... That was interesting .. about 13 gallons ... how big or small are these tanks ?

So I am done .. get in the car and start driving it home :shift: ... WOW ... what a nice ride ... after about 14 miles the boost kicked in .. and all was well

The looks I got .. on the interstate was amazing .. just like the group said .. gawkers everywhere. The car had no vibration ... real smooth ... real quite ... and the tranny .. well at 0 -5 miles per hour .. u defintily hear it .... but i thought the shifting was incredible fluid ... just takes getting use to the 6 spd and the way the gates are situated.

Below are the pictures of the car in the lot and than later at home

its just so good to get the car and now I can enjoy it.

post-7556-1165640659_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640697_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640825_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640862_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640903_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640962_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640659_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640697_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640825_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640862_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640903_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1165640962_thumb.jpg

Wow! How were you able to take posession of the car without it first being delivered to the Dealer and PDI'ed? Buy it Online?! LOL.

Congrats!

Called "perks of the job"

Most of the guys on the forum know i work for ford and as the car got closer to home, I got the dealer and the Ford zone rep to sign off on me personally going up and get the car.

A PDI is to make sure there is no damage on the car .. check all the fluids .. tire pressure .. remove all the plastic and clean it ..etc.

Since i am one of the store managers and build my own motors/trannys on my race SHO ... it really wasnt a big deal. The big deal was being able to GET the car ... and did it ever drive sweet.

Most will never be able to do what i did .. so I am grateful that i had that opperunity.

Again ... i cant get over on how well the car drove .. so dang smooth ...

Cant get to sleep .. want to go out and do some more driving !

dond

Most of the guys on the forum know i work for ford and as the car got closer to home, I got the dealer and the Ford zone rep to sign off on me personally going up and get the car.

A PDI is to make sure there is no damage on the car .. check all the fluids .. tire pressure .. remove all the plastic and clean it ..etc.

Since i am one of the store managers and build my own motors/trannys on my race SHO ... it really wasnt a big deal. The big deal was being able to GET the car ... and did it ever drive sweet.

Most will never be able to do what i did .. so I am grateful that i had that opperunity.

dond

Excellent! Quite the opportunity. :yup:

[

The looks I got .. on the interstate was amazing .. just like the group said .. gawkers everywhere. The car had no vibration ... real smooth ... real quite ... and the tranny .. well at 0 -5 miles per hour .. u defintily hear it .... but i thought the shifting was incredible fluid ... just takes getting use to the 6 spd and the way the gates are situated.

Below are the pictures of the car in the lot and than later at home

its just so good to get the car and now I can enjoy it.

Good to hear all is well with delievery.......now you know what this car feels like to drive ......it is a real brotherhood of Shelbys after you own and drive one ....nothing like it ....have a great Xmas .......and enjoy your car........

dond

I also got to be able to pick my car up at railyard. Was a thrill to be able to drive in take some video (forgot my media card for camera at home) do a quick walke around, load it up and head out.

Had big plans on the pics I was going to take but.......

post-3989-1165804246_thumb.jpg

I also got to be able to pick my car up at railyard. Was a thrill to be able to drive in take some video (forgot my media card for camera at home) do a quick walke around, load it up and head out.

Here is mine from an August delivery ..... The Rail Yard pick up is fun....

post-3989-1165804246_thumb.jpg

Here is mine from an August delivery ..... The Rail Yard pick up is fun....

I opened that photo and almost peed.

Your car is beautiful. Mine is gonna be just like that.

Another GO. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. :happy feet:

Hey twinn

that is way to cool .. to see your car actually being unloaded from the train. Wish I had been able to get to the yard earlier to have witnessed the same ... but since I was still at work at our store .. couldnt.

Just the mere fact that I was able to do something "different" in terms of getting the car .. is worth it.

I have already gotten use to the speed and now cant wait for my tune ... need those extra 100 ponies !

dond

Merry Christmas SHO.

BTW if you shift every time that little arrow shiftlight thing on the tach lights up (about 1000 rpm) you will get better gas mileage. :hysterical2::shift:

Shift every time that little amber light comes on ??? :rant: dam ... if i did that.. especially now since i have had the car almost a week .. my shifting arm would be plume dog tired .... that dam light ... i swear is possessed :rant::rant:

dond

Shift every time that little amber light comes on ??? :rant: dam ... if i did that.. especially now since i have had the car almost a week .. my shifting arm would be plume dog tired .... that dam light ... i swear is possessed :rant::rant:

dond

I hear that!!! I'm not sure if I ever even get to 4th gear! Congrats on your gorgeous car. ENJOY!

Archived