TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Chatter worse after TSB

chuckstang

Any one else have this issue

We are talking much worse.

I have 373 gears but still have to rev it way up even in reverse

Never had this issue before TSB was performed, what could cause this, I have heard chatter should be much less after TSB is performed. Also noticed that chatter is bad both cold and hot, does not matter.

Would really like to figure this out because it makes driving the car not fun at all and nearly dangerous as I have to nearly launch the car from a stop

Thanks

The chatter will never go away completely, but will "mellow" over time.

So you thinnk that the chatter will lessen over time because before I had the TSB done, I had no chatter, now a ton!

Yes, you can count on it. The clutch is brand new and quite "sticky" right now, but will gradually soften with use and time.

Yes, you can count on it. The clutch is brand new and quite "sticky" right now, but will gradually soften with use and time.

I agree. My chatter was terrible after the TSB. Now with just over 1,000 miles since the work, it is much better and almost gone.

wow this is a relief I guess

Did you guys wait before going balls to the wall after your TSB was performed?

I maybe gave her 100 miles and thats it, but then again I never launched the car at the track, I am just talking about the occastional red line speed shift.

I am paranoid that, that was not wise!

wow this is a relief I guess

Did you guys wait before going balls to the wall after your TSB was performed?

I maybe gave her 100 miles and thats it, but then again I never launched the car at the track, I am just talking about the occastional red line speed shift.

I am paranoid that, that was not wise!

I noticed the same thing. I find there are two ways to eliminate it, one start letting the clutch out until it starts to pull the car a little then gradually add throttle while letting the clutch out. This is for normal slow take offs. The other is to rev up and slip the hell out of it. That will lead to premature wear but works. Anything in between will result in chatter. Usually if mine starts to chatter, I stop letting the clutch out and get off the gas until it stops and then back on the gas. It takes some practice but it can be done without a lot of revs.

Good luck

I noticed the same thing. I find there are two ways to eliminate it, one start letting the clutch out until it starts to pull the car a little then gradually add throttle while letting the clutch out. This is for normal slow take offs. The other is to rev up and slip the hell out of it. That will lead to premature wear but works. Anything in between will result in chatter. Usually if mine starts to chatter, I stop letting the clutch out and get off the gas until it stops and then back on the gas. It takes some practice but it can be done without a lot of revs.

Good luck

Yes, it all comes down to technique. I can make the clutch engage smooth or chatter. Before and after the TSB. The TSB is not the culprit. I look at it this way, the clutch is great and the driver is rewarded by proper technique. It is not that hard to routinely have smooth, chatter free starts without over-reving. I see a common mistake when I let others drive my GT500. One's do not put their heal on the floor board and slide clutch pedal under the ball of their foot. This technique permits a smooth progressive "up-take". When the alternative is done, no heal on the floor board, and they simply use leg action that tries to find the clutch sweet-spot will more than likely experience shutter.

Yes, it all comes down to technique. I can make the clutch engage smooth or chatter. Before and after the TSB. The TSB is not the culprit. I look at it this way, the clutch is great and the driver is rewarded by proper technique. It is not that hard to routinely have smooth, chatter free starts without over-reving. I see a common mistake when I let others drive my GT500. One's do not put their heal on the floor board and slide clutch pedal under the ball of their foot. This technique permits a smooth progressive "up-take". When the alternative is done, no heal on the floor board, and they simply use leg action that tries to find the clutch sweet-spot will more than likely experience shutter.

I never shudder anymore. Just need to be agressive and get the thing out quickly. I did for the first month of driving, but I have completely adjusted and now can drive it with zero shudder.

I never shudder anymore. Just need to be agressive and get the thing out quickly. I did for the first month of driving, but I have completely adjusted and now can drive it with zero shudder.

Exactly, don't spend a lot of time finding the sweet-spot, find it then quickly release the pedal.

OK guys don't jump on me but is this what is considered clutch chatter. A shuddering type of feeling?

OK guys don't jump on me but is this what is considered clutch chatter. A shuddering type of feeling?

If you slip the clutch, the entire car will start to shake like a wet dog. Very severe shaking.... That said, I know how to never make it happen. If I want to make it happen, I could do it on demand, too....

Archived