TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BBK Throttle upgrade & charge motion plates

Anthony

I got the FRPP 62mm Dual Bore Throttle Body (#M-9926-3V)

web.jpg

I have no clue if it was worth it or for that matter if any of my mods were worth it but it sure looks good and I love driving the car.

I am drooling over your Hot Rod Cams saving my pennies for them next !!!

Good luck

Andrew

Anthony

I got the FRPP 62mm Dual Bore Throttle Body (#M-9926-3V)

web.jpg

I have no clue if it was worth it or for that matter if any of my mods were worth it but it sure looks good and I love driving the car.

I am drooling over your Hot Rod Cams saving my pennies for them next !!!

Good luck

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I saw that ford throttle body and its hot but cutting corners with my birthday loot. Like to do both those mods if charge plates are not a big gain. I'll be buying that hot chrome body :drool:

I have to say, I have alot of fun with those cams at traffic lights. When a ricer pulls up or another mod car pulls up they look at me and then hear my car idle which I lowered it down a little more so its really rough. They usually give me a thumbs up or creep away.

Anthony

They quote about 10 rwhp for throttle body and the same for the plates not bad even if, I haven't dyno my car yet.

i'de say about 5 hp for the throttle body, im getting ready to put a twin 65mm on(gt500) i can tell you right now the cmdp is a hell of an upgrade for the money. easy to install and the increased throttle response and hp gain is amazing.

theyr easy to install too. i put mine on in one and a half hours. that was at 3 in the morning! after watching 3 movies and being tired as hell!!(theres a story there and it was good)

i'll post numbers up when i do the throttle body later this week.

Edited by ARMORINE

I think about 10 hp is what I heard from the ford racing body... I would really pony up and buy the ford racing instead of the bbk... Its prolly my next mod im going to do besides the c&l intake manifold...

I'm leaning towards the Ford racing but also looking into the GT500 throttle body. I also discussed on this site and also read on another forum that C&I intake manifold isn't worth installing they had to redo the manifold and still got bad reviews.

Thanks ken for the info!!!

No sweat Racer. I really like my BBK and at less than 1/2 the cost of the same sized FRPP throttle body, the price was right for me.

The gains are much more noticeable with the charge motion delete plates, however. Between the two, I'd definitely go with the Steeda billet plates.

Good luck

Ken

No sweat Racer. I really like my BBK and at less than 1/2 the cost of the same sized FRPP throttle body, the price was right for me.

The gains are much more noticeable with the charge motion delete plates, however. Between the two, I'd definitely go with the Steeda billet plates.

Good luck

Ken

What do you guys think of the GT500 throttle body on are engines??