TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Springs and Roush UCA

bpmurr

I installed the Ford FRPP springs and Roush UCA with a buddy of mine who is a mechanic. Everything went on pretty easy. The car looks fantastic with the springs on it. For awhile there I thought I owned a Raptor with the 4x4 look. I've noticed no difference in ride quality trying it on a couple different pavement types. For anyone who wants to lower their car I highly recommend the springs. Next up is wheel hop testing with the new UCA. Didn't think to even do that today.

One more thing. I haven't had a chance to get an alignment. The car showed no signs of the alignment being an issue while driving. I'll probably get one in a week or two and post how off anything was. Also I'll post some pics of the car this week.

I installed the Ford FRPP springs and Roush UCA with a buddy of mine who is a mechanic. Everything went on pretty easy. The car looks fantastic with the springs on it.

Sounds like a good way to go..... pics?

Get yourself an adjustable panhard bar. I bet your driverside tire is closer to the fender than on the passanger side.

Is the panhard something that needs to be installed at the time when you upgrade suspension, or is it just a simple bolt-on that can be done before\after suspension work. Thanks

Get yourself an adjustable panhard bar. I bet your driverside tire is closer to the fender than on the passanger side.

We looked over the car and it looks like they are about the same by eyesight.

Adjustable panhard bar is needed when ever you switch springs out.

I'll probably get one. It looks like your original assumption is correct. The drivers side wheel is slightly closer to the fender.

I installed the Ford FRPP springs and Roush UCA with a buddy of mine who is a mechanic. Everything went on pretty easy. The car looks fantastic with the springs on it..........................Also I'll post some pics of the car this week.

bpmurr,

Would you mind posting the part number of the spring kit you used? It's probably just me, but I find the FR website pretty ambiguos when it comes to such things for the 2010 GT500.

Oh yeh........don't forget those pictures :) I'm particularly interest because my vehicle really sits quite nicely at the front from the factory, and I 'd like to see photos of what the kit would actually do in terms of lowering. On my car it's just the rear that seems like it needs to come down an inch or so - and I'm not sure what the car would look like if it was lowered an equal amount all around.

Thanks, Ian

bpmurr,

Would you mind posting the part number of the spring kit you used? It's probably just me, but I find the FR website pretty ambiguos when it comes to such things for the 2010 GT500.

Oh yeh........don't forget those pictures :) I'm particularly interest because my vehicle really sits quite nicely at the front from the factory, and I 'd like to see photos of what the kit would actually do in terms of lowering. On my car it's just the rear that seems like it needs to come down an inch or so - and I'm not sure what the car would look like if it was lowered an equal amount all around.

Thanks, Ian

The way the Ford racing website makes it sound is that the whole car is lowered 1.25 inches. However, it doesn't seem like the front is lowered much at all, while the back is a huge difference. It still has a slight raked look as which I like. I'll be sure to take pictures this week.

Well I just ordered a BMR adjustable Panhard rod and camber bolt kit. No offense Mixxer but I had pervious experience with BMR's parts on my 05 GT. Not that yours aren't as good. :)

I installed a BMR panhard bar a couple of weeks ago. I really like where they put the adjuster and jam nuts well away from the chassis bracket where you can easily access them.

The way the Ford racing website makes it sound is that the whole car is lowered 1.25 inches. However, it doesn't seem like the front is lowered much at all, while the back is a huge difference. It still has a slight raked look as which I like. I'll be sure to take pictures this week.

Did you install the M-5300-L springs for the 07 to 09 GT500?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9882

Did you install the M-5300-L springs for the 07 to 09 GT500?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9882

Correct

We also took off the rubber covers on the stock front springs. There is a small piece on each. It looks like they were put there to keep them from knocking. They were glued on but came off easy and went right on the FRPP springs. I drove my car 70 miles round trip to and from work yesterday. No issues or noises so far.

Here is a quick side pic I took today. I really need to take some nice shots of the car. I will soon.

Looks great. A little short but...LOL Sorry, I just learned how to do it the other day and I'm fascinated.

loweredjpg.th.jpg

The BMR adj. Panhard bar works really well to align the axle too. Tip: if you loosen the panhard brace bolt (above the panhard bar bolt on the passenger side) it makes the removal of the panhard bar a lot easier. say that 3 times fast.

Looks great. A little short but...LOL Sorry, I just learned how to do it the other day and I'm fascinated.

loweredjpg.th.jpg

The BMR adj. Panhard bar works really well to align the axle too. Tip: if you loosen the panhard brace bolt (above the panhard bar bolt on the passenger side) it makes the removal of the panhard bar a lot easier. say that 3 times fast.

How did you do that to the image? That's funny! I want to know how to do that.

Which BMR Panhard are you guys using...??.....the Tubular on-car or the Chrome-moly??

Here's the one I use - works great and is quiet. You can see that the adjuster/jam nuts are positioned away from the chassis mount; this allows you to set your adjustment and lock it down with the jam nuts without interference.

BMR PHR006 Tubular "On-Car" Adjustable Panhard Rod.

panhards.jpg

adjuster.jpg

Here's the one I use - works great and is quiet. You can see that the adjuster/jam nuts are positioned away from the chassis mount; this allows you to set your adjustment and lock it down with the jam nuts without interference.

BMR PHR006 Tubular "On-Car" Adjustable Panhard Rod.

panhards.jpg

adjuster.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys....I'll be ordering it in a few minutes. I would assume directly from BMR was the cheapest?? .....and any need for the additional rod support brace rom BMR?

Also......you guys who did the FRPP Springs.......are you satiisfied with the amount of drop (and have any close ups of the tire to fender). I know some have gotten Eibachs that seem a bit lower but also stiffer.

How did you do that to the image? That's funny! I want to know how to do that.

How to make a mini car

Good stuff!

Thanks a bunch guys....I'll be ordering it in a few minutes. I would assume directly from BMR was the cheapest?? .....and any need for the additional rod support brace rom BMR?

Also......you guys who did the FRPP Springs.......are you satiisfied with the amount of drop (and have any close ups of the tire to fender). I love the amount of drop I got w/ my Ford springs. I don't think my front bumper would allow for much more w/out being ripped off. LOL I also run a 305 tire on a 10'' wheel so I don't think my tires would allow me to go much lower either. I know some have gotten Eibachs that seem a bit lower but also stiffer.

I just got the panhard bar and NOT all the additional bracing. This was recommended to me by the guys @ Lethal Performance, and has worked out great.

It's an '08 but,

Fronts

frontse.th.jpg

rear

rears.th.jpg

FRPP springs

tokico shocks/struts

BMR LCA w/ relocation brackets

BMR panhard bar

Also......you guys who did the FRPP Springs.......are you satiisfied with the amount of drop (and have any close ups of the tire to fender). I know some have gotten Eibachs that seem a bit lower but also stiffer.

I purchased from Lethal Performance as well - great service! IMO the brace is not necessary, but it wasn't too expensive and was easy to install concurrent with the panhard bar.

I only installed the rear springs for now; I'm waiting until I can afford camber plates before I install the front springs. I'm very happy with the FR springs.

bpmurr,

Did your bunny hop go away or will you be replacing the LCA's next?

Honestly, I didn't experience any in stock form. I just know it can happen. Lethal was able to reproduce some slight hop with the 2010. So far so good.

Archived